2018-01-31 14:10:04

since the subject says games and not audio games.
Games are mostly cracked because:
denuvo
DLC
loot boxes
dlc
more dlc
more dlc
season passes
dlc

Oh did i say that  some  games are sold for $60
on steam that come with just a backbone and with  huge bugs, then the developers cost $200-300 for dlc content that you have to have to be able to enjoy and compete in them?

Those who bought Street fighter V for $60 back in 2015 know what i'm talking about.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-01-31 15:07:27

This is wayyyy off topic. The Turkish government is waging a military op against the PYD, which threaten our national security, borders and the lives of Turkish citizens. This 100% justifies the operation. And the US is providing weapons to this terrorist organization under the pretense of fighting isis.  And lets not forget the many military coups, and dictatorship the US directly influenced. While the US didn't commit some of the terrible acts in the world, it wasn't from lack of trying, and we could say that many of them were.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-31 15:22:38

I can justify murder. I have a niece, she's 2 now, but say in a few years I find out she's been molested by someone, or had something else happen to her by another person that harmed, traumatized her, etc. I would wipe that person from the face of the earth and be mostly OK with it. I would say mostly OK because taking a human life is not a light matter, and it would weigh on me, but I would do it. Justifying stealing also for survival as previous posters have said. Though I do believe in the balance of things, call it karma if you need to put a label on it, and if you eve got in a point of your life where you weren't struggling every day, you should pay those people back. Same with text books, if you used the pirated materials to their fullest, they helped you get a degree, and because of that degree, you now have a job, if you believe at all in morality and doing the right thing, you should buy a copy of those books. Maybe take it a step further, buy them and donate them to your university or some other people in need.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-31 15:26:04

Okay....for the whole meddling thing...it's absolutely plausible the US can influence whoever they want to do what they want. Look at the declassified government files. Read up on their history. HOWEVER...the US wasn't/isn't the only country pulling this, Russia, China, the UK, France, Germany, you name a manjor world power, I'll sit here and list what they've done that's at the very least questionable...however the US is streets and leagues ahead in this. Consider Operation Northwoods. A plan to false flag attack US citizens and blame it on Cuba. Or how the US tries to influence other nations both secretly and out in the open. Hell if it wasn't for Snowden we wouldn't know about the Echelon and NSA monitoring stuff, a system GCHQ in the UK was involved with too.

Also for the Turkey thing, here's the problem. Turks in Europe have a really...depending on where you are, shitty reputation as menacing criminals in certain areas, there's some countries who want to kick them all out and send them all back to Turkey or at least get them out of their countries which I understand to a point. Turkey may claim the US is arming 'terrorists' and it wouldn't be the first time, but Turkey has a history of incursions and at least to the wider world, unjustified invasions, Cyprus springs to mind and the Famagusta situation for one.

@151: You need to buy the submit button DLC to post your opinions from now on in this topic. No, really, that's the level of bullshit gaming as a whole is getting towards. Problem is....games are now a service. You don't own that game you paid $760 and up for. You rent it, you lease it. You have to use the provided DRM to play it, Steam, Uplay etc, and if you don't have internet...yeah no, game for you....then they go add on heaps of DLC and wonder why people are either a) lapping it up or b) bitching about it.

There is  alot of criticism of games as a service but the big publishers are certainly for games as a whole going this way. EA for instance, annual releases, shutting off servers for older games for online, only doing X patches, and oh yeah their now thankfully scrapped online boxes.

Hrm....oh look a lootbox with the chance to win a submit button....I got a preview post button instead.

Seriously. I almost hope on the one hand big publishers stay the fuck away from audiogames, the last thing people need are $660 games that have $600 of DLC on day one with it and of that $600 you then need another $300 to play online and get the true ending....but if EA like the audiogames community enough they may well pull that trick. It wouldn't amaze me any more really.

Also, Denuvo....lol, barely anyone uses that since it gts cracked so easily now, which is both hilariously awkward and actually a talking point when the games don't use it.

