2018-02-07 15:59:24

Hi all! The tittle should be self explanatory.
Do you suggest, any library in particular that a python developer  should learn after learning python basics?

Paul

2018-02-07 17:01:39

this ultimately depends on what your aiming to create. Since you haven't really specified, requests (absolutely amazing HTTP library), pygame or pyglet, wxpython (allows for the creation of accessible GUI's), pyinstaller (packages code into executables), jango/flask (if your working with the web), Beautiful Soup (considerably easy to use HTML parser), something for code analysis of PEP8 if you plan to use open source, flake8 is nice, pylint is extremely loud IMO, accessible_output2 (for interfacing with TTS) and last but not least a good audio library (I prefer sound_lib, which is a wrapper of base). I'm probably forgetting some, but this has been the result of a quick trip into site-packages.

2018-02-07 23:53:32

Well I'm referring on miscellaneus tematics, I don't have a generic preference like web or GUI.
For the html parser I was reading about sgml, but I don't know if that's was deprecated.

Paul

2018-02-08 00:22:08

Numpy's good if you ever need to do any heavy lifting with large data arrays, and pyglet/pygame are good general starting libraries because they both have input and audio bindings for UI. There's also Libaudioverse and PyAL for OpenAL for handling audio exclusively, along with a few other alternatives for TTS like Tolk and Pyttsx. If you feel like drifting more into scientiic computing you could look into SciPy or scikit, theres also a few libraries floating around for machine learning, gene sequencing, etc.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-02-08 00:46:08

Also, PyQT5/PySide can create accessible GUIs as well. QT is quite accessible.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-02-08 07:23:09

does PYQT-5 make GUIS accessible more than WX's ones?
is that a wrapper, or was been made in the python language?

Paul

2018-02-10 12:30:59

@magurp244
Another thing I'm wondering about is that where I could I find a good documentation (not API reference) for libaudioverse?
And is it possible to use libaudioverse in another language which supports dll libraries?

2018-02-10 12:48:31

@black and white, there is the documentation of libaudioverse on github.

Paul