2017-12-18 06:24:33

I wish the music for when you get injured stayed at about the same volume the hole time, because their is a part that's really loud and painful, but also because it's kind of unfairly difficult that way. You pretty much can't hear anything when it happens.
Also, it seems like the chance of getting injured is pretty high, while the strength of your car is as well, so maybe lower the chance and strength, to equal out a bit? Just an idea...

2017-12-18 06:59:34

I just checked Windows defender is off so that shouldn't be blocking it. Thats what I use for a virus program or anti-virus wrather. I also went in and allowed the road of life.exe program to be added to the list of allowed apps. Still. It keeps removing it from the folder when I try to run it after extracting it. I just don't get it it was fine yesterday.

Audio game king

2017-12-18 10:17:24 (edited by User100 2017-12-18 10:19:13)

Hi again.
I think the pan problem can be caused by several ice holes, which have same area and are located closely to each other. The case is that the sound of an ice hole depends on its area: the larger the area, the more representative sound of water is used for indicating the hole. I can assume that you turned from one hole of area B and fell in second hole of area B, which was located near. But I will research the sound positioning code again to eliminate doubts.
Defender, the loud part of the music is a side effect, which I have not actually implemented, but I think that it is realistic: the player is badly wounded, he suffers from pain and blood loss, so sometimes almost loses consciousness. And the chance of getting injured is 1 per cent, that is, on average, only one bullet of those 100, which hitted the car, injures the driver. If this chanse had been less, the airplanes wouldn't have made any danger.
wp85, you would have seen my antivirus! It instantly deletes "The Road of Life.exe" as soon as I unpack the archive. Of cause, i added the file to allowed list. The antivirus now deletes it more rarely smile

2017-12-18 21:38:34

Ok I've tried everything I can think of. The clostest I can get it to working is it will open and then say this program is not responding When I close the program and try to re extract the files again, I get a message saying copying files then access denied retry button. Is their any way some could put the whole thing into a .exe file or upload the thing without zipping it? I hate being stumped like this. but I've run out of ideas.

Audio game king

2017-12-19 19:22:59

Ok So to give an update. I tried opening the road of life.exe file in WinRAR without extracting the files, the game ran for a second then froze up again. So  then tried extracting the files again, got nothing not even the intro.

Audio game king

2017-12-20 00:53:26

You imght have to add it to the windows defender exceptions before running the game. It might also be a good idea to report it as a false positive although I do't know where to do that.

2017-12-20 02:20:48

Maybe try running it from an external drive?

2017-12-20 03:12:01

This is cool

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-21 15:29:58

Hi.
I just don't get how it works. I drive, slowly or fast, and suddenly without any warning, the ice brakes. I press q to check the current minimal speed I should drive at, but the ice still brakes. I have read the section in the readme which describes this a lot of times, but I just don't get it. All those numbers confuses me... smile
Maybe a build in tutorial in the game would make things more clear? Or maybe it's just me who don't get how it works.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-21 16:08:32 (edited by musicalman 2017-12-21 16:09:00)

Q tells you about the dangerous section of thin ice coming up. AFter you get to 200 meters out, you want to be going at least 15 meters per second (press s to check that). IF you're not going 15 meters per second by the time you reach 200 meters down the road, you are likely to fall through the ice. And obviously for the thin sections of ice which you scroll through with tab adn shift tab, you want to be going even faster (q will repeat the thin section of ice you're focused on). If I become better at the game, I will try to record a walkthrough.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-12-21 23:40:47

Thank you. I'll give it a try again and see if it'll make more sense to me. I try to drive with a speed of 20 or 25 meters, but I still brake through the ice.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-22 06:47:49

I made a little demo of this, I kind of suck at it, and some of the times I don't even know why I fell through, but here you go http://anyaudio.net/listen?audio=hvYhRo4q936zn

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-22 09:24:31

ironcross32, you have often forgot to switch to third gear before the 200 meters point. This is the reason of many your failures.
About the game-over music: it is never played after falling through the ice (no matter if it happened simply on the road or on an unstable stretch). This is not a bug, this is a feature.
The recording is nice, thank you smile

2017-12-22 22:20:59

Ok so I have checked, and windows defender is turned off. Question is, Do I stil need to add it to the list of acceptions? The second thing is When I try extracting the road of life.exe using 7 zip it starts to extract, then it says error you must use a screen reader for this game, even though NVDA Is supported and it is running when I extract the files.