Speaking of, I forgot which game it is, I want to say Ryme but the dev for that actually took out the DRM and released it DRM free if I recall right after everyone complained bout the DRM. Agai I'm all for less obtrusive simpler DRM, As much as I used no-CD patches on games (and in one specific case it's actually recommended by the devs)....I'm glad CD checks existed, though admittedly it beats opening up a manual or looking up a reference card or whatever....I just don't like the modern always online always have to be connected to the internet to play The Crew Creed Division Cell Cry 9000 really....it sucks. EA's absolutely no better mind....last good EA game I enjoyed was......the original Mirror's Edge. I bought that, the disc was scratched when it came in the mail so, I got an ISO image and used that with the serial I'd got with the actual game to use it, then once installed I applied a no-CD patch. Simpler times really...though the Mirror's Edge Sequel....no, no no.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2018-01-31 15:30:37

Also for the stealing for survival argument, I forgot where exactly it was but there's a fascinating series of things about the Bosnian and Croatian wars for independence and how people do what it takes to survive. This is actually something the game This War of Mine uses to good effect, moral dilemmas, do you steal the food from a store and stay alive or leave it and go hungry and possibly get sick, then if you do steal it and you get caught do you fight your way out or give up the food to escape.
Also, Iron, no...that's not a blanket justification really. If it was self defense, fine, if it was mitigating circumstances, maybe but just killing him in cold blood....that's something you'd get hauled up on charges for...even if you got acquitted for it. It's absolutely understandable why you'd do it, but....the law wouldn't exactly look kindly on you really.

Also on Linux natively

2018-01-31 16:32:46

Sooooooo!
Now we've crossed into the line of conviction where nmorality is concerned, and here again we're going to have to understand the concept of subjectivity.  Under most circumstances it would be less than ideal to us all if you steal a bunch of nuclear codes, but say you were stealing them to keep them out of the hands of someone you knew could do and would do a ton of damage with them if they got their hands on them; here is where we get into a controversial subject concerning one's conscience and personal reflection.  At the end of the day you alone can decide what's right or not right for you personally; my job as a moderator does not include that description... I can't tell you what to do anywhere else in life, and I'm not going to try.  Post 149 makes a clear cut case of where we could find a convincing enough reason to take someone else's life, to save a ton of others in the process; I'm not personally sold on it, but there are those who are convinced that the best way to stop a killer is to be a killer, rather than letting the justice system take care of it.  fine!  Even I understand that I've never been faced with such a horrible situation and the prospect of having to make such a decision; would I be able to stand behind what I just said if I had to weigh the life of one person who has been able to commit a ton of attrocities against thousands of innocent ones?  the answer is, more than likely, not.
Post 153 however, shows the real reason behind why such an option is so deliberated over in the cort room; it's not as easy as it sounds, killing.  You're not just pulling a trigger or pushing a button or poking into an arm with a needle full of medication.  You are, in fact, wiping out a life much like your own, with fine intricacies that not even you or the person in question who's life you're taking can even begin to comprehend, a life which to some degree has just impacted yours and, by ending it, will soon dictate something about who you are, much as you may think it doesn't.
I've heard it said that the hero of one nation can easily be defined as the terrorist of another, particularly if the other nation is its opponent.  One man's psychotic is another mans' visionary, one man's trash another's treasure.  the fact is that there is much that can be speculated upon and pondered until the end of time, even if we can agree on absolutes.  I just got done saying that my job as a moderator does not involve me getting involved in your personal life.  What it does involve, however, is me doing my best to take care of the community as a whole, and where piracy encouragement is concerned... I cannot allow it.  It's easy enough to start a riot on a crowded street, easy enough to influence someone you meet, easy enough to have a ton of impact with written words, a greater one than you may think yourself capable of.  if I allow you to encourage others to pirate software because it belongs to huge corporations according to copyright law, where will you stop?  What makes an audiogame more or less important?  What determines the overall criteria you follow?  if quality, what makes your version of it any greater than mine?  if I find AHC worth buying and you don't, does that mean you should be able to crack it?
No, here again there has to be a point of reference, and I think most everyone seems to understand  that the point of reference is the general benefit to humanity as a whole versus a select few.  On the one extreme corporations benefit themselves; on the other many if not most pirates seek to do the same.  there are plenty of you, I am glad to say, who understand that our job as a community is to try and find the balance between both camps, a hard job to do, but we do it anyway, in place of letting our anger manifest itself into wrongs we will never be able to erase from the world, and more importantly, from our minds!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-31 17:58:15

