2018-02-05 17:46:34

hello all,
I know that game of thrones is available on the blindmice with audio description. I was wandering though if there are other sources where I can get game of thrones with audio description? I would like to have the video with the audio and would like a high quality version of the audio too. I have the idea that mainly the voices sound a bit worse on the later seasons on blindmice.
thanks in advance.

With kind regards, Mslion

2018-02-05 19:15:05

As a visually impaired person, what would you want the video for?

2018-02-05 19:41:05

Hi.
Well, maybe he also wants to enjoy the video with the audio describtion for the parts he can not really see, or if he wants to watch the series together with sighted folks, would make sense than.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-02-05 20:50:25

@MSlion, in the Uk at least the dvds of game of thrones actually come with the audio description anyway, you can also get it if the series is being shown on tv and you've got your tv options set correctly.

I'm not sure about online streaming services I'm afraid, someone did say audio description wasn't available on netflicks but  I don't have net flicks myself I can't confirm.

hth.

@Orko, I personally love having both the audio description and video together. The video allows me to get what I can with the small amount of vision I do have, but the audio description insures that I don't miss details o get lost. If the audio description is there I can see the objects being described and know what they are without having to use logic and guesswork, indeed Ironically I am often able to appreciate the video more if I have the audio description along side.

Even for totally blind people, if your watching with someone else often they want the audio description too, so they know what your getting, indeed  I have a couple of fully sighted friends who always use the audio description after seeing audio described films with me, I even have one friend who always uses audio description now on his own because he says it lets him follow what's going on more easily big_smile.

I do these days do none visual stuff with just! the description with my lady, but my preference would always be to have both where possible.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-05 21:34:22

Hi.
Well, you sadly won't find GOT on netfliks because quite francly, netfliks and HBO, the producers of GOT have already stated that they would not cooperate and HBO series like GOT, westworld and so on will not be available on Netfliks anywhere, HBO published their own streaming service in the united states and the scandinavian cuntrys, in the  rest of europe, Sky got the rights for streaming HBO series.
If you want to stream the series, you can just use HBONow in the US, and HBO Baltic in scandinavia, you can also purchase the seasons from iTunes or Amazon, but I don't actually know if they have audio describtion or not.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-02-06 09:08:50

I don't know about other countries, but iTunes, at least here in australia only have audio description for movies, not for TV Shows.

I'm asuming it's because not all episodes of certain series are described.

That is why netflix, for some shows at least don't have all the episodes described.

Which is why I find myself, for netflix at least only watching movies or their original content.

2018-02-06 11:39:52

Hello all,
I myself live in the Netherlands and there it is very difficult to stream it. I indeed want the video so I can watch with sighted people. Are all seasons of game of thrones described on DVD in the UK and where can I buy them?
Does HBO offer audio description?

With kind regards, Mslion

2018-02-06 12:00:22

No Idea MSlion on whether hbo have audio described stuff as we don't get Hbo in the Uk.

The dvds though do all have audio description, or at least all of those that I've seen have, so if you get some dvds imported from Britain to The Netherlands I'm guessing they'd work  though I'm not making any promises since manifestly I've not seen every edition available, and before you go spending cash on dvd imports you probably want to check everything is okay.
heck the editions on dvd in the netherlands might have audio description, though since it is a different region I am not sure.

You could try the Uk audio description association:
http://audiodescription.co.uk/

Since they might be likely to give you some advice.

hth.

sorry I don't know more about this or which are available where, I just know when I've seen it on dvd (and on sky tv), it has indeed had audio description.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-07 08:46:57

Hi.
No, HBO do not have audio description.
@Dark: I'm surprised to hear that the dvd's have audio description, at leased when you buy it in the UK. Is the audio description mentioned on the dvd box? I have searched in the danish shops for years, but none of the dvd's have the audio description label.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-07 17:02:19

I'm afraid I don't know about what it says on the box Slj.

We discovered it because my brother had the series on dvd, usually when  we watch things together he describes for me, but he always checks the options to see if there is audio description and game of thrones had it.

Likewise, when they showed the series on sky tv, we obviously have the tv set to receive audio description when it's there which is how we found it.

I actually need to get it on dvd myself, particularly since I've only seen up to series four, though I might wait until I'm finished with Buffy/angel.

2018-02-07 18:58:20

Hey all.
I'll go a bit off topic here, dark, since you mentioned buffy/angel, do you know where can I find them with audio description?
Thanks.

2018-02-07 21:42:42

I'm afraid not ryok.
Unlike Game of thrones there is no description on their dvds.
What I usually do is watch an episode and get the script from www.buffyworld.com and read that, sometimes I even pause the episode mid way through to read a bit of the script if I want to know what's happening in an action sequence, (the episode Hush would've been nearly unwatchable without).

it's not like having audio description, but it still works.

hth.

2018-02-08 06:44:44 (edited by grryfindore 2018-02-08 06:45:29)

Hi,
I for one would like to get my hands on GOT with AD and video, to be able to share it around with my friends who are interested in how ADV actually works, or to put it better, experience it for themselves, but with video so that they get to use those eyeballs along with ears big_smile
DVDRIPS,anyone?
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-02-17 13:52:15

Just saw this, Thanks dark, I'll probably start watching these two shows soon.

2018-02-17 14:39:31

@Dark:
That is really nice, that you have GoT with Audio Description in the UK. I always wanted to start that show. I guess, I will go for the english version then. Do you know by any chance, if the Blurays have them too? And do you know, if the Audio Description is available in 5.1?

2018-02-17 19:00:38

Hi,
I found a 67 disc box set on amazon uk dvd for £73 which is seasons 1 to 7, but no mention of audio description, however there might be a chance that the description will be included because a lot of the season dvd bundles are just that, bundles of past dvds. I will have a look and see if the individual seasons have it in the description, however those will be more expensive in the longrun costing you £20 each, so instead of paying £73 for all 7 seasons, you will be paying a total of at least £120 in the longrun if you start buying individual seasons. Plus not to mention season 8 is coming in 2019 which will be the final season.

2018-02-17 21:44:49

Hi.
Something I've noticed, is that if there are shows with audio description on streaming services, or others, they won't tell you about it, like audio description is a dirty little secret or something lol!
I have noticed that iTunes only has audio description for movies only, never TV shows which is really strange. For example they have audio description for the simpsons, but only on TV or on the movie vault, but never on iTunes.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order