2018-02-01 21:17:18

On January 20th, 2018, Nightshade and I, after reading through a topic concerning how hard it was for some individuals to get their hands on audiogames and software in general, as well as seeing other members of the community running some giveaways of their own, decided to start a small contest in which 5 participants would be gifted a copy of A Hero's Call, a recent title that has taken audiogames.net and the audiogaming community in general by storm!  Our financial situation not being the best, we were only able to drop a hundred dollars on this idea, else we would have willingly, even gladly done much, much more!  Little did we know that both moderators and members of the ag net community alike, would soon be stepping up to join us in a colaborative effort the likes of which has never been seen before in the audiogaming industry!  thanks to all of these factors, we are now able to give out 20, yes, 20 copies of what is quickly becoming many audiogamers' favorite game of all time, a title with much to offer, from intriguing quests, to tons of exploration and treasure collection, to fun characters you can meet, befriend and fight along side, and much, much more!
Today, the contests concludes with the 20 participants who have entered in their winning numbers in a guessing game where the objective was to be as close as possible to numbers we picked ahead of time, priar to any documentation of the guesses themselves.  IN total we had 44 contestants, 44 guesses and a load of fun finding out about many of them!  It helped us understand the community a little better and truly appreciate the value of what we were doing and yes, even have the potential to accomplish when we all pull together as was done in this case.

An important note before revealing the winners:

If your name and guess are on this list, please send me a PM with the subject line containing AHC.  the message should contain the email address you wish to have your copy of the game registered to; It is essential that we have this information in order to register your copy of the game; you will receive any further instructions and notifications regarding the registration to said email address as well.  I know it sounds stringent, but this process is necessary to keep anyone from wanting to claim they are you; a PM will show me your username which I will then compare against the guesses we have documented.   Do not email or reply to this topic with your information.   If you have any further questions, feel free to ask; we hope to get the game into your hands as soon as possible!  We are as eager for you to get it as you are to receive it!

and now, the winners!

1.  the first number picked was 9122; the closest guess is Juliantheaudiogamer with 10300.
2.  the second number picked was 31215; the closest guess is Hectoralaniz with 29999.
3.  the third number picked was 157; the closest guess is border1 with 144.
4.  The fourth number picked was 21615; the closest guess is scv with 21994.
5.  the fifth number picked was 3115; the closest guess is fatih with 3208.
6.  the sixth number picked was 2712; the closest guess is afsilva90 with 1990.
7.  the seventh number picked was 289; the closest guess is mohammed with 333.
8.  The eighth number picked was 777; the closest guess is karlitos with 750.
9.  the ninth number picked was 37102; the closest guess is josephweakland with 37000.
10.  the tenth number picked was 3815; the closest guess is techdog with 4379.
11.  The eleventh number picked was 4032; the closest guess is dash with 4625.
12.  The 12th number picked was 5524; the closest guess is tomas1333 with 5391.
13.  The 13th number picked was 176; the closest guess is darfvader with 123.
14.  The 14th number picked was 400; the closest guess is harison91 with 420.
15.  the 15th number picked was 7718; the closest guess is vablus with 6500.
16.  The 16th number picked was 8395; the closest guess is visualstudio with 4823.
17.  the 17th number picked was 5683; the closest guess is g-rad with 1337.
18.  THE 18TH NUMBER PICKED WAS 5477; THE CLOSEST GUESS IS firefly82 WITH 12835.
19.  The 19th number picked was 5437; the closest number is TheGreatCarver with 12905.
20.  the final number picked was 9464; the closest participant left out of all still included...
IS...
NO OTHER THAN...
Blindncool with 16358!
congratulations to you all!  Each one of you selected will soon be receiving a copy of AHC, free of charge on behalf of the ag net staff and other wonderful members who have generously donated to our cause, to keep the audiogaming industry alive and flourishing and to show Joseph and out of sight games that we truly value the product they've created, as well as to show you all that ag net values its forum members.  If it were up to me, I'd have donated a million dollars and everyone on here would be playing the game for free; as it stands I don't have a million.  I honestly owe the success of this contest to Dark and the other mods who chipped in as well as those who stood behind me all the while through financial and encouraging verbal contribution and support.  Nightshade and I have sincerely enjoyed doing this and look forward to doing it again!  thank you all for participating, and as always, happy gaming!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-02-01 21:21:45

congrats to all the winners.