I should have been clearer, I meant justify it to myself, I know there is no getting around the law, and should such a hypothetical situation become reality, I'd be put away, maybe I'd get a deal for mitigating circumstances, maybe not.
I hope I am never faced with a situation that puts me in a position where I would either be forced to take a human life to defend myself or my family, or be placed in a moral dilemma such as that one. It was just a hypothetical tool to illustrate the point that even morality has its gray areas. I think the true evil in this world, the pedophiles, the serial killers, rapists, and so forth, those people are not immoral, they are amoral, the difference being the complete and utter lack of any moral code binding on them.

Anyway, that got dark, and I tend to have a knack for that, so I'll just end that here and hope things can get a bit cheerier.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-02 13:42:16

it's funny how jade says that a screen reader is a need and not a want. sorry but i think that people based of your argument which you're now posting against need to be removed from this comunity for the screen reader's company's sake and cuz they are a danger to screen reader market.
sorry friend, but tthere are plenty free screen readers out today and jaws isn't that much expensiev anymore+ if you live in US you can have a supscription where you pay a monthly fee for the jaws licence.
and as regarding moderators. it's funny how they are qwick to give warnings when someone says that kracking of audiogames is ok but yet this guy in the off topic room today who requested a free copy of the volcaliser sapi voices doesn't get any warnings or anything.
with all respect but i don't feel that the mods are doing their job right according to the rules. eather you warn everyone who kracks and supports kracking of screen readers etc or you don't warn anyone. or edit the rules.
@enes, you bring up many good points man regarding the stealing arguments etc.
although as i've stated before. as long as audiogames are word games, math games etc or waaaaay overpriced according to what's in the game content i don't see people not kracking them.
let's take crazy party for example. that game should be payed for since it's such an awesome game that is being activly developed and contains so much content+ it has replay value but as for let's say brainstation which is coming soon. why should that be payed. you're likely to play until you complet all achevments then you're done with it, that's a game that belonged to the 90's. not to say that it isn't good, it most certainly has good games, but it's not something that shouldn't be payed for because, one, it doesn't have any goals accept completieng achevements and 2, it doesn't realy offer much when you're done with your singel goal.
instead, if everyone started working on game content, for example storries to our rpg's, more to do for our fps games which btw aren't games that even deserves to be called fps's accept swamp.
we need more games like bk3, ahc, crazy party and code 7. not boring games that people throw up in a matter of 5 months.
i know this is a long post. and sorry for my typing. i'm not on a good keyboard right now.

2018-02-02 14:57:28

Ceeto, I'm agreeing here. A screenreader is not a need, it's a want. Access to a computer is not a birthrightt you get automatically. I'd even go so far as to argue that Jaws is overpriced even in developed nations, and when you factor in currency rates you may well be looking at 3 or 4 times the USD price. In that instance, I can fully understand why people crack that bit of software.

Here's the issue though.....It's still expensive, it's still not something somebody can easily afford. Okay, yes, if you're living at home with your parents and eating their food, using their power and so forth like a lot of blind people are, but if you have a house, bills to pay, mortgages, taxes in some parts of the world, that eats into your money in a big way and suddenly that $1000+ USD is out of reach because of let's say having to wait on your partner to get paid at work, or having to pay for medical insurance in areas without free healthcare, or raising kids, or even having to buy accessible tech, there's a billion and one things that eat into that money. Not to mention your partner has their own life to live, you don't get all of their paycheck every week or two weeks or month or however long it is between checks. Point iss.....well....once you step into the real world and out of your parents house, and out of the oh you get this, this, this, this, this and this blind services mentality and parents providing for you mentality....you don't have the money to get what you want.

Also, for the overpriced argument.....yes, but...that can apply to gaming as a whole. Go back 30+ yers for gaming as a whole, you had simple graphics, you had text adventures, the Atari 2600. Audiogaming isn't even at that stage yet., it's still in the mid/late 70s for design, yes, you had Space Invaders, but you had a ton of awful games around that time, and nobody remembers the failures.

