2018-02-08 05:46:14

Hi all,

does someone know if there's a way to modify or add new sounds to an existing character in mugen?
I have a game which is called "mortal kombat Special Edition". There's a character for which I'd like to add my own sounds and Change the sounds when it wins a fight.
I tried the Programm fighter factory but it seems that it isn't accessible for us.

Could anyone help? It really were cool if someone could!

Thanks.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2018-02-08 06:02:34

All the sounds are packed into one .SND file. A character's .CNS file determines what sound is triggered when a particular action is performed, like special moves, punching, etc.
As for modifying, the only full featured program that I know of is Fighter Factory. I say full-featured because there was another one I tried simply called MUGEN Character Maker or something, and when a .SND file was imported, all the possible sounds were not loaded, so for example, if a character had 40 sounds, only 20 or 25 sounds were loaded. Both programs were not accessible with screen readers, if you are wondering about MUGEN Character Maker's accessibility.

2018-02-08 09:37:27

There's another snd modifier I can't recall the name for the life of me. I'm gonna see if I can find it. It's completely free and really easy to use. I remember modding a few snds with my own sounds back then.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-02-08 13:39:34

Hi Mata,
that were really cool if you could tell me about that program, I really would love to add or Change some sounds in the games.

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2018-02-08 22:46:34

Hi, can you send me a link to this game please? I want to try it

my discord: gamer20#7735
my keybase, note you will need the keybase mac, linux, or windows client to access it: k:\public\theblindgamer50
if you also wish to contact me on telegram, you can do so by going to this link: http://t.me/theblindgamer50
have a nice day!

2018-02-09 02:45:23

Hi.
MUGEN is not a game, rather, it's a fighting game engine where you can create your own fighting games, everything from characters, stages, and even the menus are customizable.
I don't remember where to get it, it's been years since I last touched MUGEN.

2018-05-10 03:02:53

you can get mugen at: 
https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloa … gen-builds

and if you know where to get the snd file modifier please let me know. also any tips for mugen would be good. i want to play hyper dragonball z, and dragonball heros games, but how do i figure out the menus, how to choose a character and start a fight and so on?

2018-05-10 13:00:54

I think the only choice you have is to try the different buttons on the keyboard to find out which key does what. That depends on how the keys are configured.
Because I dont know the games you wrote about I can't help you, I'm sorry.
But for the sound modifier try the folling:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w8t4fvisag0bq … v.zip?dl=1
With this tool, I managed to make the sound of a character of mortal kombat with my own voice! It's so cool!
If you have questions about it, just ask and I'll try to help you.
Have fun!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2018-05-11 04:29:51

Oh wow, I never knew this program was a thing! I've been trying to search for the thing you wanted earlier with no luck at all.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-05-11 11:20:24

it was a hard search for me, too. I got another program from a skype user but an error appeared and it never worked. I really was frustrated about that.
Then, I searched myself and found this cool cool program which really made my dream come true! I'm so proud of my own character made with my own voice!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2018-05-11 12:57:27

Was that the one I sent you? I sent you one as well.

2018-05-11 20:36:18

and now that i have the snd to wav program, i can get all possible dragonball z and dragonball super, sounds and music and I think for accessibility sake, and because there are dragonball tableTop board games with dice rolling out there... that dragonball z would make an excellent tactical battle map pack!