2018-01-27 19:28:29

G-Rad it should be possible to OCR the screen with your phone. I don't have the game yself, so I don't know, but have you tried apps like seeing AI, or envision AI?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-28 02:03:35

Well even when you select an option, a lot of the other options are on the screen, so when you try selecting something reading it with Seeing AI may be confusing, but I got someone to help me map out all the menus that matter to me, haha.  so I can get through franchise and do some playing at random.  Especially now that I have a game I can play with some friends, who even though they don't like football, they bought just because I could play and they could play a game with me.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-28 18:09:25

Use NVDA OCR to read menus. I did that for actually setting up my franchise.

2018-01-28 20:41:56

Unfortunately, I am on the PS4 so that's not an option.   I don't have a way of connecting the PS4 to my PC.  I thought if it'd be possible to do so with  a video capturing device, or something.  But, I had this PS4 since before I lost my vision.

My  attempt to use my phone's Seeing AI to help is kinda difficult, and I'm at the point where I am ready to learn the advance play picking, but it's really confusing me because the layout seems to be dynamic lol. I"d start o pass, move right to run, and sure enough, it's a pss?  well, again, maybe it's because the instructions I am receiving a re a bit blurry.  Additionally, it's hard to tell if the play selection resets or not since seems like everything I pick is a pass in practice mode, or a field goal/kicking attempt.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-29 01:32:37

Can you provide steps on how to do this, starting from after purchasing the game, like getting it connected to your pc to use OCR? I don't even have the XBox yet but interested to see how that works.

Orin wrote:

Use NVDA OCR to read menus. I did that for actually setting up my franchise.

2018-01-29 08:29:20

G-Rad wrote:

Unfortunately, I am on the PS4 so that's not an option.   I don't have a way of connecting the PS4 to my PC.  I thought if it'd be possible to do so with  a video capturing device, or something.  But, I had this PS4 since before I lost my vision.

My  attempt to use my phone's Seeing AI to help is kinda difficult, and I'm at the point where I am ready to learn the advance play picking, but it's really confusing me because the layout seems to be dynamic lol. I"d start o pass, move right to run, and sure enough, it's a pss?  well, again, maybe it's because the instructions I am receiving a re a bit blurry.  Additionally, it's hard to tell if the play selection resets or not since seems like everything I pick is a pass in practice mode, or a field goal/kicking attempt.

This is indeed an option, if you have a bit of sighted help.
Download the Playstation program for Windows or Mac depending on what computer you are using. Then you might need to enter a capcha, which is the reason for I'm stuck. Then you sign in and control your playstation reotely by connecting the controller to your computer.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-29 13:47:14

Yeah I just learned about that after I posted my statement.   The PS4 remote play would definitely be nice.    Just, again, the capcha thing will be annoying. I tried getting the audio capcha but that filed.

However, it's okay.  I am still enjoying my game even without PS4 remote play or anything like that.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-29 18:18:35

I'm trying to work out where my fourth season of Franchis went so badly wrong. Got fired from the Giants, landed with the Bengals, I got a scrambling QB in the draft that can throw short and medium,  got a few good wideouts and a great RB that can catch and can run, got a true FB that can block and run....and cruised to an impressive 13-3 record and lost in the divisional round. Screw the Packers too, they owned me 28-2 in the regular season....

Next season I got let go by the Bengals and took the helm of the Jets. 1-15 season, fired again....admittedly I did blow up that

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-01-29 18:37:16

Not sure where my franchise went so badly wrong...

Y1: Giants with a 9-7 record and made the playoffs and bounced out in the wildcard round Got fired

Y2-4 was with the Jags, won the AFC twice with getting creative with draft choices and owning the hell out of the Pats and shutting down wideouts. Lost to the Saints in the Superb Owl

Y5: Saints. Got to take over the team that beat me in Y3 and built around a backup to Brees and a good running game, with speedy recievers. Went 15-1, won the Superb Owl on a pick against the Bills...rofl sorry Buffalo fans. You can't catch a break.

Y6: This is where it gets interesting......I left the Saints to go takea year with the Bengals. I'm currently 2-13 in W15 after my draft picks worked out, but my team got screwed over by bullshit penalties. Holding on a 4th and goal and then a no call on a roughing the kicker? That's just bull. Also, trade logic seems amazingly broke in M18, I can get Larry Fitzgerald who is on the Saints, Erid Dorsett (a generated rookie with 90 speed for the Saints too) just by throwing picks at the AI GMs.....

