2018-02-04 22:54:12 (edited by brian.kurosawa 2019-06-24 04:18:32)

When i was a child, i used to watch my older systers play great classic horror titles on the playstation 1, mainly Resident evil. I always wanted to play it too, but independently. As time passed, i begun to like this kind of game and searched for horror games on youtube. With it i knew RPG Maker and a lot of awesome indie titles. So the idea of bringing us those kind of games started when i learned basic programming consepts. Now i proudly present to everyone from audiogames.net my new game, Darkened chain, in it's full state! I would like to take the oportunity to thank everyone who helped me through a long journey full learning on this first serious project i've made so far, with my own code: Haramir, Adrieli, THGGamer and Gabriel Carlos, your guys are awesome! I hope your guys have fun with this litle project i've made. To play it in english you will need to download both the game and the language file. Here are the links:
Game: http://www.blindgameplay.com/Games/Darkened_chain.zip
Language file: http://www.blindgameplay.com/Games/Language.dat
On Darkened chain, you must escape from a house you've awaken. But, you don't know what happened. To reach your main goal, you must explore and solve puzzles to find a way out, if there's one.
Any feedback will be appreciated and sorry my bad english.
Want to translate the game? Below are the instructions.
You create a language.txt file and add the translation as follows: <original sentence>=<translated one>. When you run the game, will be created a .dat file as well. When releasing your final work, just send the .dat file to me if you want the translation file included on our next update with multi language suport via pm along the name to be quoted on the credits. Each time you update your txt file, you must delete the dat file and run the game again so things will be replaced.

2018-02-04 23:00:09 (edited by Haramir 2018-02-04 23:02:51)

Yay! It is finally done dude! After all we've been through to see it become a reality. I honestly hope everyone can enjoy playing it as much as we enjoy anouncing this great day for our small team. "To infinity, and beyond!"
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-02-05 00:07:23

Ah and a thing i forgot to mention: after completing a chapter, you have to click again in new game and a new one will be available.

2018-02-05 00:12:57

I can't seem to get this to download, do I need to sign up for an account to get it?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-02-05 00:45:00

Would it be pocible to upload the file to another server? I wasn't able to download neiter of the files.

2018-02-05 01:38:34 (edited by brian.kurosawa 2018-02-05 09:45:25)

Sure!

2018-02-05 02:06:27

where do i find the exe file in the folder? How do I unflagg it from windows defender?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-02-05 02:10:09

Hello folks. The exe is called game.exe and it should be inside the folder. Regarding windows defender, you may add the game's folder as an exception. This should solve the problem.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-02-05 03:44:22

I appear to be stuck.

Spoilers:
I am currently on chapter 1. I've unlocked every door I can find apart for the one east of the living room. I have the plunger and ripped diary page which for some reason I can't seem to read. I used a candle on the dressing table in the bedroom with the music box and that freed me and I also avoided a ghost once. I can't seem to progress the game any further though.
end spoilers

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-02-05 05:02:40

If it's not to much, would you mind posting the game details in your first post too? It sounds interesting enoughh, given your ideas arrived from re/entombed. But a little something to let people know what it's truly about wouldn't hurt, right?:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-02-05 05:36:12

Hi there, I want to say that this is a well written game! I’m really enjoying it so far. I am on the second episode called mysterious house. It is very good! I wonder how many episodes there are? Also I’m wondering if we might get weapons of any kind to be able to kill any kind of enemy that we come across? Kind of like resident evil was like.

2018-02-05 06:21:36

well I finished the game, but, I wanna report some problem about the translation on last chapter dialogue and some object in basement area wich is entrance to basement not fully translated, please correct it

2018-02-05 06:56:09

Downloading :3

And Brian, a small question. The game finally was done in  RPG macker? and RPG macker is accessible?

I ask that, because RPGM is a very good tool for make prototypes for a lot of game concepts. Well thanks for all! checking the game!

2018-02-05 07:14:03

stewie wrote:

I appear to be stuck.

Spoilers:
I am currently on chapter 1. I've unlocked every door I can find apart for the one east of the living room. I have the plunger and ripped diary page which for some reason I can't seem to read. I used a candle on the dressing table in the bedroom with the music box and that freed me and I also avoided a ghost once. I can't seem to progress the game any further though.
end spoilers

Have you open the door in south of leaving room, and open closet in bedroom on west to get key use in table wiht phone on leaving room?

2018-02-05 08:06:26

btw I wanna ask, actualy how to get password to open safe on closet, I found it suddently, is it on music books? And ya once again please correct translation in dialogue on last chapter and translation when wanna enter and exit basement

2018-02-05 09:43:55 (edited by brian.kurosawa 2018-02-05 09:44:15)

Well i hope it fix the problems you're facing with the translation. I'll update the first post's link as well. https://www.sendspace.com/file/qj5q3w
And i just mentioned the rpg maker tool. I don't think it is accessible.

2018-02-05 10:26:41 (edited by JasonBlaze 2018-02-05 12:07:58)

any other hints for closet in the west room? , not sure how to solve it
edit!: never mine! big_smile

2018-02-05 10:31:57

hello all i'm in chapter 2 how i can find the living room for keys?

2018-02-05 11:33:31

the living room is the room where you start the chapter big_smile

2018-02-05 11:38:30

where i can find a key?

2018-02-05 12:08:55

try to interact with one of the object smile

2018-02-05 12:14:48

<grumble>
ugh When do you audio game developers learn to  include game details in post 1? possibly never at this point
</grumble>

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-02-05 16:09:31

hi, i can not download the language but i can get the game file! did you change the link? i was a rez evel fan to

2018-02-05 17:13:20

I don't know, i tried here and it worked fine. Try again downloading and if it doesn't works, send me a pm and i'll send you by email.

2018-02-05 17:14:49

@22 so this is the kind of game you must figure things out, by reading the story. But if you want, i can send you a pm with the whole story so you doesn't need to play it.