2010-06-19 16:27:16

Yes; inf act i am working on lives system right now.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-06-19 20:58:25

For some annoying reason, I couldnt get the thing to download properly.

I went to the page and found no link, so created an account, but stil found none. I moved the file to my accounts files, and tried download, where upon I was asked to wait, ---- a download file link eventually eappeared and I was asked to wait again1 1 ! might I suggest you use a less irritating file sharing service such as sendspace?

in fact having seen several services, rapid share, hotfile etc, I'd stil have to say senspace is my favourite sinse its the easiest for people to download from, ---- though dropbox has its good points as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-06-19 21:03:33

Maybe you could create an item that protects you from bolders because they're really hard to jump over! I haven't managed to jump over one yet!

2010-06-19 22:23:35

I actually managed to jump over 4 of them, however my victory over the bolders was short lived since Right after I landed from jumping over the last bolder I landed right in a pit.
And I have to say if this game ever were to earn an entry in the data base, I think it would fall under the action catigory.

Audio game king

2010-06-19 23:13:38

hi
Wow, very very nice game. I love it so much and i am hooked on it. You have done a totally awsome job, and keep up the great work

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2010-06-20 01:11:23

Have you ever seen level 6 and beyond? There is a new thing that can happen to you. Tell me if you find out what it is!

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2010-06-20 02:04:00

Ok new verson, 3.0, of sidescroller is here! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8252087/sidescroller.exe is the link; enjoy!

2010-06-20 03:53:59

what's new in this version

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2010-06-20 04:03:56

lives system is the most important new features. Read the readme file for mor info!

2010-06-20 06:12:28

nice game indeed, --- and it was rather pleasant to here the music from Kirby superstar back again ;D.

I like the jumping of rocks and blades, and I very much like the way the step sounds changed from level level (perhaps ultimately there could be different music for each level, or maybe each two levels), time and the use of booby traps.

I really have only two niggles, ---- well one niggle one bug.

the niggle is that the r key to swtich walking mudes is a bit irritating to find in a hurry, as while walking, ---- maybe you could considder changing this command to one closer to the cursers and space, such as shift, control or alt?

the Miner bug is to do with the dropping items. I really like the way you have to specifically be listening out at the same time as the game to grab stuff, and the idea of sticking them up on the f row to make the keys less accessible, however it seemed that even when I hit the right key, i only caught the item about %50 of the time. It actually struck me that the window of time in which the player needed to press the key was shorter than the sound the item made, ---- which is a trifle missleading.

Nevertheless, a very nicely put together name. I'll now try your turn based combat thingy!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-06-20 07:31:12

I love the new release of this game it is very intense you did a very good job I got to level 6 and I got killed by a bunch of enemies.  very awesome game.

2010-06-20 08:09:11

was it that thing where they came out of nowhere?

2010-06-20 08:16:55

damn it I love this game!
just now I got lucky with 10 potions from items!
I slashed the heck out of the boss
by the way, I only beat the game fully once, when I slightly changed the jump code so I wouldn't land for about 6 seconds
but I did change it back, and I also got to level 3 with just the sword!

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2010-06-20 08:50:05

How is the machinegun? Fun?

2010-06-20 09:04:56

Hi,
Just downloaded the latest version, and I really like the idea of a lives system; it's nice not to have to worry about those damb blades as much, lol.
Just letting you know though, there's a bug that sometimes makes the invinsible blades item active forever, and it doesn't ware off.
Thanks, and hope you can get this fixed soon.

2010-06-20 09:18:00

I noticed that. I'll work on it.

2010-06-20 11:45:53

Yep, very nice game indeed. Just a couple of things to consider though. 1. Maybe move the blades  a little, so they're not right on top of the pits. Maybe its just me, but i always seem  to jump right out of a pit, and on to a blade. *smiles* 2. Maybe make the time in which a player can grab an item a little longer. But otherwise, great job!

2010-06-20 11:49:15

Gosh! I almost forgot! The bolder sound can sometimes be drowned in the ambiance. Maybe if a different sound was used, or volume  levels could be adjusted, then i tmight smooth things out a little.

2010-06-20 13:41:00

I agree with all those. If you're going to make the keys for grabbing items a little less accessible for challenge you should balance it by making the window of opportunity a little longer since it can be tricky to go quickly from the arrows to the F keys since I still! can't get laptop layout to work. It says it's switching but then the arrow keys don't do anything and it's as though the game just exits. And yes, I have the latest versions of both BGT and the game. I do hope though that the requirement that BGT actually be installed to run the games once they're actually compiled isn't going to be permanent. Not everybody who plays audiogames actually necessarily wants to create their own, so there wouldn't be much point to that.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2010-06-20 14:30:52

I did increase your window of time for items just a little bit, maybe about a half of a second.

2010-06-20 15:42:17

guess what
I just made it clear to level 7. I like the macheen gun, the lives system, and the teleportation. Its all great. I just can't believe i made it that far. But i died like 3 times on the boss

2010-06-20 16:23:28

yeah that was when they were coming out of nowhere

2010-06-20 17:13:31

the link doesn't work!
sad

2010-06-20 18:49:06

Make sure you are trying the very latest version, which is 3.0.

2010-06-20 18:53:11

yeah the link wouldn't work for a while, but then it did!
i got to level6 with out cheating, then all the enemies came. the game froze and crashed. havent had chance to get there again to see if this is a reacurring problem though