Explain this to me. I got a QB with 95 short throw accuracy. I'm on 4th and goal from the 1. He clearly catches the ball. Gets both feet inbounds....no TD. Instead it's a holding penalty. Go for it again, same result, TD called back for holding. Tell me there's not something fishy going on there against the  Packers....since I think there is. I lost that game by ordering my QB to do a third throw that was incomplete. Yet as soon as my DB gets within a foot of the opposing QB even if he's taken five steps after throwing the ball, it's  afacemask? Uh....no?

I'm just getting frustrated with the penalties as I follow the NFL and know when stuff like a facemask should be called. Holding, alight, it happens on every play, but the refs don't always call it...but it seems in Madden they're out to screw over the user team. I got told by a friend who has a Pats franchise a 95 yard TD got called back due to holding three times in a row. Work that one out....and no, I didn't adjust the sliders.

Also I swear the game seems to be set to favor certain teams in certain situtions, regardless of player ratings. I got my 99 coverage DB in zone. He stops dead and lets himself get beat by a 79 overall WR for a touchdown he should, logically, not give up.

Also, explain how a 85 OVER kicker can miss a 17 yard, from the 1 FG? TWICE. Indoors. With the crowd silenced no less....I hate the Colts more now....though I have a good laugh at Vinatierrri missing 9 of 10 for the Colts then getting cut for a guy who goes 0 of 30 in field goals...and gets cut to bring Vinatieri back only for Adam to shank a game winning one. Best one was Y4 with the Saints. I like the FG return plays, though I swear my Saints were channeling their inner Steve Gleason and blocked at least one FG or punt every game. No clue how that happened but it was awesome. Led the league that year in special teams scores. Best one was in the SB, playing the Jags, their kicker missed a 45 yarder for the lead with 20 seconds left. My returner catches it, takes it out of the endzone and just runs away from everyone down the sideline for the TD. Admittedly, I was remmebering SB 44 and Porter's pick six to seal the game...so yeah...but that was the best one. I still want to know how for six games, I defer, and for all six the exact same sequence happens. Blocked punt recovered for a TD. Pick sex. Safety. Blocked FG recovered for a TD for fifty plus yards...exact same sequence every time.
Also whoever mentioned Charles Davis being annoying....that's how he is IRL. Not as bad as Joe Buck however or Tony freaking Romo...though if you want godawful announcing....go listen to Tony Cornheiser and Joe Thiessmann.......thta's redefining awful announcing thanks. There's actually a site about awful announcing and I'm fairly sure Madden got a mention a while ago.....

Also, anyone but me remember the old games with the radio broadcasts? I want  those back in M19. I want the old different play by play crews, the late Pat Summerall and Al Michaels in PS2 era Madden was good, too....but gimme the radio broadcasts any day. Hell gimme the NFL 2k5 announcers, or the MLB The Show crew, they're actually very good

Also on Linux natively

2018-01-29 19:31:15

Yeah I was going to say, the radio broadcasts would be much better, especially for those of us who can't see.  I wrote EA about it already and mentioned it as a suggestion.   I may be Biased, but I listen to Brad Sham from the Cowboys and he's VERY good, and o course everyone knows Summeraul.  But it's just easier to understand when the announcers say stuff like

"Two receivers wide right, Witten slot left, Prescott in the gun on 2nd and 4 with 3:08 remaining in the 3rd."
"""Green Bay showing a blitz."
"  Prescott back to throw. ...and the pass is incomplete, intended for Bryant."
"That's the first pass dropped by Bryant this quarter, but nothing to worry about as he  has been known to make the big play when the time comes."
"Now on 3rd and 4, Prescott behind the Center."
"4 to snap, 3, 2..."
"...A hand off to Elliott... ...who will get this up to the 42 yard line, a gain of 8 and they move the chains"
"Dallas good on the running game, especially with Elliott, who had a great season last year with 1600 yards rushing."

With the time to snap announcements and how close we are to the end of the quarter or the two minute warning or whatever, that would definitely make it much more effective for us as we can do better clock management.  Also, knowing that blitz was there would give a good enough indication to try and get rid of the ball, especially  if we're about to get our ass handed to us, since well, I'd rather incomplete a pass then be sacked back for a loss of 5+ yards on any given play.