Also to touch on the want/need argument AGAIN. Where do you draw the line between want and need? Jaws can absolutely, to use that as an example, fall under a want, not a need because there's competition out there, but I think think peer presssure plays a role, the oh Jaws fans are hostile to me if I don't use Jaws so I have to get it to get them to stop bashing on me, argument is certainly valid and has been shown time and again with petty fights over which screnreader is better.

Also yeah that point about warnings backs up what I was saying earlier and the rules don't specifically target audiogames. It's ANY warez/cracks. Which means, yo, asking for a cracked or free version of that is against the rules, but no....it gets a free pass because it's not an audiogame. Once again, mods, either enforce that rule across the board as written to apply to all cracks, serials, warez (now that's a term that's fallen out of use). Problem is you can't turn a blind eye to cracking of mainstream software and stuff like Eloquence as that's still opening the forum up to hot water.

Also on Linux natively

2018-02-02 15:00:39

sito wrote:

although as i've stated before. as long as audiogames are word games, math games etc or waaaaay overpriced according to what's in the game content i don't see people not kracking them.
let's take crazy party for example. that game should be payed for since it's such an awesome game that is being activly developed and contains so much content+ it has replay value but as for let's say brainstation which is coming soon. why should that be payed. you're likely to play until you complet all achevments then you're done with it, that's a game that belonged to the 90's. not to say that it isn't good, it most certainly has good games, but it's not something that shouldn't be payed for because, one, it doesn't have any goals accept completieng achevements and 2, it doesn't realy offer much when you're done with your singel goal.

So then I guess since even though I'm spending several hundred hours of my own time plus my own money to pay for sounds and music to provide everyone with a good experience, the game shouldn't cost money because it doesn't meet up to someone's perceived standards of what is worth paying for?
So because I am not making a fully immersive RPG, and instead am making a collection of word and puzzle games with a lot of replay value they should not be payed for? I'm sorry. Am I reading this previous post correctly?
So it's wrong for me to want to be compensated for my time and effort to create games for this community because these games do not measure up to someone's arbitrary standards?

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-02-02 15:54:39

I'm afraid that is what he's saying. @Sito, you're not in a position to, might I remind you that you are in no position to tell Liam, or any dev for that matter, what should and shouldn't be paid for. What matters is that in this case, Liam is getting compensated for the hours and months spent coding the game and making it for us. This isn't your average word game as you suggest. It's a collection of games, often with an arcade-ish approach, as well as gaining achievements. The game has the highest number of achievements in audio-gaming history, 166 I believe? So Sito, if you get your hands on the game, through buying it I hope, be prepared to eat your words.
Regarding Jaws being a want or need. For some instances, it could actually be a need. Some businesses and corporations are bent on using oddball proprietary business software, I'm not just talking Cytrix here. Make no mistake about it there is actually a lot of in-house Jaws scripting for this software, stuff that doesn't go out in the open. There sure as hell could be nvda addons for them, but until there's either a sudden mass increase in nvda usage across the board, or until someone finally sue Vfo's ass for acquiring and killing off all these other products as what was done to Microsoft for their anticompetition efforts, the corporate mindset is stuck on Jaws. And if there's no level of convincing that you can do to convince your business to allow you to use NVDA, you're stuck buying Jaws if the business doesn't do it for you. And it's not like one can just look for employment elsewhere either. So keep that in mind before you go all black and white and say that a screenreader is a 100% want.

2018-02-02 16:04:15

@Ceeto and JaceK

I would have to argue that, depending on one's situation, a screne reader can very much be a need. The world is moving more and more toward relying heavily on technology. I say depending on one's situation, because there are blind and VI people who can get along just fine doing things without technology such as travelling to a bank to do their banking instead of making use of online banking. A screen reader is absolutely essential if a blind person is going to make use of technology in today's world. The nice thing now is that a paid screen reader isn't absolutely essential since NVDA is a thing.

@Ceeto

I imagine one big reason why Crazy party is free is due to the fact that it uses copyrighted sounds and music. As far as I know, every bit of sound and music used in that game is owned by Nintendo. Making a free game with copyrighted sounds and music is already walking a fine line. Making a paid game with copyrighted sounds and music that you don't have the legal right to use is way over that line.

