2018-01-31 09:51:37

Okay this is certainly not a new release, though it hasn't had a topic in this part of the forum before.

It's a real old classic which I checked out, and was shocked to find is now in trouble of closing (it nearly closed permanently last year, but the gm has found a way to keep it going).
warriors 2 is in some ways similar to Kingdom of Loathing or metroplexity, in that you have daily turns, however in others it's a very different game.

Navigate around kingdoms doing adventures, of which you get a hell of a lot, engaging in battles, doing quests, and finding a lot of random items, indeed the random generation in this one is extremely nice  companions to weapons to locations.

there used to be some odd things which happened with navigation, but I tried in chrome and everything is perfect.

The game has a huge amount of free content, but if you pay (for subscriber days you get a massive amount more, in terms of tokens, game days and all sorts of other things, also the signup is amazingly cheap.
What is especially cool is that you can play as different races and when finishing a remort, can go back and try another race, then summon your previous character to help you out.
There are also dungeons (rather large and quite difficult ones with a grid system), crafting, secrets and a lot of other things.

The writing can be a little wonky because the developer is Sweedish, but the game itself more than lives up to things.

For more see The warriors 2 page here and Sing up here, and yes this is my referal link, though since it gives bennifits both to me and to whoever signs up it's in people's interest to give it a go

Hope people like this game, and also i hope we can do something to show the developer there are still people interested enough to play.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-31 10:51:24

Hi,

@dark

will signup via your link in a minute.

I tried it a few years back, but then dropped it ... sad

See you around in the kingdoms smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-01-31 12:10:19

Ahh yes, Swedes are awesome. big_smile

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-01-31 12:30:01

wo, sounds nice,
you sure this is not pay to advance kind of game, right? smile

2018-01-31 12:56:03

Yes it is because you run out of turns stupidly fast.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-01-31 15:16:21

Funny Connor I never found that with turns, but even if you do need to pay for the game, the amount you need to pay is ridiculously low and the number of turns you get stupidly high when you have subscriber days, ----  like about several thousand!

I can't recall how much supporter time costs since  prices are in tokens, but if I remember correctly it's not much at all, e.g it works out at around 15  for a year.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-02-02 01:23:05

Huh, is something off with Paypal today, or is the paypal window for Warriors2 down?  Tried to donate to see if it can be kept alive for a bit longer, but I keep getting an error page and to try later.

2018-02-02 04:23:33

didn't know this game was still going. I played it a few years back and was kind of hooked on it although the dungeons can be really fiddly because they do actually have a graphical map on the screen as you open up different passages but playing with a screen reader unless you have an amazing memory you have to kind of map it on a spread sheet.

there are a lot of puzzles and things to work out and unlock and it's great fun. just don't do what I did and get hooked in to buying extra credits to get special items and stuff or you'll lose a lot of money very fast unless the way they run it has changed a lot since.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-02-02 12:46:03

The dungeons are just about  possible now that the dev has added coordinates, but it's not easy, actually  have only completed a couple of them which is a shame, still the dungeons  only take up a bit of the game.

2018-02-05 16:16:17

i payed the paypal link is working again  i started that idle game to and the dev needs to  dame some accessabillity changes but i think they will actually do so with an influx of playsers so far i am addicted to adventuring i havent discovered dongens yet and attackinge verything what ever you do doant reliece the wolf in a trap in the forest if youw ant to be good! lol