2018-01-30 17:39:25

Being that there is a few RPG's for the blind.
I thought I would ask for everyone's opinion on on what you think is the best RPG for the blind?
I have two picks they are Mannamon by vgstorm.com and A Hero's Call by outofsightgames.com.
The reason is because they are not buggy and they have great sounds, music, replay value.
They also bring back great memories of certain video games that I use to play when I had sight.
So what is your opinion?

2018-01-30 18:00:53

I love A Hero's Call.
However, if you are willing to try the Japanese games, I recommend those as well. Bokurano Daiboukenn 3 especially because of the way you can just buy a translation file for very cheap. It costs $5 and most thigns are fully translated. I tihnk there's the odd little bit that for some reason hasn't made it in but I think Yukio's going to fix those. It's amazing though. Shadow Rine is not fully translated but if you are willing to  try, I recommend that as well. Then, for another option, there's the text-based Japanese games like tia story and such, and those are also big, but with such a small file size it's ridiculous!

2018-01-30 18:42:02

Hey, Aaron.
The problem that I have with the Japaneese games is that if you don't have NVDA then you can't use the translator.
I purchased a accessible Japaneese game because it came with a translator.
However when I downloaded the game I found out that I needed to get NVDA.
I wish that those agames should be use with other screen readers.

2018-01-30 19:38:14

I heard a lot about A Hero's Call, but never played it yet.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-31 01:06:35

G-Rad, if you ask me, you should check it out. Not that I'm biased or anything, lol

cyco: You said AHC isn't buggy...I admit, I had to laugh. I do think that, given the size of the game and the amount of content, we've gotten the vast majority of bugs squished. But I think a game of this magnitude is always going to have its fair share of bugs. Let's just say I haven't been asked to kill goblins in Silvershade Mine, but somedays I still feel like an exterminator...

2018-01-31 03:18:38

Hi Psycho.
A hero's call is my personal favorite! It probably will be for a long time to come. If you have an iPhone, a blind legend is pretty good too.
Personally, I don't like vgStorm's rpgs, especially paladin of the sky, it is lacking in so many ways. Manamon is okay, but I don't like the choppy story writing.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-01-31 03:42:16

Hmm. I enjoyed A Blind Legend, but I wouldn't call it an RPG in the conventional sense, simply because you don't really have the freedom to make any choices about the nature of the character you're playing. I'd consider it more of an adventure game. Not to demean it at all—it's kept me entertained on many a car ride.

2018-01-31 05:18:42

AHC not buggy?  lol  I can't tell you how many times I've crashed already, sometimes before a battle takes place, sometimes right after I accept a quest, sometimes while I'm casting a spell!  I was walking around looking for Jonathon the hunter at one point, got as far as the bridge, and the game just up and died on me!  No explanations, no bye byes, just, AHC has stopped working, wait for the program to respond or close it and weep!
and since I can never reproduce the same exact error, I haven't submited a single thing!  that having been said, I know for a fact that Joseph and his team are working on it, and that that work is paying off, because I'm not getting anywhere near as many crashes now as I was when I first started playing, so there is, indeed progress there!  Actually, I'm kind of wondering if the problems aren't owing more to my soundcard rather than Joseph's work, but I haven't tested that yet.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-31 08:47:24

Hi.
Yes that's exactly right, a blind legend isn't an rpg, but it has fantasy elements so I thought I'd throw it out there. Now if we had AHC for the iPhone, that would be so awesome that I'd have to invent a new word to describe it lol!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order