Liam bought the licence to use the sounds and possibly music he uses, so not only is he putting his own time into making Brain Station and any other games, he's investing money as well. He could very well release a game with no sounds or hardly any sounds and put it up for free, but he wants to make a quality product. Even if he didn't use sounds, I imagine writing all those puzzles and games is a bit of a pain in the neck. It's okay to have the opinion that games like that aren't worth payign for, but it's important to choose your words carefully when expressing that opinion. Liam's post made him sound pretty discouraged.

2018-02-02 17:57:01

162: I haven't rendered an opinion, but , am only asking for clarification from the original poster if to that is how they feel. If the original poster doesn't want to purchase it is their business, but to make a blanket statement like that only reenforces stereotypes this community needs to really dispell.

2018-02-02 18:02:41

Hello,
@cito, I'm sorry to say that man but you should really have used better words. Brainstation appears to be a very good word game and, for the people who like this sort of game, its sertainly worth the payment.
What games are and aren't worth it are only subjective: It all depends on what sort of game we like. I think audiogames, for being a small market, are doing well, all things considered.
As for the jaws being a want or need, for me, screenreaders in general are a need. Technology itself, in today's society, is a need.
Without it, people won't be able to do a lot of things that are vital for their well-being and to have a good life, in general.

2018-02-02 18:31:02

@liam i wasn't talking about brainstation in partikular. i was mainly trying to bring up a general example so that people see what i'm talking about. so no, i'm not talking about brainstation in partikular. in fact i've tried the alpha and listened to your stream when you demonstrated it and it has potential. with many good games and such.
if i can afford it by the time you release the game i might very wel buy it.
so no, i wasn't talking about brainstation. there are many games out there that tries something like brainstation and fails it horribly because the dev is not working on it hard enough and throws it out after 2 months.
let's take something else as an example that isn't payed but still ilistrates whati mean.
let's take the blackjack game as an example. there are a tunn of those out and there are many on the db.
why make so many blackjack games that others have done and doesn't really take much time to develop rather than spending some time on making a game that has much content to offer and has a wel thought out consept?

@drack these days, a screen reader isn't a need, it's a want consider how much free screen readers that are out there, NVDA and narator for example.
+jaws doesn't cost 1000 bux. i think it's 200 or 300 dollars for a sma licence then 120 dollars to upgrade. btw if you live in US you can pay monhly fees for your licence for 12 months

2018-02-02 18:38:13

Reason for reinventing the wheel is to sharpen one's coding skills. I made a blackjack game for the soul purpose of building something I had never tried before.

2018-02-02 19:27:24

And it's their calling if they want to release it publicly, and if they do, then great. Part of the fun for new devs is the satisfaction that they made something of their own. Blackjack is, at its core, actually a pretty involved project as far as coding is concerned. For a new dev at least. @Sito I will reinforce that some businesses are hell-bent on using Jaws. Do I advocate that? Well, not really considering the proprietary nature, but am I going to immediately up and leave if, let's say everything else was fin - the pay was good, it was close to home, stuff like that? No. In that case, Jaws would be a situational need if I wanted to keep the job I got. You're right, there are a lot more options out there now, and nvda can accomplish just about anything that Jaws can, and then some. But if a business is stuck in the past, and they're not willing to change, there comes a time where you have to bite the bullet and take it for what it is. There's a gag I heard on Twitter that actually rings true, and it's a perfect example of some of these situations.
"America is thinking of getting rid of pennies because *they hate change.* But they always decide against it because, *they hate change.*
Read that until you understand what I mean, and then that'll make sense.