Audio game king

2017-12-23 09:25:33

wp85, mmm... why do you try to extract "The Road of Life.exe"? It is not an archive, it is an executable. Just run it and play the game.

2017-12-24 22:12:23

hey user 100 could you add a sonar sound in this game?
I'm finding it difficult to avoid enemy fire as well as ice holes.
I'm able to avoid cracking my tires under the ice as long as I stay on the road.
the readme says that if I wanted to avoid enemy fire I would have to rush over the road but how?

2017-12-25 10:00:11

Nick, sorry, I didn't understand your suggestion. What do you mean by "a sonar sound"?
As for avoiding enemy fire, i have written about that in post 44. A quote from it is below:

Some tricks:
- If the aircraft enters you infront or behind, try to move by spiral (left-right, left-right). If it attacks perpendicular to your course, high speed can safe you.
- While the previous tricks may decrease shooting accuracy, the following ones will decrease amount of bullets. If an airplane comes infront, it would be better to speed up. The faster you move, the faster the fighter will flies over you and stop shooting. But if an enemy is behind, you should slow down to let the airplane to fly over you.

2017-12-25 15:51:58

How do you know at what angle the aircraft are coming? In my experience, I hear them coming from the left or the right, but never from in front or behind. I guess I'm supposed to wait until they start shooting, and listen to the sound of the shooting to figure out at which angle they're going and try to move out of the way? I also don't know how to tell if they're in front or behind. There's a subtle pitch change when they're behind it seems, but it's sometimes difficult to spot.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-12-25 18:06:27

hey user100 I ment a sonar sound as in When an object is infront of you the pitch would become higher or lower When it is behind you.
the reason I said sonar sound is because I never know where the road is because my wheels keep cracking under the ice.
also, I would like a tutorial from this game because I don't know When to stop the truck at the outposts.

2017-12-26 13:49:07

raygrote, the sound of an airplane very rarely can be straight infront or straight behind, because they come with random angle in degrees, so exactly 0 or exactly 180 is only two values from 360 equally possible variants. Pay attention to the position of the sound in the stereo space (this is actually stereo, not 3D). If the sound is far to the left, the aircraft comes approximately from left; if the sound is far to the right, the airplane is coming approximately from right; if the sound is located closer to the center, it means that the enemie is infront or behind (again approximately). There is a small pitch decreasing when an object is behind of the listener, but yes, this pitch difference is hard to determ. I tried to decrease pitch more, but the result was completely unrealistic and ugly. This is BGT, folks. It doesn't support normal sound managing.

2017-12-26 14:01:52 (edited by User100 2017-12-26 14:02:43)

Nick wrote:

the reason I said sonar sound is because I never know where the road is because my wheels keep cracking under the ice.
also, I would like a tutorial from this game because I don't know When to stop the truck at the outposts.

Reread Readme more carefully, there is all information about the game world (the road and the islands). If you want more simple explanation, I have discussed some driving tricks with Defender, see posts #25 and #27.

2018-01-23 09:30:01

Just tried this one. Wow it's a tough game, though I confess vehicle driving is never something I've been good at.
It now has a db page which you can find here

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-23 16:17:00

Dark, an improvement: this game does NOT support SAPI at all. In general, it makes normal output only to NVDA, but formally I used functionality for Jaws, Window Eyes and System Access too.

2018-01-23 16:43:25

Wow I didn't realize that this game only supports one screen reader, that's not my definition of accessible. That being said, I uninstalled it and deleted everything associated with it. Yeah, I had it installed but hadn't tried playing it yet and now that I know it only supports NVDA, I never will. Shameful. If a game is going to claim to be accessible, it should be accessible to all, not just those who use one particular screen reader.

2018-01-23 17:54:05

heh, typical jaws user huffiness and attitude.

End racism
End division
Become united