2018-02-01 21:48:49

I must say, congradulations to everyone who has been given a copy, and I hope you have a lot of fun with a heros call! I've been on this forum for almost 7 years now, even if my post count may not sigify this smile , but still, I've never seen such a great effort made by the community to bring one game into the hands of so many people. Its amazing to see the first release of out of sight games enspiring this much generosity among the members. If I had less limited funds of my own, I probably would have donated for one or two aditional copies myself, but regardless, it was still great to watch the contest unfold. I am glad to say that farhaven welcomes our new heros. Go fourth in your adventures, and don't forget to drop by at samuel and susan's tavern for a drink when you're done!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-02-01 22:24:31

shweet

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-01 23:11:00

Update:
I really am an idiot and beg your apologies, especially if you've already sent an email with the requested information.  I'm really, really really sorry if I just made this a little harder on you, but I truly do have a good reason for this.  Rest assured that no one is making off with your copy of AHC or anything like that; I promise.  In fact, it's because I want to ensure that no one does such a thing that I'm doing what I'm doing right now.  Please re-read post 1 and disregard any priar instruction. Once again, I truly apologize for not thinking clearly on this front and am absolutely glad I was able to correct the issue before something seriously bad happened.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-02-01 23:24:34

Oh my gosh thank you.
Thank you soo much, I am happier as never on my life before, thaaaaaanks! big_smile big_smile
Thanks to all who donated to that contest. Thanks to all participants. Con gratulations to everybody who won. Thanks again!

Sorry for my english!
Thomas.

check my sounds on
freesound

2018-02-02 00:37:56

@Nocturnous: just a heads up, I still don't know if the pm feature actually tells you if you get any new messages or not.

2018-02-02 01:16:21

No, it doesn't, so I'm checking it like, every ten minutes, because at present, I have nothign else to do.

2018-02-02 03:39:04

Congratulations to everyone who won a copy! I hope you all have many hours of fun and enjoyment with the game.

2018-02-02 04:07:46

Hi Nocturnus,
I hope you received my PM?

2018-02-02 04:33:10

I am very excited to play this.     Congrats to all the other winners as well.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-02-02 04:49:16

Ahoy all

Congratulations to the people that won, and a huge thank you at the mods and other community members of ag.net who donated to the compitition, you truely are awesome and generous.

If AHC goes down for nothing else in audiogames history, it will certainly go down for this big_smile
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-02-02 06:30:00

Ok pm sent...

check my sounds on
freesound

2018-02-02 06:48:07

I'd just like to take a moment to write that it is absolutely heart warming to see so many people come together to donate this many game copies to people. I am a business start up and trying to become a reseller, and 1 thing I have learned during my ambition is that giving is the most important thing for a business to succeed. This community has done more than I ever could have, and I'm glad to see so many people do something this generous. Even though I bought the game myself, I would like to thank everyone who donated to help people get this game, we honestly need more people who are that kind.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-02-02 07:25:44

hi,
i've also sent the pm

2018-02-02 07:55:29

thanks all great to see something like that

2018-02-02 08:49:38

Hi.
Wow, congrats to all the winners.
I didn't know people could donate to this. What topic have I missed with this important information? I might be able to donate to this...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-02 12:17:11

Huge thanks to everyone who’s donated and made this as awesome as it is now. Also congrats to everyone else who won a copy. I also sent a PM, can’t wait to start playing.

2018-02-02 16:01:20

Firstly, I second everyone who has said that it is great to see the community come together to get the game into the hands of some people who otherwise couldn't afford it.
Slj, have a look at this original topic to see what that was about. That said, considering you said you had an interest in donating, if you want to start your own giveaway, or just want to give the game to some random individual, have at it.

2018-02-02 16:10:54

I sent my PM.  It's very much amazing,  and very inspiring, to see such a community band together like this to  make things possible for anyone who is willing to participate or be a true part of something.

Again, congrats to all the winners of the contest and I look forward to playing!

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-02-02 16:49:55

I have sent my PM.

I said this in my PM, but I am so thankful to Nocturnus, Nightshade, and all the others who contributed to this contest. Thank you very much for your generosity. I know that I, and many others, will definitely enjoy this game.

Again, thanks to all.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-02-02 18:26:12

I send you a PM. I hope that I make this correctly

2018-02-02 18:51:33

@Nocturnus: Did you receive my PM?

2018-02-02 20:15:45

Update:
I have received PM's from those who have sent them.  Nightshade and I have sent the money to out of sight games.  I fell asleep last night but not before sending out five of the 20 email addresses and am now just waiting for him to validate them.  Continue checking your email, as I will soon be sending out the rest of those I have at present and we should have you all up and running really soon.

2018-02-02 21:17:12

Update: 13 of 20 emails documented and sent.  I'm sure Joseph will get back to us as soon as he can.  We're still missing 7 of you.
@afsilva90, josephweakland, techdog, dash, harison91, vablus adn Blindncool have yet to submit their email addresses.  Everyone else has been catalogued