2018-02-02 19:55:21

@Liam,
I hope you understand that this is a view we are in fact, trying to dispell.  I was hoping the AHC contest would shocase that a bit, that the upcoming contest for brainstation would also do a bit of that, and perhaps doing a few more giveaways in the not too distant future, whether that means giving out titles of old games people donh't already ahve but do want, or simply waiting for more paid titles I do not know.
Regardless, it hasn't been an easy task.  As you yourself can clearly see, there will always be bad apples.  the most we can do for you from a moderation standpoint is what we're doing now to try to show our appreciation, that your work is no triviality, and that we do believe in marching forward.  If you have any further ideas, suggestions or concerns you wish to voice do believe as much as you can, that we're listening with open ears and minds.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-02-02 20:30:02

then i hope the moderators will carefully consider the post i've written about and eather start warn/ban everyone who supports any form of kracking, asks for free products or simply edit the rules so that only audiogames shouldn't be kracked but that everything else  is fine to talk about openly on the forum.
thank you for taking your time to read my posts. now i just hope you don't dismiss it right away

2018-02-02 20:54:11

@sito, just because someone asks for a free copy of something doesn't necessarily mean they are looking for a crack.  Had the poster you are refering to asked for a crack, I would have warned him for a first offense, or banned him if it was his second.  Case closed!

2018-02-02 21:52:06

@sito Here's 1 other thing you got to keep in mind too. A month or 2 ago, someone asked for a crack for the VW voices, and @Nocturnus gave them a warning for it. So yes, they do warn about cracking things other than audio games.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-02-02 21:53:49

Thank you@shotgunshell, always nice to know others are watching and paying attention to what I'm doing and do back me up when necessary.

2018-02-02 22:31:48

I'd also like to pipe in:
@cito, your not making sense in any of your posts. Allow me to elaborate:
In post 158, you say: "although as i've stated before. as long as audiogames are word games, math games etc or waaaaay overpriced according to what's in the game content i don't see people not kracking them.
let's take crazy party for example. that game should be payed for since it's such an awesome game that is being activly developed and contains so much content+ it has replay value but as for let's say brainstation which is coming soon. why should that be payed. you're likely to play until you complet all achevments then you're done with it, that's a game that belonged to the 90's. not to say that it isn't good, it most certainly has good games, but it's not something that shouldn't be payed for because, one, it doesn't have any goals accept completieng achevements and 2, it doesn't realy offer much when you're done with your singel goal." In other words, you say:

1. If an audio game specifically falls into the category of a word, math, or other game that may have some educational value, people will crack them.

2. Crazy party should be paid because it "has a lot of replay value".

3. Brain Station should not be paid because it "doesn't have any replay value".

Then, in post 165, you state: "@liam i wasn't talking about brainstation in partikular. i was mainly trying to bring up a general example so that people see what i'm talking about. so no, i'm not talking about brainstation in partikular. in fact i've tried the alpha and listened to your stream when you demonstrated it and it has potential. with many good games and such." In other words, you are clearly refuting the fact that you were talking about Brain Station, and possibly refuting the fact that you didn't want it to be paid.
Finally, in post 169, you say: "then i hope the moderators will carefully consider the post i've written about and eather start warn/ban everyone who supports any form of kracking, asks for free products or simply edit the rules so that only audiogames shouldn't be kracked but that everything else  is fine to talk about openly on the forum."
Now, what is so wrong with all three of these posts? It's not only that they contravene each other but that none of them make sense. Let's see:

• You first state that certain games shouldn't be paid because they don't have replay value, according to you. In other words, you personally feel that Brain Station shouldn't be paid just because you think it doesn't have replay value, and you completely disregard the time, effort, and labor put into the games development.

• You then say that you were "only using brain station as an example". Clearly, you weren't; you were, in fact, making it quite clear that Liam's efforts are irrelevant to you.

• In post 169, you make it sound like you want cracking of audio games to be abjured but that you want discussion of cracking *anything else* to be perfectly fine.

