2018-01-26 20:49:30

Hi all,
DragonBall FighterZ is now out on ps4, xbox one and pc. I got to play this morning on xbox one.
The game itself is quite good, but the lobby system persent in the beta is used throughout the whole game. However, there is a button, in the xbox case it's left trigger, so ps4 will probabl be l2, which activates a warp list and you can choose things like story, practice, arcade, local battle etc. IN an online lobby world match is your first option for some reason.
I haven't tried arcade yet, as I was playing through tutorial mode which is quite extensive. I got sighted help for this mode. It's under practice, then go to battle tutorial.
So, who is excited, or even annoyed,a bout this game? I think the lobby systems' a bit annoying personally.

2018-01-26 20:55:34

I mean I can get why, but I could also see the appeal for some gamers of being able to actually wander around to pick stuff, customize their avatar, etc etc.
Would love a setup/menu guide though, as there aren't any sighted individuals around at the moment and I don't want to just mash buttons in case there's a setup process for stuff that can't be changed later... SFV and fighter ID anybody?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-01-26 23:49:08

here are some of the menus in the game.
note: first, you must press l2 on ps4 or lt in Xbox one to go to the warp menu.

main menu:
world match.
story.
practice.
arcade.
local battle.
rankings.
replay.
shop.
arena match.
information.
gate.
to select an option, press "x" in ps4 or "a" in Xbox one. the game will ask you for a confirmation to warp. press "x"/ "a" to warp to the selected option, and then press "x" / "a" to activate it.

another menu. this one appears when you press the options button on ps4, don't know the Xbox equivalent. options is the old start button from previous consoles. i'll call this menu, the start menu.

start menu.
player info.
player list.
customize.
guide.
options.
quit title.
close.

options menu:
lobby settings.
screen settings.
game settings.
sound settings.
button settings.
go back.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2018-01-27 00:18:47

Oo, thanks for these. I'll definitely have to spend tonight on this.

2018-01-27 00:49:29

I've managed to get hold of a copy and, although I am a fan of the music, sound and English dub, as well as the story cutscenes, I'm very disappointed in just how hard it is to set up 1v1 lobbies, in addition to the story mode's inaccessibility passed the first chapter.  Add to that the preference for using a lobby system for everything and the character select screen using a cursor, along with the arcade mode's not just being happy with a continue prompt but subtracting from your score as you fight any remaining matches after you lose (as I understand it) and you have a game that, as the moment, I would not suggest anyone interested pay full price for.

Even the preorder bonuses are unlockable if you complete areas in arcade mode with certain ranks, for those who might be wondering.

@3
Just want to check, what's Gate? sounds like a mistranslation maybe?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-01-27 01:07:42

I had a thought about story actually. The map is seemingly menu based, so you could just get a guide made that gives you literal step by step directions. Not ideal, but it would make story completable.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-01-27 01:23:47 (edited by death 2018-01-27 01:47:27)

Personally not really having a problem with story as of yet. On chapter 5. Granted the squares aren't exactly greatly labeled, but I'm like 80 percent sure I can complete it with no problem unless something drastically changes.
/edit/
Adding to this post to explain what I can and can't do for story.
Moving around the map is doable kind of with OCR. You can see what enemy/event square you're landing on becaue it has a prompt before you press a again on it. It also has a sound cue for every square you can press A on. Skillslots work like this, after going into the team editing screen, press r1/right trigger? I believe that takes you to the skill select screen. Right here you have three slots going up and down in a none wrapping menu. If you press a on one it shows the items you have and at least so far, the items have a description before you equip them so you know what you're equipping.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-01-27 01:47:11

@5
Don't think so, my ps4 is in english, haven't tested all the options, but i think "gate" could be to exit the lobby or something like that.

i also think i can complete the story, i'm at chapter 6.

2018-01-27 01:47:40

Just curious, how exactly does the story mode work? I've heard something about a map both other places and here, but haven't had time to mess with it quite yet. Is it like Naruto Storm 4 where you have kind of branching paths within each chapter, but they all eventually end up at the same place? Or something else entirely.
Thanks.

