2018-01-23 21:40:46

hello there everyone. I'm loving a hero's call and it's the best 20 dollars I've spent on a game for the blind in about 10 years or better. I need some help however on finding both the trap door in the mines, and with finding the water reservwar in the deepwood forest in the massive tree. I've found the secret exit in the tree by the way in the water vein, and I've delt with the sap reservwar, now I just need to find the water reservwar and this trap door. So any sort of help you're able to give me would be greatly appreciated, and step by step directions would be better since I can't stand riddles or puzzles. Have a wonderful day to you all.

2018-01-24 07:25:50

I'm still on the forest quest so can't help you there but as far as the trap door:
Spoilers
You use the beacon to get to the underground lake and keep going to get to the Goblin campsite above ground.  Simion should be in your party, and say something to get you the beacon to the trap door, but it's pretty much just a zig zag until you get there after that point.  Not exactly sure the directions, but you get a beacon you can follow after that point is triggered.
End spoilers

2018-01-24 16:01:24

Hi,
spoilers
When I went into the campsight nothing seemed to happen even though simion was in the party.

2018-01-24 22:11:14

After you reach the lake and defeat the boss there take the first northern exit and follow the linear winding path. Eventually Simian will say that you reached the secondary ore vein beyond the blockage. At that point the beacon to the goblin trapdoor will be added. It might be past the goblin encampment you find along the way.

The water reservoir is in the second ring of the tree. You probably just missed the side it was on.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-01-24 22:25:01

wow, thank you guys ever so much for all of your help, I did manage to eventually find the trap door, and I even listened for Simeon to speak which he did. And thanks a lot for the reservoir guidance. Spoiler alert comeing up for anyone who hasn't completed this part of the goblin quest. I've found 3 keys to 3 different gates on the great bridge and have unlocked them, but I'm guessing there's a 4th key somewhere that I missed. I've visited the echoing cavern incampment, the stalagtite incampment, and the sunken pit incampment and killed all of the goblins and chiefs inside of each. Where do I find the 4th key? I'm having lots of fun with the game by the way. Between you me and the lord, sister alexia, guenn and hope the vampire slayer are all kinda hot lol.

2018-01-25 03:12:40

Hello.
Yes that is right on once you reach the secondary ore vein simeon will talk to you and the trap door will be added to your beacons list. Remember this only happens after you leave the camp site not before.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-01-25 03:36:16

Yeah to clarify, the goblin encampment is a good point of reference but it's just a way of knowing you're on the right track.

Regarding the keys for the Great Bridge...***mild spoilers***

All four of the encampments are along the subterranean road. Just stay on the road and travel its whole length, turning with it when it turns, and you should find the one you've missed.

2018-01-25 06:13:32

Hello.
I thought I'd answer a question before someone asks because this is a tricky one.
Spoilers.
Once you go through the four goblin campsites and get the keys you can unlock the four gates on the great bridge. Once you unlock all four gates you will enter the goblin king's palace. Everytime you enter a door it will shut behind you so you can't get out. This will happen until you reach a trapdoor that leads into the goblin king's arena. You have to fight through his minions and then him I assume so be prepared for a big battle. I haven't figured out how to defeat the goblin king and his guards so I'll write more about that when I figure it out.
End of spoilers.

This game just gets mor awesome the more I play it!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2018-01-25 18:05:54

I have made it to the goblin palace.
However I can't unlock the door to enter the arena.
How do I unlock the door?
When I go to the switch it says that it is for a door somewhere in the palace.

2018-01-25 18:42:24

Cyco, you're chasing a red herring. The locked door that fell shut isn't the way into the arena—it's just preventing you from accessing the goblin king's audience chamber. At least I expect that is the door you're talking about. As for the lever, that's unrelated, though you may want to set a custom beacon to find this location easily in the future. For the main quest line you just need to keep working your way deeper into the palace. Find an area you haven't seen yet, and keep going that way, and see what happens.

Also a general observation I've noticed: a lot of times, people will encounter thing X, and assume that it's related to their objective and then drive themselves crazy trying to figure out how to make it work...and the reason it doesn't work is that it has nothing to do with their objective. My point being, if you get stuck on something that seems like it should be easier than it is, you may be better off leaving it be for the time being and roaming off to explore new territory, rather than continuing to try the same thing over and over. Often you'll find something that fills in the gaps, or you'll meet someone with more information, or you'll realize that what you were trying to do wasn't want you needed to do in the first place.

