2017-04-08 16:12:57

I can't give you the files directly, because they came from 2d platformer.
I asked mason repeatedly where he got the step and landing sounds from so I could go and download them from the source instead of using obs to capture them from the 2dp menu, but he only responded with, "The sounds come from various sources."
I can't imagine these sounds cost money, as 2dp was free, and still is.
If you still want the sounds, I guess I can give you the ogg files I have of the steps I captured from an older version of 2dp, but I didn't capture all steps because I didn't need them all.
Regarding multi-stage projects, I believe Remnant is the only one of it's kind.
I made this to show people what could be done with the stage builder if someone really put their mind to it, but so far no one has.
If you want to make a big stage like Remnant, be my guest, and let me know if you'd like me to test it out for you.
During Remnant's development, I had the honor of having Aaron baker and his mentor trajectory listed in the aac credits as Jordan verner; sorry if I misspelled your name; do the testing for me, even if I never asked them to do so.
A few people on this forum helped
out a little as well, though most of their posts are no longer present; as they were part of the older topics for this stage.
I also know most of the stage builder bugs, and please check out my manual included with your download of remnant, or on-line in the audiogames articals room for tips.
Hope I could help.
Later!

2017-04-09 18:40:23 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2017-04-09 21:28:01)

I found the thread for 2d Platformer but can't download it. sad

2017-04-12 14:12:29

I see th you finally got 2dp and it's a new verson.
Do you still want me to give you my ogg files for the footstetps?
Later!

2017-07-04 19:57:44

Hello.
I realize this has been around forever at this point but it seems to be the way I do things--I only find them when they're years old but holy crap, this is a classic. This Remnant campaign is one of the best games I think I've ever played. I think this is good enough that if it wasn't based on the completed AAC story and used it's stage builder it could be a really good stand-alone story. I thought the voice acting was great and the way you included all those old games and even gave Super Liam a place in the line-up was stellar. I think this needs a spot on the audiogames Archive somewhere. They do have a few Adventure at C: stages, however none of those are even close to what you've built. I would like to do something of my very own like this, I actually did have the stirrings of an idea but I wanted to say thanks so much for an epic experience and one of the greatest uses of a few hours in my life. I've still not completed it but I wanted to jump on here and say thanks and it's awesome.

2017-07-05 04:13:14

Speaking of remnant, I do have some questions of my own. One, where did you get the footstepss? Can you point me to a website? Two, how did you make a scene trigger only when player presses enter. So far, I haven't found  A way to do it. Was there some code used outside of the stage builder? How did you make items have a sound when you pick them up, I mean a custom sound.  How did you edit death sounds?  How did you make a spike have a different sound.

2017-07-05 21:16:29 (edited by threeblacknoises 2017-07-07 00:35:58)

Okay, I'll field these one at a time.
Holden, thanks for your evaluation an praze.
I didn't think this stage would get as big as it did, nor that it'd take up two years of my life building, testing, debugging, ecsetra.

Amerikranian, no, their wasn't any external code used to make this stage. Everything was done exclusively through AAC's stage builder enterface.
The footsteps came mostly from an older version of 2d platformer.
I've asked mason where he got those footstep sounds multiple times, and his only reply was, "Multiple sources."
I did get a few of the footsteps from freesound.org, and if you can give me alittle time, I'll see if I can dig up the info for you, as I do believe I still have the raw files somewhere on my harddrive.
Edit: I found them.
Sirch on freesound.org for a user called yoyodaman234. He has a footstep group that has a few of the footstep sounds I used.
I can't imagine the footstep sounds in 2d platformer are paid downloads, as the game is free.
I've told mason; 2dp's developer; that I was using some of his footstep sounds from 2dp several times in order to get the sources so I could credit them properly, and he didn't say anything about not using them.
I just wouldn't use them in a project you hope to make money with...
As for events triggering when you press enter, they're just stage transitions that activate a stage with the sceen at its beginning or in some cases, just a sceen that then links to another stage.
Death sounds aren't changed, but some of the scripted event deaths are just recorded audio files.
In some cases later on in the stage, I had to go through a painstaking process of placing stage transition event tiles on most of a level just to make the custome death events play out correctly.
As for spikes, they don't actually make a new sound, they just have a new sound plaied at the same location as the spike that complements the spike sound.
And before anyone asks, timers are just rigd timebombs with a dummy virus that gets killed when the bomb explodes, and the dummy virus triggers the death event.
As for custom items, they're nothing more than sceens that play when the player steps on the item tile.
As they're just sceens, the loading message that plays whenever a sceen is triggered overrides what the game would normaly say.

Holden, if you wish, just send me a forum PM with your ideas for a custom stage, and i'll see what help and/or suggestions I can give you.
Later!

