2018-01-06 21:14:41

Well, it’s slightly later than expected, but here  is what you’ve all been looking forward, to (when you weren’t looking forward to hero’s call being released that is).

The time for the final results of our 2017 Christmas forum rank title competition.

See all the entries Here in this topic

A huge thanks to everyone who participated, I can say judging was definitely tough for this one, but sadly we did have to knock the 29 entries down to a top ten to create the ten new ranks.

Myself, and two other staff members (who shal remain nameless unless they wish not to be), participated in the judging, and what was interesting in that is how little commonality there was between the three judges, which I’m guessing proves we all like different things.

In the end those titles which got two or more votes ended up on the list, while the last few positions with only the one vote were decided by me and my all godly admin powers big_smile.

Anyway, before this turns into an Oskar speech here are the results:

Honourable mentions

Here are those runners up which one or other of the mods gave a single vote for. I’m afraid you don’t get any sort of prize but the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you made our day happier, ----  or at least full of more difficult choices big_smile.

Bookrage: 6-blade master from the game 6 swords.

Nocturnus, Nano Empirialist, from the game Nano empire.

Pauliyobo the topic surviver from the game Survive the wild (which interestingly enough I think had the most proposed titles along with Adventure at C:).

Lukas, Time adventurer, from (unsurprisingly, the semi abandoned game Time adventures).

Chris 17, Egghunter, from the game Super Egg hunt by Lworks.

Lord Lundin, Tactical forumite, from the game Tactical battle.

Sir badger, Rocky raider, from the game Rocky’s space invaders, (I’ll admit I rather liked this one myself).

Jason Blaze, Shadow of last hope, from the game Shadow line (I believe).

Pelantas, Clicktonian, from the game “Merry clickmas (again I rather liked this one myself).

keithwipf1, Cyber slayer from Adventure at C (I’ll admit deciding between all of these was a struggle).

Jack, Rusted Drive also from adventure at C:.

Origine, So called hero from A hero’s call.

Now, one runner up rank deserves another special mention, that is
Jaseoffire, crazy poster, from the game Crazy party, which again had several entries.

The winning top 10

And now, time to announce the winners.

All of these people earn not only the satisfaction of seeing their title be used on the board, but also a custom title of their choice which I will write out with my own hands.

10: Angel, Kingdom crafter from the game Crafting Kingdom.
As I said, several entries got a single vote and to decide the winners I had to use my Godly Admin powers. Since we like a good spread of games and platforms for the ranks, it’s nice to have an Ios entry.

9: mastodont, Red potter, Again just got the one vote, but I absolutely love the pun with this one, and Redspot has got quite a history in the community and will be getting a db entry as soon as I can sort out trying the game enough to put something together.

08: saiteja, Playroom play boy, with reference to Quentin C playroom, points for creative thinking, and hopefully ladies on the forum won’t mind being called boys for the sake of the rank.

07: keyIsFull, Pragmatic party professional, from crazy party.
Like Crazy poster, this one got two votes, but ended up getting points for alliteration and sounding cool, since after all such an awesome game as Crazy party needs and awesome rank title!

06 : ammericandad2005, Human antivirus. 2, again lots of choice for Adventure at C, and all three entries were considered, but this one is just so involved with the game and sounds so great we had to go for it.

05: pitermach, Master of mana, from the game :Manamon. And of course we need a rank for Manamon, especially one that sounds so awesome big_smile.

04: Mirage, clicker captain, Merry clickmas is now in the db and I’ll be creating a genre category for incremental clicker games, so a good rank to have.

03: RTT entertainment, seventh code hacker, from Code 7. A very new and well put together game that needs publicising, and a nice sounding rank to go with it.

02: connor142, Hero caller, from A hero’s call. It’s fairly obvious why this one needs a rank title, and we’ll be glad to add one.

And now, the absolute first place winner (although I’m afraid there is no special first place prize other than bragging rights), the only entry that all three of our judges thought was cool:
01: Ethin, Dark matter miner, from Cosmic rage, and honest I didn’t just choose this because it had my name on it :d.

Thanks again to everyone who submitted ranks, and don’t worry there will be more rank competitions in the future so more chances to earn yourself a custom title.

Note to winners

To receive your custom title, just reply to this topic with what you want your new title to be. It does not need to be based on games, if you want to be Kylo Ren’s favorite fancy pants fan boy, or snuggle bunny of furry fluffy sugary fuzzy cuteness, your welcome to be (I’m not exactly sure why you’d want to be, but hay I’m not hear to judge).

Just bare in mind there is limited space so no novels please,  since your title will be appearing on every post you make from now so nothing too offensive.

Also I’m afraid winning the competition means one title and only one. No changes, refunds or rewrites aloud, so be very certain it’s the title you want when you reply to this topic.

Once again, a big thank you everyone who took part, and keep a watch the news for our next competition.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-07 08:23:43

my custom Title: Great word adventurer, from the 1994 windows3.1 game Howy's great word adventure.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2018-01-07 08:45:32

There you go, enjoy the title.
Btw, not a game I've ever heard of there.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-07 10:21:08

To relate to my news posting role on ag.net, I'd like my rank to be "Newsbreaker". Because there's nothing better than breaking news. I guess.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2018-01-07 10:43:53

Hmmm, well I don't usually  approve of vandalism, but there you go (and given how down right miserable rl news has been recently someone breaking it would probably be a good thing).

2018-01-07 12:43:43

Well, in reference to the game HEARtREAD, I'd like my title to be "The almighty bar".