***An example below, with minor spoiler***

For example, the quest "A Balancing Act" is a pure side quest—it has nothing to do with completing the quest "Getting At the Heart." But I've seen people get so hung up on "A Balancing Act" thinking they're working toward completing "Getting At the Heart" that they don't keep exploring the Heart of Deepwood further in order to complete "Getting at the Heart."

2018-01-25 18:55:52

Hey, Joseph Westhouse.
Can you email me off the forum?
My email address is [email protected]
Thanks.

2018-01-25 19:05:46

Hi,

Just for efficiency's sake, I'm not in the habit of just emailing people with a "Yeah, what do you need?" message. But if you have questions you'd rather not ask on the forum, please feel free to email ME. If you use the forum mailer I should get it (whereas I may not see a private message). Sorry for putting the ball back in your court—that's just the way I have to keep things to keep my life somewhat manageable.

2018-01-25 19:41:38

Hey, Joseph.

I am not sure if you received my email through the forum.
I seem to be having trouble sending email through the forum.
Everytime that I press submit it doesn't do anything.

2018-01-25 20:32:42

Hi all, Joseph I am sure but you hit the nail on the head with that example! My party is rather stuck somewhere on the second ring, I need to explore the heart of the tree more, but there's no way to get beyond this point. Any help with this would be appreciated!
Thanks again for this great game!

2018-01-25 21:14:37

***Heart of Deepwood spoilers/pro-tips below***

You had to pull a lever in order to unlock the way into the second ring, right? Well, this pattern continues as you go farther into the tree. The layout of the tree is actually very straightforward—each ring is a circle (well technically a square, since the game's on a grid) with chambers on the inward-side of it. So if you're on the north edge of the circle, there will be chambers toward the south, and so on. Each ring then has one or more points of access to the next ring, which have to be unlocked. So if you just walk in a circle around the ring, stopping to thoroughly explore the chambers as you go, you will find all there is to find. Just remember that sometimes chambers will have multiple access points that take you around corners. If you were on the east edge of a ring, so you were facing west when you entered a chamber, and then you're facing south when you exit back tot he ring, you know you've rounded the southwest corner. HTH.

2018-01-26 00:55:36

Hi Psycho.
Please read my post number 8. I have explained the goblin king's palace and what to do in it.

Guitarman.

2018-01-27 00:33:40

Hi guys.

Spoilers:

Recently completed my first play through of the game a few days ago, and I have already started the second play through. aside from the side quests that are just a little fun I am close to completing the deepwood quest, and I have already completed Silvershade and graveyard quests.

I know that the side quests are not very important, but due to accidentally saving over my first playthrough's save file, I wasn't able to complete some of those before that play through ended.

One of these is laying down the law.

I've completed the first stage, just taking on bandits in the forest until the game registers that you've killed enough for the quest, but I am having difficulty with the next stage.

The guard captain has asked me to mark ambush sites, such as windy bluffs and high ridges. as far as I can see, in the first area of the deep wood, there are only 3 such areas, having created custom beacons for these locations, captain Lucian says that's some of them, but not all. I just wanted to know if anyone could clarify on whether there are more bluffs / ridges I am missing, or if he's asking for all bandit camps to be marked on the map?

Thanks for the assistance.

P.S, love the games, love the characters, love the quality, and love the references. this game is a real 10 out of 10.

Kindest regards.

Archer

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2018-01-30 01:11:17

How do I get to the tree that everyone is talking about?
I wonder around the woods but can't seem to find it.

2018-01-30 02:43:58

@Archer: There are more. The bandit campsites are not involved in this stage of the quest.

@Cyco: Have you made it to the second forest map or are you still roaming around The Great North Road?

2018-01-30 02:48:38

Hey, Joseph.
Are you talking about the path pass the vines?
By the way how do I pull the leaver to unleash the wolves in the goblin palace?
Thanks.

2018-01-30 03:41:01

Yep, that is what I'm referring to. Past the vines, the ancient road continues—I suggest following that road. As for how to pull the lever, I'm a little confused by the question. You should just be able to interact with the lever, right?

2018-01-30 06:21:42

Hey, Joseph.
Here is how I found those wolves and the leaver.
Once I enter the goblin palace I turn to the right.
I enter the tent.
I went straight across the tent and came out on the other side.
There is where I found the wolves.

2018-01-31 01:09:37

Yeah, I get where you found the wolves—I was confused about why you said you can't activate the lever. Now that I think about it though, I assume that you get an activation menu, and the only option is "Leave it alone"? That's because the wolves can only be released once a certain stage of a certain quest, in which releasing them can be useful, is active. We did this to prevent players from inadvertently ruining their chances of success if they discover the wolves first, as you have.