2018-01-27 20:52:23

Remember that there are also multiple versions of some characters... it does indeed rotate. I tested it. And im the meantime, here is some gameplay for those who for some reason don't want to look on youtube.. a bit of messing about in training mode, then an arcade run.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8ri13f0oloq6 … n.MP3?dl=0

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-01-28 08:35:57 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-01-28 09:08:56)

One thing I will say though... I absolutely love some of the references to the anime that are in here, the dramatic finishes especially. Downside of course being they can be a bitch to set up, and you'd probably never get them off in an actual serious match. The only two I've pulled off so far are Goku's win against Frieza and Gohan's kamehameha against Cell, but I know there are more, I just can't seem to get them to work.
Fun fact of the night, I did not know this before now, but according to the Dragon Ball wiki Frieza is not voiced by Chris Ayres in this game, it's Daman Mills. Though I honestly did think it was Ayres before because it sounds so similar, but it's also been quite a while since I've watched DB Kai so maybe the difference is obvious, idk.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-01-28 12:04:59

Chris ayres has been havin some serious health issues as of late, so I think that's more the reason why he's not voicing freeza here.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-01-28 15:34:19

though I must admit, Daman is doing a really good impression of chris airs it's almost impossible to tell the difference.

Greetings.
My twitter

2018-01-28 21:51:23

So just wondering, does anybody have any starter tips for story mode before someone hops in? From looking around seems like there's a whole bunch of side events and you gotta unlock characters to play as.

2018-01-30 02:04:35

tip for character select screen. you start off on goku, if you move the d pad  to the right just a pinch, and hit x, you will hit another character. when you move it this way, you will not hear a sound, but trust me you will be on a new character. keep doing this process until you find the character you want, remember only press the right d pad slightly, just a pinch then hit x

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-01-30 02:06:11

if anyone wants a short walkthrough on how to customize a team, that you can use in practice, arcade, and online battles, let me know, and I can write up a post here, or do a short recording

2018-01-30 10:36:39

@32
A written post on this aspect would be much appreciated given that it's near required for online matches as far as I've seen.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-01-30 17:38:04 (edited by stewie 2018-01-30 17:38:22)

Does anyone else find the controls very sluggish? It feels like I'm struggling to make my character do what I want because of it. This is on xbox 1.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-01-30 17:51:09

no controls are very smooth.......the speed of the game may make it seem like your moves are not coming out correctly because you maybe knocked down and not know it, or you may have switched sides without knowing.....once again this game moves very fast so certain combos will not work if you are miss timing your distance, or are on the other side

2018-01-30 17:58:29

Hi,
@Smoovgunner please do a post about customizing teams, that'd be awesome.

2018-01-30 19:09:32

Even hitting medium it takes forever to come out in training mode. It feels like individual moves are slower but the pace of the game is faster.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-01-30 19:46:36

here is the guide to set your team for online play, practice and arcade, under the guide is a layout of how the character select screen looks inside edit team

first
you must be in a lobby with control of your dbz avatar

steps:

-press options(start button) a menu will pop up
-go down twice to edit character info, and press X
-go down once to edit team and press x
-press r1/rb, you will now be on the screen with your teams
-you will now be on slot one of your first team, hit x, to put a character in this first slot, after hitting x, a list of characters will pop up

here is a few things to note. when you select a character, you will not hear there name, or your character's voice. after you select a character with x, another small menu will pop up asking you which slot you want to put this character in, simply hit x again to insert the character in the slot you already selected. you will be back at slot 1, to move to slot two hit the right arrow on the d pad, select your character, then hit x again to put the character in slot2. now it will take you back to slot2, hit right for slot 3, and repeat the process. once you have selected all 3 characters, hit circle twice, then go up twice to save and hit x. now your line up is saved, now hit circle until you can move your avatar, once you can, go to arcade, or practice to make sure your correct lineup is there. while in practice and arcade mode at the character select screen, hit options(pause button) if done correctly, you will here the announcer say select your team, when he says this, simply hit x.

here is the layout for the character select screen inside edit team. since this is your very first time making a team, it will start you off on dbz icon goku, but whenever you come back to this screen in the future, you will start on the character you already had in that particular slot. now on this screen you only have to move left and right to select a character, don't worry about moving up and down, only move left and right to make this selection process the easiest. ok here is the list, remember you are starting from goku, and the character are listed going to the right, hit left to go backwards. and yes you will hear a sound everytime you go left and right

list:

goku (point where you start for the first time)
vegeta
piccolo
kid gohan
freza
captain genyu
trunks
cell
android18
Go tenks
krillin
kid bu
majin bu
nappa
android16
yamcha
tien
adult gohan
hit
beerus
goku black
any questions about the guide, feel free to ask

2018-01-31 06:12:13

good news guys, it took me a while to get the hang of it, but I finally know how to set up a match, and fight your friends. its not really something I can write up, if interested, i'll do a recording of everything, then I guess we can write something up off of that. if anyone is interested in sending requests to friends let me know, but again, its not an easy process like a mk game or street fighter, but its not to difficult eiter

2018-01-31 07:14:14

That's through ring match, isn't it? Or so I've heard, anyway.

2018-01-31 19:02:31

yes it is through ring match, that part is not the issue, issue is you and your friend being in the same lobby, and in the same spot

2018-02-02 03:29:58

So a very, very strange thing just happened to me a few minutes ago.
I was just in practice earlier, with a Goku/16/Gohan team. Wanted to see the limits of the mid-combo super tag.
Was pounding on Frieza with goku, basic air combo into smash finish, tagged in 16 with his level 3 hell flash which connected. Next thing I know I've somehow taken control of Frieza, and I was hitting 16. I have no idea how it happened, Ginyu was not on my team or the opponent's in any way.
Just wanted to share.

2018-02-02 04:16:05

One of those buttons I can't remember which, has you switching teams.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-02-02 05:02:03

if anyone wants to get in some fights, and you are on psn let me know, we can throw down

2018-02-02 07:59:25

Pressing the left stick in I think allows you to record the opponent's actions in training mode

2018-02-02 21:59:29

Oooooh, okay. Thanks for that.

2018-02-03 08:45:07

if  you press l3 it records the computer actions, press it again, it stops. Press it twice to play whatever actions you recorded.

Greetings.
My twitter

2018-02-04 15:13:28

I am so looking forward to playing this!

2018-02-12 01:40:35

So curiosity question for others with the game. Now that some time's actually passed, what are people's thoughts? I personally still love it, fills a void that I2 and SFV just don't touch, MVCI didn't even catch my attention, but I did spend a couple hours with it when I had a friend over.

2018-02-12 16:54:49

I still find it a bit hard to do supers, like timing the analog stick rotation with pressing r 1 slash r 2, specially in the middel of a kombo. I know it requires a little bit of getting used to, but I still think it's an interesting micanic. Other than that the game is great, I managed to beat the story mode and it was pretty interesting, but it's hard to complete without sighted help, cause you'll either miss out on stuff, or finish it after two years if you rely on ocr alone.

Greetings.
My twitter