Just my thoughts. and I'm sure Some of you could picture that in your heads almost perfectly.

This, and add some audible menus in Madden 19 and I can almost guarantee a 100% increase of happiness in us.

Not saying anything is wrong, and I am very happy with the progress made for us.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-29 21:27:01

Problem, Pat's died so that's out....I just think the old radio broadcasts were good on the PS2 era Maddens...there's so much they could take from that generation and add into M19 but I doubt anything will really change though.....they seem hellbent on recreating a TV broadcast which I don't agree with. If I wanted a TV broadcast I'd watch Redzone or the actual game. Even NHL doesn't do that good of a job. I'd rather they simplify the presentation, they have the high school radio in Longshot. I'd like the radio broadcasts for each team to have some generic voice actors from the areas to add authenticity and have the radio broadcast on honestly....because Madden SEEMS to pick the worst announcers, Nantz and Sims were awful, thinking Superbowl 44 again.....they completely missed the mark.

Give me a good radio crew and I'll be fine with it. I don't need 3D models of the announcers. I don't need flashy presentation packages. I don't need tickers or drive goals on the screen. I just need a play by play announcer that explains what's going on, an analyst that knows what he's talking about....and I'm all set.t

Also on Linux natively

2018-01-29 21:30:58

Also, Saints radio here and every so often Seahawks radio if I'm in the mood for a team imploding.....but I know for a fact the radio broadcasts were in the PS2 gen Maddens, sure it was the same guy doing it but it welcomed you to....using your example, the Cowboys radio braodcast, or the Colts radio braodcast, or the Jets or whatever, it felt  different and better. Plus the announcing for it was simpler with less lines to record for the radio broadcasts on PS2 gen.

I'm all for that really, the radio one. I mean, they got it in Longshot for that one segment in high school in TX, so it's possible. I'm all for the radio being an option, but sadly....like I said above I don't think it'll happen honestly in M19, the have big name famous announcers....yet NFL 2k5 had a believable NFL inspired broadcast crew and made it work without big name announcers.

Also on Linux natively

2018-01-29 21:55:51

I remember back in the day when I could see, I'd watch the game on the TV, turn down the sound, and listen to the radio broadcast.  Sounded better in general, too.

They could easily make a broadcast tyle option for TV or radio.  Probably wouldn't even have to program much additional dialog.  Use the same announcer just hae the main announcer more detailed and the color commentary very minimal.  This could also be enabled when vision assist is enabled by default, so that way  whomever wanted whatever world, they could have it.  Wouldn't change anything visually, just the commentary would be more  descriptive.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-29 22:11:34

I like that actually, I forgot how you got to the radio broadcasts on the old PS2 gens.....and I do the same or I just put Redzone on in the background and listen to it for background noise unless there's a game I really want to keep track of.

Also....listen to the announcing in a real game,  on TV, then Madden. It's worlds apartt. I remember something years ag about tech that automatically makes announcer lines on the fly and reads them, but I dunno whatever happened to that one....I think a radio option would be popular for everyone though,I'm all for it being a broadcast option anyone can toggle personally, though I'd rather have generic voice actors who are part of EA  do the radio role honestly.

Also on Linux natively

2018-01-29 22:23:45

The problem is the commentators are way too chatty. You almost have to not skip replays or anything like that. Otherwise, as a totally blind person, I'm lost as to what's going on as far as the play starting, whether there is a blitz, zone, what kind of pass play you are throwing if you're on offense, because they're too busy talking about a player that is just performing totally awesome, or that fifth interception that the opponent just through, etc. etc. I've emailed about this, and even remember, in the old games, if you skipped the replay, the commentary would go away about that play. I also agree that there needs to be more descriptions whether it turns into a radio broadcast option or not. Especially for the vision assist mode. I really hope they get our emails and take it seriously regarding commentary. Even TV announcers know when to shut up because a play is about to happen. This needs to happen in the game, like yesterday. I'm not kidding, Charles Davis was jabbering on about the last play that happened, a minute later, when I was playing just a Super Bowl game between the Chiefs and patriots, Brandon said, the Kansas City Chiefs are Super Bowl champions! Like, come on, there was two seconds left. No need for a lengthy explanation of how awesome that last play was.