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-01-07 13:27:54

Hi, may my rank please be, the tetris  Monster master, in reference to my awesome self.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-01-07 15:47:37

@Conor, now everyone will be aware of your fondness for the cute little robot in the game HEARtREAD, either that or they'll think your a raging alcoholic :d.

@Rtd, there we go, though not sure if there were any monsters in Tetris last I checked, accept for Tetris attack of course, but all of those came from Super  World Yoshi's island.

anyway, hope you like the titles and congrats.

2018-01-07 16:50:26

My new title:
The sayer of hmm 2.0

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-01-07 20:34:36

Sadly I only have the 1.0 version over here, could you give me the latest hmmmm beta?

hmmmmm

2018-01-09 02:40:54

'tis an honor just to be mentioned and thanks to whoever liked my title. I predict Six Swords is going places and the fact that the creator is really reaching out to us here makes me optimistic.

And a big congrats to all of you who won, and Way to go on that one.

Also, I got a name picked out for another game that came out recently (not "a hero's call") up my sleeve in case we ever do this again as I see that game going places too.

2018-01-10 03:28:05

I'm kind of surprised that I got a vote.
I'm not really sure if I was expecting to win anyway, so I'm fairly happy.
Also thanks for this.

2018-01-10 14:47:03

Well, because I am not sure of a title now, I will let others to decide and I will claim one.
Well, what do you think?
What is a good title for me?
smile
Howp I will get answers.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-01-11 00:15:04

@Keith, yep, Ias I said the voting was pretty random.
I think before the next competition I will consult my fellow staff and try to make the judging a bit more formalised, since the more judges we have the better things will go and the better feedback I can give to members.

@Angel, I'm not sure what you mean. You cannot have the same custom title as someone else, that is the entire point, it is a Custom!" title, it is yours and not like anyone else's, rather the way I on these  boards am the only person who has the title of Chief defenestrator.

You don't have to rush, I can set it for you whenever you've decided what it should be.

2018-01-11 05:24:42

hello.
well a custom title is a nice gift for my tenth anniversary on this forum smile It took me a while to decide but here it is:
Rank: president of doom. Since the republic of doom seems a country so chaotic and full of people that have no idea of what they are doing I, by my own vote, will assume the possition of president. I will promise you wont regret not voting me, I will let everyone the freedom to do whatever nasty things you want if you pay your annual tax of 100000 dollars and keep your mouth shut. Don't forget to send as many gifts as you can because who knows, you might earn a possition in the inexistent government heck, you might even become the minister of chaos and lazyness one day.
with all due respect,
THE PRESIDENT.
PS: do not call me a dictator because I will get angry and send you back to your country where you'll have to abide by the law, what ever that is. big_smile

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-01-11 14:20:16

Well, I am thinking, but no ideas for now.

2018-01-12 00:26:17

Hmmm mastodont, president of doom? A little too easy to confuse you with another   president who seems heading rather doomwards at the moment, but hay I'll stop before this get political.

Enjoy your inauguration ceremony, i'd come accept that I'd love that job  minister of laziness,  and I think actually  any sort of governmental function might hurt my chances big_smile.

@Angel, fair enough, let us know when you've come up with something.

2018-01-14 18:47:24

Angel you may want to take this:
Ice writer
LOL as if you would write with ice.
Or,
Notepad leaver
Just like me leaving notepad and opening it overly.
lol I will stop nonsense, but there it is.

2018-01-22 08:03:17

We're still waiting for saiteja, Mirage and Angel to let us know what custom title they'd like, the offer is still open  please just reply in this topic.

@Angel, if you want some suggestions, how about something which reflects the name angel? for example heavenly herald, or divine messenger, or even something a little funny like senior harp player or Gabriel's tea boy big_smile.

2018-02-04 17:31:23

Well, thanks for the suggestions, I want to be:
Gamer of the heaven, correct me if I spelled wrong or something, my spelling is not the best, but it is better than in my first post and more, if you remember.
smile
I am curious what do you think of this name.

2018-02-10 12:41:00

Sorry for double post, but if you can, please change it to the custom one I specified in my other post.

2018-02-14 11:15:20

Hi Angel.

many apologies for missing your post.
your title is fixed now, actually being "related to heaven seems appropriate you being an Angel, though I would suggest either you change it to "gamer of heaven" or "gamer of The heavens" as speaking of "the heaven" is not quite grammatically correct in English.

Heaven is after all a place, and you wouldn't say "I'm from the London" in English, while "the heavens"  with an s as a  is a region rather like "the united states", or "the northlands"

so if you want the title tweaked to either "gamer of heaven", or "gamer of the heavens" let me know, though equally we're not the  grama police, and "gamer of the Heven" does sound like it has a ring to it, so if you want to keep it as is that's fair enough too.

2018-02-14 22:56:17

You can change it, I said in my previous post too, you can change it if it is spelled wrong or it has a gramar problem, cause my english is just a crap when writing, but I can translate perfectly from english to romanian without a translator, because I understand english, but my speacking is soo bad.

2018-02-15 00:34:58

Actually your English is pretty awesome considering it's not your first language, (I can tell now it's waaaaay better than my Rumanian big_smile).

I have however changed the title to "gamer of heaven" which is grammatically more correct in English as you requested.

hope you like the title and congrats again on winning the competition.

this means it's just Mirage and saiteja who need to come up with custom titles for their prize.

2018-02-15 11:19:34

Thanks alot Dark, I like the title and I am so happy because I added a new rank in the list.