2018-02-07 10:18:29

hey all,
I've decided to use the main topic again, since that's a more permanent one. IMO this has served it's purpose, along with the 20 others like it.
Anyway, the killingground map is now in the game,
check it out here

2018-02-10 20:39:15

I'm not complaining it because its not that bad.
Thanks for the update!

2018-02-11 02:37:22 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2018-02-11 02:57:27)

Um, okay, was going to buy some things, and:

Heller boys, we were watchin' this here war, and noticed that erik's barricade bomb just totally terminated cortana epicly on that there the store!

This has also happened to me when trying to access Sky Island.

That needs to be fixed, ASAP!

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-02-11 09:10:21

To those people who complain avout varricaded stores or islands, get out. It is a tactic like any other. Just like using cheep ass comvos to stun people.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-02-11 10:39:58

you can disarm baricades  with spring boots.

2018-02-11 12:30:41

The problem of high powered players being able to insta heal or insta armor after being hit has been discussed with Sam many times before, by many people, almost all of them experienced players, even as of several months ago, and has been identified as being a major, longstanding issue since nearly the beginning.
Small lag on individual item use (even if only for health and shields), over all weight limit, health or shield item limit, and others have all been suggested, and while Sam brought up issues with health caps, we hammered them out quite well as a team more than once with his input.
Despite that, and all the updates since then, nothing has changed, so it is clear where his priorities lie.
He would much rather add awesome new features than fix longstanding problems, even for things that would literally require a number change or two, and ten minutes of testing to verify.
And I'm not even talking about contested issues, which may cause backlash, as I understand his misgivings with those.
This is obviously a more divisive topic, but again, many high level players (at least the ones worth listening to) expressed that they would be able to bend on this.

Sam has actually made good changes like this in the past, which is appreciated, but they are generally few and far between, lesser in importance, drastically changed from the original agreed  upon concept (though sometimes for good reason) and almost always only put into effect after allot of convincing by his close friends, and procrastination or diversion on his part.
So in nearly all cases, if you want thoughtful game design, look elsewhere, and don't waste your breath trying to convince this Dev of anything unless it brings him instant gratification or has no chance of causing conflict with his friends, no matter how small.
Basically, if it gets under your skin and seriously effects your enjoyment that the game is now mostly resource gathering and pointless multikilling devoid of any (effective) skill, you should probably just give up on Redspot rather than hope for change, trust me, I did and it's probably increased my lifespan by at least a few months LOL.

2018-02-11 17:41:53

i plase a  thumbs up for the last post.

2018-02-11 23:17:27

connor142 wrote:

To those people who complain avout varricaded stores or islands, get out. It is a tactic like any other. Just like using cheep ass comvos to stun people.

This is not a tactic, this is being selfish. Want your own store? Build a base; don't block other players from getting access to items.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-02-13 01:23:34

So, in conclusion, Sam Tupy is nothing but a developer who wants all the power because he thinks he has the right because he made the game. May I remind you, it is your decision to make a game, but that doesn't entitle you to have power all day. I think that with Carter the game is slowly, trying to go somewhere. Don't worry, before we know it, it'll be stw number 2. There will be the people who play it all day no matter if an admin, AKA Sam shoots down people with adminguns, or adminstars whaterver the hell they're called, same thing. You will have the people who get sick of it and you know what happens after that. Since I got banned, I'm no longer sitting on the game getting mad because some stupid OP team that's been on for months. Yes, probably with the inventory they have that has things they didn't work for. Sniping newbies with weapons like the sniper as soon as they come online is not working for shit. Yes, the killingground apparently fixed this problem, but seems like a lot of people still have problems with the battlefield.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com