2010-06-18 02:57:13

I believe some software in win 7 is put under "program files" and some in "program files (x86)". It seems BGT is looking in the wrong one.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-06-18 06:31:23

Hello keyIsFull.
  I triet your game, and must say, this idea is very fantastic. I am thinking about bigger platform, 2d beat em up, with shoot em up elements game. But for now i am trying to write a scenario for the adventure game, wich is very complicated.

I can help you with this project, i can records many sounds, voices, and get a music for the game, if you want to develop a bigger, and greater  project.

Cheers

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2010-06-18 06:52:36

wow man and I thought the basics of this language were complex
had a hard time coding basic stuff
nice job man
keep it up

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2010-06-18 09:31:11

I don't need help, but thank you; I may need some in the future.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-06-18 17:40:42

Why the response?
I was mearly notifying you that the bug still exists.

2010-06-18 18:00:10

what response?

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2010-06-18 19:18:06

I think he was referring to the get a spine thing.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2010-06-18 21:36:02

um, okay not cool
today I got a blade right in the middle of a pit

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2010-06-18 22:29:30

So, how do you pick up items? They fall too quickly to get to them and jumping just seems to freeze the sound and doesn't change the posision.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2010-06-19 00:01:59

Okay I hadn't noticed the "get a spine" remark. It is one thing to say that you don't intend to fix it, but telling someone to get a spine is pretty much an insult.

Consider this a mod warning on the matter. A better way to say it might have been "I know it isn't perfect but I'm happy with it the way it is."

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-06-19 00:39:11

I can't downlode Sidescrolersetup.exe because whenever I do it doesn't let me exacute the file and it says that no aplications are asociated with it. Maybe it's because I don't have BGT?

2010-06-19 00:48:56

oh, sorry.

2010-06-19 01:00:53

Do you think there's some way I can downlode it even without BGT?

2010-06-19 01:05:17

I think you are trying to download the wrong file. It is called sidescroller.exe it is in post number 9.

2010-06-19 03:53:06

Hello! I have a new version, 2.5 of the sidescroller. This version introduces many new features, including your choice of, two! background music tracks, and it also fixes some bugs. Also added: time bonuses. Check it out at http://www.4shared.com/file/ggSZzdSX/sidescroller.html
enjoy!

2010-06-19 04:10:48

I downloded BGT and now it works! yay :d! Now I just have to fuiger it out. You should make a documentation for it.

2010-06-19 04:13:58

There is a file called readme dot txt. Did you get the new version of it?

2010-06-19 04:43:40

I actually didn't see it there but I fuigered it out pretty quickly without it.  I did downlode the newest version just now after downloding the very first version. The change music option is really awesome! And the game it's self is epic! How do you add your own songs?

2010-06-19 09:14:35

You'[ll need to know coding to do it.

2010-06-19 11:42:08 (edited by keyIsFull 2010-06-19 13:23:17)

It is strange, but I have just relesaed sidescroller v2.7. Get it at http://www.4shared.com/file/tLF8C7DY/sidescroller.html. By the way, have you gotten to level 6 anyone, either by cheating or not? Have you found out what enemies can do to you on that level, and also on the new level 7? Isn't it funny? Doesn't it remind you of super liam's silver spaceship level?
Which is your favorite of the background music tracks? Mine is the window xp error message song.

2010-06-19 14:39:51

I like the tech house music the best I have only gotten to level 3 then I get killed.

2010-06-19 14:41:10

I don't know anything about coding oh well. I like the windos xp song as well. I had it on my computer before though. I found it on youtube by accident. I haven't made it up to level 6 yet.

2010-06-19 14:48:51

There is a level 7. Level 5 is the first boss level. You can actually cheat to the next level, and there is also a cheat combo that lets you evade blades forever.

2010-06-19 15:47:30

i'm really enjoying this game. is there a way you can turn down the background sound as well as music? thanks, john.

Whatever game you play, let it blow your mind away. To put your name to shame is harsh, a clame to fame is never far.

2010-06-19 15:48:10

Love the latest version.
Have you thought about implimenting a lives system, where by a player could earn extra lives?
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that it gets really annoying to have to start all over again when you've been killed, grin.