2018-01-31 07:38:33

Okay this is one I saw many years ago but couldn't register due to the capcha.
I have now registered and there captcha isn't an issue (or at least it hasn't been thus far.

The game is similar to Drakor and the old game "the reborn" namely where your character does automatic clicker idle type actions while you sit around and look at boosts, although from what I've gathered combat isn't half as interessting as in drakor.

The game is very into hotspot clicking, which is a miner pest, though fortunately it's so fire and forget the skills activate fairly easily.
There is one problem though which is that the navigation links are list items not links.
This means they can be easily navigated  whatever your screen reader's "move to next list item" key is (it's i in Nvda), however clicking on them is somewhat of a problem.

The most major issue I've had with this is absolutely no way at all to get to my characters' inventory and either see what items I've gathered.
Apparently it's under the "game help and options" list item, but when I click on that nothing happens at all.

This means no battling, and also that selling anything I get through skilling is very hard, since this game has no "sell all" type of box, which is quite frustrating.

Imho this one isn't as interesting as Drakor, but it is probably easier to play, or at least would be if A, we can sort this inventory issue, and B the Capcha isn't stupid.

Either way if people want to give it a try and report access wise, feel free to help me out by using My referal link

Btw, I think on reflection I prefer skilling, crafting mining etc in muds, just because you have to do more and the activities can be more interesting and interactive.

That's actually one thigng I really like about flexible survival, you can play it in the background as a browser game using automatic combat and social actions, or you can log in to the mud for the full experience, or you can do both at once.

Anyway, if people want to let me know what they think to Gates of survival this one might be good for people looking for a more idle game, assuming that the inventory problem can be fixed.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-31 14:08:59 (edited by JasonBlaze 2018-01-31 14:11:14)

hi there
I could access my inventory just fine, NVDA+numpad divide to the help , and click it, and press down arrow.
actualy if you just hit sell without adjusting the box, you will sell all.
this game works best with mozzilla I believe, I tryed with crome, and well, wierd big_smile
and the captcha? , lol you just have to check the I am not a robot thing and done big_smile
you will get less less captcha if your skill level are high.

2018-01-31 14:35:45

with JAWS 15 and windows 7 and IE, no issues at all. I don't know what you're talking about with your problems. I can equip, do all the list areas just like I would anywhere else on virtually any other site, just click world map and then go to the top of the screen and down a little and you can get where you want to go. and then there's just a little button when you get to the locations you want to go to to do what you want. Also, most stuff when you do it appears near the top of the page, and navigating by lists and buttons can be particularly helpful.

I've played this game extensively.

Also, not sure if you should call it a clicker game. It is most definitely an idle game but not a clicker.

2018-01-31 14:56:21

Hmmm, this is very weird.
Mouse control got the inventory etc working, but even that seems pretty buggy and only work in some areas, I tried with chrome, and ie with nvda and with Supernova and Ie and no luck on either of them.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-01 01:26:16

If you are having trouble, the developer is pretty good at fixing stuff for you and others and has been very helpful for me, If you have issues ask him to help and He probably will.

2018-02-01 22:58:42

hello all.i too can't acess my inventory. under help and options i see > but can't press on that. i do something wrong, or this hm button in other place?

2018-02-02 08:03:57

I can access everything except the market to sell items. Clicking on the categories does nothing.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-02-02 09:46:07 (edited by goran 2018-02-02 09:46:44)

I can't access the game help & options either, but I think NVDA is the cause in my case, because NVDA+numpad devide doesnt move the mouse cursor to the object for some reason.

2018-02-02 12:47:26

I just about got the inventory to work by using numbpad devide but it's very fiddly indeed.
Maybe  we should contact the gm and suggest he add a setting to have either dropdown ocombo boxes or buttons instead.

2018-02-04 23:11:34

Hi!
This is one of my favorite game and ofcourse, there are 5 years, when I have started to played The reborn, but I don't play this game nowadays. So, this is something, like return.
I haven't issues, as You have mentioned It. But, yes, those clickable things are sometimes strange, but I'll deal with It.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-02-06 21:58:06

there are huge huge accessabillity isues here! i have been trying to get in contact with  the dev but no luck due to the help and options screan being cluttered with the newse item! 
1 the market the market displays as heading insted of clickable items so you can't click on the catagorys.  We also have a problem with the inv aswell which is where you do alot of stuff like have pets follow you  this is sad because alot of things like skilling up and combat are accessable and i doant think ti wood take mutch work to make the accessabillity changes and as a blind person i can not finda way to subbmit support tickets myself   to give advice. alot of the quests and other things require you  use the inv and the market place so you  can not quest complete.   for example quest 5   there are anumber of blind players on there how ever so...  this game is deffinitly playable.  if you have people with sight to click small bits for  you. re pets some pets help you up skill faster.  as amatter  of fact they all help just with different skills.  i hope this is helpfull to soemone or atleest that hopfull the dev sees it?

2018-02-07 16:55:15

Moderation!

if indeed sighted assistance is required for this game, it's not accessible and so I'm moving this topic out of new releases, I'll move back if someone is able to contact the dev and get propper links etc added for the inaccessible parts.

2018-02-07 17:02:32

hmm, market place works just fine for me

2018-02-07 17:33:25 (edited by bookrage 2018-02-07 17:43:06)

I don't know what is going on with you guys, it all works perfectly for me and I don't require sighted assistance at all.
edit:

went to check the game, it has changed dramatically in the past couple months for the worse, but it still works for me enough for me to play. I don't think what I'm gong through though now is worth it o see why it might have been moved. But try getting him in the chat and you can probably get stuff to him.

advice:

If you want to get in touch with the main guy, just talk to him on the chat channel. It usually isn't super-crowded and he's usually there and will get right with you.