This kind of attitude is exactly why this forum is lacking in audio game developers. This kind of attitude is exactly what is making the sited disregard us, though other factors play into that one as well. This kind of attitude is what put people off developing anything for this community. Those on this community such as JimmyDub, Cito, and, to an extent, Enes, who are willing to go to any length to get what they want for free, are the ones who need to be removed from the community, because they endanger this communities further empowerment and development. Now, I'm not saying that cracking should never, ever be done on anything; I am, however, saying that cracking audio games in particular should not be done unless you have a very, very, very good reason to do it. Cracking a program such as JAWS is understandable, though not acceptable; JAWS is ultimately overpriced, by anyone's standards, and the only people who are ever going to fork out that much cash are corporations who have billions of dollars of money just laying around, ready to be spent. In that kind of instance, where the product is priced so high as to be impossible to be purchased unless you have an income of well over $45000.00, I'd just switch to NVDA just to teach FS a lesson (though that obviously won't do it -- their blatant copying from NVDA and performing false advertisement clearly indicates that they need to be expelled from the market, though that's exactly what *not* will happen). Thing is, when you find products, like REAPER, Switch, GoldWave, etc., or games like AHC, Brain Station, Swamp, etc., that's where I do not support cracking at all. Games and programs like I have mentioned are certainly not unreasonably priced; far from it, in fact. GoldWave is a mere $40.00; REAPER is $60.00; AHC is $20.00... you get the gist. Anyone who has managed to either acquire a job, an income that they are able to depend upon and that gives them some breathing room, or SSI (or the equivalent in your country) is able to purchase all of these products with ease and still have money left over. Even if your country makes cracking legal, remember the saying: just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.
To prove my point, imagine this scenario: you started a garage sale and were pricing your items at quite a reasonable price. Perhaps you had an old TV set that used to cost over $500.00 but you were selling it for$50.00, so you were deliberately under-pricing items so that you could rake in more profit. Let's say you had 4-5 of these, to make it more realistic (like a true business would). In total, the total profit value of those would be between $2000.00 (if you had four) ad $2500.00 (if you had five). Let's say you had five, just because. So, you were selling all this unwanted stuff that was fairly priced. Suddenly, this guy just comes along and when no one's looking, they start palming everything they can get their hands on. They even take all those TV sets. And what's worse, they don't pay you for it like they should! They just leave off with the goods, never to return, and you've lost over $100.00 of profit. How would you feel? I know I'd be pissed off, that's for sure. What you crackers out there don't realize is that some of you *are adults*. As such, if you crack a game, and the developer finds out, they are perfectly within their rights to sue you for the money they lost because you did that, and while that's a very, very extreme/remote possibility, it's more likely if your cracking a game from an Indi developer than a corporation. And the reason of "I personally didn't want this game to be paid" or "I like cracking things" will not pass in the courtroom, believe me. That would just give the jury and judge more evidence against you. The alternative is, of course, the developer jacking up the price to regain lost income. So next time you guys want to crack an audio game that is not considered abandonware and the developer is actively working on it, think about what your doing before you do it. I know Liam might not sue you for the lost funds, but he'd most likely be put out that someone cracked his product and would probably stop developing for the community, but the possibility of him getting fed up and suing you anyway is there. What's worse is that if he, or any other active developer does do that, you'll be required to pay *all of it* back. And they can sue you for cracking other games too, thereby jacking up the amount you have to pay even further. What's even worse, of course, is that all of this goes on your permanent criminal record.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-02-02 23:18:31

Ethin, you are not a mod, and therefore, are not the dicisionmaker on who comes and goes here. Please stop attacking me in your posts.
I will respond to some points here, though not the ones I feel I have said everything that can be said.
On afordability, note that afordibility is subjective.  Ethin, you claim that everyone can easily aford 40, 60 dollar products if they work a job. You are generalizing the US to the entire world. In Turkey for instance, 1 dollar converts to around 3.75 Turkish lira, jacking up the price of that "reasonable"! 40 dollar product  to 110 turkish lira, which certainly is not a reasonable price in Turkey.
As for screen readers, unfortunatly, jaws can be a need in some circumstances.  When I was using spss in my research methods course, nvda would not work with it at all. This forced me to install jaws, which did work. Also, apparently, jaws is better at office support, while in my experience, nvda laggs terribly especially in microsoft word. To prevent this, nvaccess is switching to UIA in word, which also, apparently  improves performance significantly, but still has limitations.  So there are still situations, where jaws use may be still necesary. Seriously though, we as a community should support nvda to our best ability, so it can exceed jaws in all fronts, rendering jaws completely obsolete. If those who could, donated the amount they paid out of pocket to nvda, instead of the cash grabbing freedom scientific, nvda would have been  much more awsome.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-02-02 23:28:40

@enes, I was in no way acting like a "moderator". And while that may be true, JAWS is about 5606.25 in your currency -- which is truly unreasonable. 110 is only 1.9 percent of that. Compared to 5606.25, 110 is very, very reasonable.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github