2017-07-09 23:29:38

Hay Holden, I've sent you a forum PM.
Just check your inbox located under private messages at the top of any page once you're logged in.
I had trouble getting thunderbird to send the reply using the audiogames mailer, so I sent it as a forum PM instead.
Later!

2017-07-30 06:47:55

i think it would be great to have some more checkpoints or ways to get more lives later on. spoiler potentially, on the path of truth in the area with all the teleporters there are so many choices that you would use up all your lives investigating them even if you did not have the cheat sheet. also in the bonus stage of the ship the time limit is fine but i agree wiht an earlier poster who said the platforms sound too sinct together to distinguish how far they are. I managed to beat this challenge once or twice. Or last but not least if you get past a certain point it would be nice to access this stage, say either the truth castle or the lies castle from the main menu. not sure how that feature would work if it even can but just an idea. But its a great game man and i hope you produce more projects.

2017-07-30 14:44:51 (edited by threeblacknoises 2017-07-30 14:52:53)

Hay Bigdog, glad you finished remnant!
I'm not sure if I'll ever do any other stages for AAC, at least not of this length, as this took 3 years of my life to finish.
It's not even complete, as life happened to Aaron baker, so the voice acting is not finished.
Regarding the secret ship stage, I can't do anything about the platforms,as they are custom sounds, and all PCs load them a little differently, depending on specs like processor speed and the like.
As for going directly to path of truth or lies, that would be kind of hard, but you can always get to lies just by accessing chapter 3 and just jumping into the void once going right.
I do, however, have one last idea for a secret in remnant.
I didn't know how or where to add it, or even how to execute it, but I think I might now.
Also, if other people finish my stage and want to make an attempt at something like it; as in feature set and the like; then my work is done, as this was just a way to teach about the stage builder feature set and how to use it.
I never expected it to get so populare!
Later!

2017-07-31 03:13:57

it was well done. i did die on the path of truth when trying to jump to all those teleporters but great game all the same. Here's hoping more is added in the future.

2018-01-07 01:41:15

Hi,

I'm very interested in the water-sounds used somewhere in chapter 1, when, I think, the Charactor walks in Water, and also, when he swims in Water later. Can you send me the ogg-files for all the water-sounds used, or can I download them somewhere?

Regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

2018-01-07 09:58:05

Now I've checked it. The sounds, I'm talking about is in the stage right after the dark World in chapter 1: the stage starting with a big fire with platforms.

2018-01-08 00:31:09 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-01-08 13:11:28)

I'll do you one better.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi … 9696835565
Those are all the step sounds I copied out of 2d platformer that were used in Remnant, directly out of my Remnant ogg source folder.
Also, the water sounds you want are labled as swim.
Hope that helps.
While I'm here, I expect a final update to Remnant to come shortly.
I have acquired some human voice acting to replace espeak.
That, and their are a few small editions and bug fixes that will be included in the update as well.
I'm just waiting for the voice acting to get done.
Later!

2018-01-11 22:06:35

I've downloaded the file now. Thanks.

2018-01-19 18:05:41

Oh, and another questions.

I can remember a time I played remnant, and I can remember, that I was in an area, where the speaker sudenly said something, that my shadow should hear, and then it said something to my, like: And if you, "my name" hear this, do something (I can't remember what it said). I've plaied remnant multible times after that, but I can't find. Does someone know, what I'm talking about, and how I can get to it Again?

Regards:
Aksel Christoffersen

and sorry for my bad English, it's not my first language.

2018-01-19 23:02:31

Was this your SAPI voice speaking to you?
Was their no music and wind in the background?
If so, this is probably the part where the shadow of your main character leaves a note for Remnant explaining that he left some things for Remnant that would help him defeat
the main character.
You'd then find a steel data blocking you from getting to some items that you can hear on your right.
This part confused many a player, because normal stage progression was achieved by going right.
At this point you had to go left, and; after back-tracking through all the stuff you just came through to get to this spot; you'd eventually find the beginning of chapter 3.
I put this in as an optional secret that players could find if they went right at the end of chapter 2, just after defeating the shadow for the final time.
I can't think of anything else this could be, especially seeing as this part is easy to miss if you know to head left after defeating the shadow.
Later!

2018-01-19 23:06:13

Yes, it was the sapi-voice, but I can't remember the other Things. But I'll play it later, and write here, when I know, if it's it.

2018-01-19 23:52:26

Yes, it was right.
Thank you.

2018-01-27 01:14:02

I can't get past the pits in the dark world dungen. can someone please help me?

