2018-02-10 07:51:20

Hi all,
I've recently started playing bk3, and am super stuck on stage 3-4.
slight spoilers if you've not played the game yet:
I've made my way to this point, however now the insects don't seem to be able to be killed with the longsword. Everything else I.E. desks ETC is killable, however the insects just don't seem to get hit, and their hitpoints are still at 100%.
Anyone know how to deal with this?
Cheers,

Daniel

2018-02-10 14:47:08

I seem to remember this happening to me. Is the shop of stage two available? Buy whatever sword they have there and that should do it.

2018-02-10 20:30:24 (edited by keithwipf1 2018-02-10 20:31:15)

Remember, attack also plays a part here.
You could grind out some levels in 2.3, the rolling rocks give good XP.

2018-02-11 00:33:08

Evening,
Thanks both for the responses, I mannaged to get it after leveling up a few times, and that seemed to do the trick.
Yet another question now, as the original game topic's huge and I figure why not just ask my questions here?
I'm currently on 11,2, and the NPC(carla) keeps getting killed by I believe they're bombs.
Is there any way to avoid those, as as the player you don't seem to have much control over the movement of npcs?
Thanks again,

Daniel

2018-02-11 03:12:50

The bombs are coming from platforms. You trigger the bombing by walking underneath them. Turn on your sonar if you have it, and you can detect the platforms. You can either hook up and go over the top, or just speed past them. The thing is not to hang around underneath them, and try not to trigger them while Carla is passing under. She doesn't set them off the way you do.

2018-02-11 08:50:32 (edited by daniel 2018-02-11 08:57:25)

Awesome, thanks, that probably explains it!
Edit: I've tried this, and it doesn't seem to be able to detect them unfortunately. Enabled it with o, however they're still dropping and I'm getting no warning about platforms.
Also, and I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here, but is there a list of secrets etc I.E. special weapons ETC that you can get?
Slight spoilers, there are apparently jump shoes you can get from 6-2 that I'm hoping to find, but my understanding is that it's a dial combination, correct me if I'm wrong though.
Cheers,

Daniel

2018-02-11 13:07:28

Sorry, my mistake. I just check, 11.2 doesn't have platforms, it's 11.3 where they come in. ON 11.2, it's just the occasional bomb. Don't think there's anything you can do about those other than try to avoid them. As regards them hitting Carla, I suppose you just have to stay close enough to inject her with the remote medical thingie when her health gets low.
I don't think there's a list of secrets anywhere I know of. You just have to search the forum and hope you get the answer, and if not, ask. Pretty much every question you'll ask will have been asked before, but finding them isn't always that easy to be honest. There have been a couple of thorough walkthroughs by Liam Erven on youtube, and someone call Carrie I think. They'll have lots of useful tips in them, but they may be a little out-of-date as regards some weapons and techniques.

2018-02-12 12:58:37

Hi,
Many thanks for all the help with this. I've now unlocked the fabrication shop, however I seem to be missing water, and it's the one thing that I don't seem to get anywhere. Anyone mind giving me some pointers on how to get it?
Thanks,

Daniel

2018-02-12 13:41:12

Sure, you can get water anywhere clean water shows up on your objects list. For instance, go to 5.1, and go to 200 where the clean water is. Press enter, and you'll get a dialog, just press enter again to get the water. Tip, if you need a lot of water, after pressing enter, press the a key to skip the dialog. This will speed things up a lot.

2018-02-12 17:30:21 (edited by daniel 2018-02-12 18:26:10)

Awesome, thanks.
I'm now getting killed on 21-1, is there a strategy for avoiding those pesky cameras?
Edit: After having a look at Liam's playthrough of that section, I'm now trying to create a water plane launcher. However, I'm missing a large slime figure. Anyone know whereabouts I can find one?
Thanks,

Daniel

2018-02-13 20:24:54

Most of these questions can be answered with a forum search, as they've all been covered in the original topic.

for the cameras, remember that you are not supposed to get spotted by them... they're supposed to be stealth missions! smile

Discord: clemchowder633