2018-01-29 23:52:55

Well...yes and no, some announcers love their own voice (Thom Brennaman. Brad Nessler, Tony Romo or even Kevin Harlan.) but I think ti's as much a fault of the way EA does the commentary engine really...they read off a script AFAIK, the EA engine won't let them break it up into chunks.

For the skipping replays thing NCAA 14 did this but that was both an older gen and an older engine, that was....actually  pretty deent of EA to put that in.

MLB The Show has a nice way of doing it, their lines are set up to branch off whenever and go into a new line, for instance....I'll put each one on a new line:

Bradley swings and hits it high and
Oh it hit off his arm and rolls away
Upton boots it, throws to third
Not in time! Safe!

See how that all branches from that one initial point, depending on what the play does?

Also on Linux natively

2018-01-30 01:53:34

I definitely love what EA has done so far.  They really have made a major improvement for the blind community, I think, but of course I've not been here as long as some of you, but to think this is the launch pad for what they are wanting to do, imagine what it could be like when it's more indepth in development.

Another neat idea would be voice commanding options.  Especially for play picking.  Hold down a button ad the mic listens for you, meanwhile cutting your voice out of parties if you're in one however this may not be a great option for two player in the same room or what not, but still could be useful for single or online playing.

For example, when the suggested play comes up, you can hold a button and say somethign like "shotgun pass" into the mic.
The controller would vibrate to identify what kind of play you picked, then you can push the  A/Cross, X/Square, or Y/Triangle buttons to pick your play..
  The controller could vibrate to also indicate the play if picked without voice.

Just another thought.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-30 10:49:51 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2018-01-31 01:00:01)

To be honest, as much as I appreciate what EA is trying to do, I have two points to highlight that I still believe hold correct:
1. Madden isn't friendly to those unfamiliar with American Football.  With someone such as myself who is totally unfamiliar but has read the NFL beginner's guide, I'd have liked some kind of way of understanding just what's going on.

2. American Football's constant changing of sides and rules makes the game even harder to test whether the accessibility features are working correctly.

If EA had worked with, maybe, a baseball game first, though the rules are still complex, there is a really basic premise: Hit the ball, run.  The other team's premise is just as simple: field the ball, try and get the batting team out.

I mean yes, the intricacies are more complex than that but it would, I reckon, be an easier franchise to work with especially given that the basic rules of baseball as shown above are roled into far more widely known games outside of the US (thinking rounders and softball here to name but 2, though there will likely be differences the idea is still the same).

The fact that there might be guides on the rules of American Football doesn't make it any easier to understand.  In fact, the more information there is in terms of how to play a specific game, the higher the chances are that the information will confuse newcomers to a game like this.  If the menu structures were less complicated and I didn't have to sit with a guide constantly open in front of me, (actually two guides in fact as I have no idea of the rules), continuously tabbing between them and trying to play the game, I think I might be able to sort of get into it.  But oh well.

I'm definitely still happy that EA are at least trying to get new developments in, though there's been no word as to UFC3's accessibility post-beta, as far as I know.  Interested to see where that one goes.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-01-30 12:28:17

Hi.
Well, it's with every sports game out there, you have to know the rules of the sport to fully enjoy the game.
And just how you simplified baseball, the same can be done with football, quarterback either trys to run or pass the ball, trying to advance 10 yards to get a new first down.
Defense, trys to tackle the runners or block the incoming passes. See, that easy.
I think there are enough how to's and guides on the basic rules of american football so you can get an idea on what is happening on the playing field.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-03-01 22:50:10

If I manage to make web pages that have table of contents, would you prefer I also have the word SECTION on sections, or are the anchored links good enough?

Just checking what works best for everyone.

Thanks,

- Karen Stevens

2018-03-02 06:16:41

@Karen: the links will work in this case.

2018-03-08 23:05:32

@Karen: The anchored links will work just fine.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-03-09 00:19:21

Important reminder! If you have any accessibility issues post them in the new accessibility bug reporting forum, it's a good way to get messages to developers. Info here: http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.p … 98#p354998

2018-03-30 20:57:13

Can someone please give me a quick explanation on how to start a ranked online/casual match? Thanks!

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-03-31 16:25:20

So uh I think I figured out how to start a ranked match, but man I throw so many interceptions. Anyone have tips on how to pass properly? I feel the long vibrate, tap the buttons until I feel it vibrate again, and then press and hold x/square. What'm I doing wrong?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.