2018-01-27 01:39:01

Does anyone have a completed save of AAC? Don't want to have to beat the game again just to play this.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-03-22 20:10:55 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-03-23 22:58:28)

Just posting this here...
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi … 8249581761
Note to all; I'm not going to give a release date for the new update yet, but it will be finished before the end of the year at the vary latest.
Their won't; however; be an update file this time, just a complete build which I'm going to try and get the audiogame archive to host so yall won't brake my dropbox, again...
Oh, and stirlock, I saw your post about wanting an AAC save, but as you can hear from the file above, Remnant is going through a major update, so you should have time to go through aac again, but you don't really need to.
As long as you have finished the main game, not the postgame, you should be fine.
You won't have the cyberstar, but you can still Play Remnant without it; that is; if you really want to play the out-of-date version...
Later!

2018-03-27 22:33:09

Hi,
I am absolutely loving Remnant so far, on chapter 2.
However I do have a question about the builder, in fact a few, but I'll start with the most important one for me, although I am wondering how advanced this is.
Firstly how do you create a hub world that lets you press enter to go to different stages?
Yet, the second part of that is, teleport pad that didn't change the music yet took you to a different location, and then when back to the hub the teleporter vanished?
Of course there's chapter announcements and things but honestly that can come later. The hub is the thing that intrigues me at the moment, and I am hoping it's something I can practice with, without having to unlock too much.

2018-03-29 00:31:51 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-03-29 00:33:11)

aaron, the hub isn't really a feature programmed into the builder itself.
In fact, most of Remnant is actually rigged.
I don't mean that in a bad sence of the word, but; to use your example...
To make a hub area where you press enter on a spot to get to another level, you only need add a stage transition and tell the builder that the player should press enter on the spot to activate the transition,which loads the new level.
Now, when you go back to the hub, that's actually an entirely different level. I just added sound sources and move steal datas around to make it seem like it was the same area even though most of it is pretty much cloned from a base level I made at the start with the different game sound sourses and the like.
Fun fact, Aaron baker did actually try to make a hubb level system in the stage builder at my request, but that caused so many bugs that he and I decided to abandon the concept.
With regard to the teleporters,
That's actually vary tricky, but the gyst is this.
when placing a teleporter you tell the game to make it start moving at a position after at takes the player somewhere.
So in the first hub level for example, the teleporter starts moving once you land ont and arrive at your destenation, or somewhere around their.
This causes it to move out of the first area you can access, vary rapidly.
Now at the same time, another teleporter, placed where you arrive, starts moving at about the same time you reach the extra life, That's why its waiting for you when you start heading back.
Once you take that teleporter, it sends you back to the beginning, but the first teleporter is no longer their because it jumped ahead passed the steal data blocking your way forward.
It's actually somewhere near the Metroid level sound source, but you can't get their, or you'd probably land on it and mess everything up.
Your brain fried yet?
I don't blame you, because it took me about a week to get that working properly.

Well, that took about 10 minutes to write, but I hope it helped you out.
PS: don't get used to espeak, he's gone in the new update. and replaced by a real person.
Later!

2018-03-29 02:59:22

Hi,
@Threeblacknoises thank you for the info. Wow, it looks like I was right about how returning to the hub worked after a level, so I was already on the right track for that.
The teleporter thing is completely new to me though and also equally interesting. However I'm wondering if we could describe it with an example.
mini
spoiler
ahead
for
first
hub
When I enter the first teleporter, at location 18, I am put at location 61. The teleporter, back to the hub, is already on the left when I am at 61. The extra life is to the right.
So, my curious side came out. Firstly, tried just going left back into the teleporter, from my current location 61. Nothing seemed to change, mario was on the right, and low and behold, the teleporter was unchanged too, location 18. So, back in I go, and land on61. However, move a few steps toward the extra life, and then go back to the hub, and the teleporter started moving indeed, because this time, it chaced me! But I am wondering, how does the player, at 65 or whatever, not hear the teleporter moving, and also, when does this second moving teleporter, if any, come into play? I don't quite get that one because when I arrive at 61, there's already a teleporter on the left that goes back to the hub.
Does it just put you right outside of the teleporter's sound range?

2018-03-29 06:46:48

aaron, you were correct about the sound range, because that's exactly what it does.
As for your other question, you do have to actually commit to going right before the teleporters do their dance.
I did this so a player wouldn't be screwed out of collecting the bonuses if they went back through the teleporter before collecting anything.
So, that's why they don't move directly after you exit the first teleporter.
I'm actually glad someone is finally asking questions about how this works, because that's the exact reason I made Remnant in the first place, to show people what the AAC stage builder could do.
It just, kind of, blew up bigger than I ever expected a proof of concept demo to.
Their is actually a vary detailed manual I wrote and included with Remnant that explains how the stage builder works.
Whenever you decide to start playing with it, do just that, play with it.
Don't start out with a big vision, just make dumb levels that you never intend to publish and go crazy!
At least, that's what I did.
Most of the things you'll se in Remnant, and read about in the manual, I found out just by playing around and going, "Hmm, wonder what'd happen if I did this?"
Later!