2018-01-20 20:41:46

As this seems to be a pressing issue and others are having fun with it, we, Nightshade and myself, have decided to jump onto the bandwagon.  Originally, there were only the two of us, and now, thanks to the staff of ag net and donations, throughout the community, we can  and will gift 18, yes, 18 coppies of AHC to 18 people who want it.  Are you going to be one of them?  The rules of our little contest are simple, so read on if you're intrested.
There are currently 37102 registered members on the forum as I write this post.  Because of this, Nightshade and I have picked 18 numbers for you to guess between 1 and 50000, to make room for the possibility that others will want to register if they hear news either on twitter, facebook or some other site, that this game is being given away.  this range gives you, a great chance.  there are some guidelines you must follow, however:
1.  Only one guess per person.
2.  While we have no real way to police this aspect, we kindly ask you, please, to not  enter if you already own a copy of the game; give those who are less fortunate a chance to win it.  Should we discover that you already own a copy, you will!  Be disqualified!
3.  do not send your guesses to PM or through email; they must be posted within the thread and will be kept track of here.  Any guess received through email or PM will not be counted at all.
4.  while you can make the same guess as someone else if you so choose, either because you like a particular number, as my wife does, or because you're so desperate to win it and you're absolutely certain you know what the numbers are, you really should try and make as original a guess as possible.  No same number guess will be disqualified, however.  An example would be if say, posters 14 and 15 are posting at precisely the same time and come up with the number 2.  Regardless of how it happens, same number guesses will be treated as legit.
5.  the exact numbers are not needed.  The five who are picked will be picked by being the closest to the 18 numbers we have chosen.  This way the contest is treated sort of like a lottery where everyone submits a ticket.
6.  while not required, might we kindly ask you to tell us a little bit about yourself and your circumstances?  Are you living in an under developed country?  Are you under the age of 18 and living under the rule of iron fisted parents?  do they have different beliefs to your own?  If this feels too personal, feel free not to answer, as this one is seriously, not, required and will not get you disqualified, but will give us a greater understanding of you as a person and may put you in line for free gifts in the future.
the contest ends on February first, at precisely noon, Eastern standard time.  any guesses submited after this period will not be counted.  Go!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up +7

2018-01-20 20:46:57

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 20:47:45

my guess is 42.
I live in Austria and with my parents. sadly my parents don't have credit cards so they cant buy me the game.

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 20:50:20

My guess is 144.

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 21:02:03

@Warcat.
Excelent!  Hope you're going to contribute a guess, assuming you don't already have the game, that is.
At everyone else, thank you for participating so quickly!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 21:03:08

rofl thanks a lot, FF, for jumping all over the place.
I now see Warcat's guess.

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 21:37:19

Why is this in off topic, shouldn't it be in general game discussion?
It'll get much more attention that way I think.

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 21:49:46

Done.  We'll also have the redirection, because why not.
My original thinking was that this isn't actual game discussion, as it were, so much as giving it away.  That having been said, my brand of reasoning isn't the final decision, either. :d

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 21:56:49

Guess 666. 13 years old, ironfisted parents.

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 21:59:08

@10, I've been there, which is why this contest exists.

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 22:08:40

See post #17 in this topic. hmm

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

Thumbs up

2018-01-20 22:40:51

I saw that.  It doesn't keep you from being a likely participant though, if that's what you're worried about. :d

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 01:17:19

My gues is 555

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 01:39:37 (edited by gamecreator 2018-01-21 01:41:12)

my guess is 23. Finished the university but no job currently. Currently i don't have money but even if i do, no one around here trust on puting their card details on the net and i cant currently afford a debit card

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 02:25:51

My guess is 16826.

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 03:49:00

Gaming is so cool.
Follow me on Twitter @TheBlindGamer2

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 04:42:26

My guess's 74.

I live in Cambodia. And my parents already passed away. So, I live in the center for 10 years now. Since I don't have a work yet, I have no chance to buy the game. And I'm still a student, too.

Thanks.

2018-01-21 05:36:43

Nocturnus, just gotta say that I think what you and Nightshade are doing is awesome. To have been part of something that is inspiring such generosity and passion in the community is a huge honor.

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 06:43:57 (edited by josephweakland 2018-01-21 06:45:57)

greetings I am a totally blind gamer and I am from Illinois, USA. I am 41 y/o and currently live with my dad. My guess for the contest will be 37000

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 08:25:30

@Joseph ,
first and foremost, it's about the game's success in every aspect, financial included.  also, the more people who's hands I can get it into honestly and legally, the better I feel the community does overall.  There are other members of the ag net site and forum who are also striving to do the same in the background and who's names I won't mention because I don't want them being bombarded with emails or anything else of the sort owing to their desire to help out, but just be aware that this is an important matter to us here as far as we're concerned.  Because the community is a small one and every title counts as a huge effort when one takes the time to consider the vast amount of resources we have to extend just to get a title out, the least we can do is try to find inventive ways to help push us all forward rather than sitting around like a bucket full of crabs which requires no lid.  suffice it to say that this is a token of our appreciation.
At everyone else, loving the enthusiasm.  I also appreciate the honesty out here where people posting about their lives is concerned.  I once met a guy who was wearing a raggedy old t-shirt which bore two messages.  ON the front was written, "Some people claim to be homeless for extra money..."  On the back were the words, "why lye; I want beer."  I couldn't help it... I gave the guy 20 dollars because I appreciated the sincerity.

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 11:42:43

333 that is my guess

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 12:41:16

Hi,
my guess is 10300

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 14:33:49

my guess is 123. i'm 14 years old, completely blind, iron fisted parents, not enough pay pal money.

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 20:33:31

My guess is 537.
I live in İstanbul with my mother and sister, I like fantasy books very much. And I'm very exciting for this game.
but Pay Pal, unfortunately, is unavailable in Turkey

Thumbs up

2018-01-21 21:47:27

I've heard İstanbul is a nice place to do a ton of great sight seeing, and that's about it, owing to the fact that most of Turkey is ridgidly AND STRICTLY muslim and EXTREMELY controled as such, so the fact that paypal and other poppular services aren't embraced does not surprise me.
Keep them coming, champs.

Thumbs up