2018-01-27 01:53:06

I ordered this 2 weeks ago and just got the physical copy from amazon in the mail this afternoon. So hyped for this. The audio is amazing. I have not gotten that far into it but I plan to get into it.

2018-01-27 03:24:54

So far the music seems to be not licensed from the anime, which is unfortunate. As for story, I suppose it's doable without vision, you simply have to guess where to go, especially as OCR doesn't exist on ps4.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-01-27 04:55:21

blind ninja whats your sfv fighter id, or psn so we can throw down? and I plan on picking up this game next week , want to plug in a lot of hours on it

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-01-27 05:19:42

anime music is coming as dlc. free for those who preordered the ultimate edition but well, that was ovbious considering the Price.

2018-01-27 05:23:44

@smoothgunner I'll PM you.
@mr.brunete I mean yeah I'd hope the ultimate edition did include everything... lol dat price tag though!

2018-01-27 05:46:46

Definitely going to download that music when it comes out. But before I do that.. let's see how I like the game.

2018-01-27 06:19:04

@assault
I think you'll like it. this is a fighting game, not a dbz simulator like the budokai tenkaichi, budokai, raging blast, and xenoverse series.

2018-01-27 07:17:06

Nah... those were all fighting games as well, just a different type of fighting game. lol We'll see. Blazblue and Guilty gear have never been my cup of tea, and DBZ itself is much closer to that, and this game is similar. But as with all games, I'm willing to give it a chance before saying anything.

2018-01-27 10:32:56

@6
I had issues when I tried to go into story myself - got through chapter 1 fine but as soon as I got into the map I could only find squares that were too far away.  Could just be bad fortune on my part, but we'll have to see.  Might tweak my audio settings as well to see if it improves the experience during battle, as right now things can be a little confusing even in CPU fights.

Props to the game though for sounding good, I'm not necessarily worried about whether the music is from the anime or not, as the tracks that are in the game do definitely sound good in my opinion at least.

I'll see if I can find anything else interesting but glad to hear people are further along with story than me in this instance.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-01-27 10:35:16

Can one of you please record a slow gameplay of the game?
so we can hear how it sounds and such

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-01-27 14:30:36

Hi,
I'm worried I've messed up my options, because I can't seem to get into audio settings correctly. I'm wondering, if I reset everything, will it still allow my fighter name or do you think it'll point blank refuse me jsut because I've had to, perhaps, start from scratch because I'm worried I've messed something up? I don't know what menu I was in, or what I've changed, so maybe it's nothing and mauybe there's aw ay to restore everything to defaults, but if I accidentally went into screen settings, I'm worried I've messed up.

2018-01-27 15:24:23

I am super excited to get this game, but I can’t justify paying full price for one at the moment. sad

2018-01-27 15:31:25

@Dan_c I don't blame you, it's a bit weird at the moment.
has anyone got any tips for the character selection screen in arcade and training modes?

2018-01-27 18:05:43 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-01-27 18:07:05)

One major thing. When picking your first two characters, remember this. If you pick a character and then go back with circle, the cursor rotates to the next character on it's own. So if nothing else, just keep doing that until you find the characters you want. As far as actually navigating it, no tips here quite yet, I've kinda just tried moving around at random.
Fortunately though at least there's a sound for when you move to another character, ther have been games with this style of select screen where there was no movement sound. I'd record some gameplay, but I'm gonna be going out for a large amount of the day. Youtube is a good resource if you wan to hear what the game sounds like.

2018-01-27 18:50:46

Well, in regards to music, I think the only people who actually care whether it's from the anime or not are people who really enjoy the anime series. Same goes for dubs in anime based games, but that's another discussion.

Regarding the character selection screen, it's similar to other arc ystem works titles like Blazblue and guilty gear... aka there's no real way of navigating it as it's not a grid based system like traditional character select screens. But it shouldn't be too difficult to work out, since whatever character you land on will be announced, and as has been said, you can simply use circle to back out and rotate to the next character by just pressing x again.

2018-01-27 19:09:11

Does it seem to rotate back and fourth? Because at one point it said sell, then another character, then sell again.