2010-06-16 18:19:42 (edited by keyIsFull 2011-05-08 00:27:38)

This is probably my best game yet! Side scroller (what a original name!) version 2.0. In this game you play through 4 exciting levels of fast thrilling action, and then you go on to fight the first boss. New levels and other features are constantly being added. The link is RIGHT HERE!
download and discuss here!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-06-16 19:40:11

well i managed to finally beat the game today!
after several potions, a close shave with a bolder. and some insanely quick jumping /avoiding blades and pits, i did it!
great job,

2010-06-16 23:11:48

Hi Keyisfull
I tryed your side scroller game and I have to say: Man, that's great and funny. At the first level, I am an expert now, I think. The second one is harder. Cool game. I have problems with your other games. I installed and tryed it on another computer, too but get some error Messages. Could you make the next versions of the other games installable? Maybe, there could be the problem because the side scroller works.
A suggestion: If you add more bosses and levels and such, it could be usefull if it's possible to save and load games.

2010-06-16 23:35:12

what errors?

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2010-06-17 05:13:56

have a major problem
I got BGT, started the game, my sapi says select an item, but I can't do anything

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2010-06-17 10:24:19

is your screenreader unloaded?

2010-06-17 10:34:16

Screen readers often directly catch keyboard input, since games equally often catch keyboard input in a similar manner this can cause issues.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-06-17 10:45:15

hey cx2 you should check my game out.

2010-06-17 11:59:41

FOr all of you who like the game, a new version of side scroller, 2.2 is out. The link is http://www.4shared.com/file/6fiq3Nu5/sidescroller.html

2010-06-17 14:04:12

DD make sure to unload your screen reader before starting the game. I was having the exact same problem, and spent the better part of a day trying to figure it out. No one should have to go through that! lol

Audio game king

2010-06-17 15:01:32

Since I've been using NVDA as my primary screen reader for the last month or so, a feature that I really like is that it doesn't catch keyboard input and interfear with games. In other words, I can just hit NVDA + S to silence speech, and that's it.

2010-06-17 16:32:52

kay I'm an idiot
XD

2010-06-17 16:36:22

how do you like the game?

2010-06-17 16:39:32

its good, but I think it'd be easier to some people if we had warnings
I'm utter crap at getting pits centered that's why I always get killed in super liam level 6
and I kept falling into pits

2010-06-17 18:12:39

what's new in this version man?

2010-06-17 21:18:14

I know I've said it before, but this pit and blade bug still exists. I just had a game where I had a blade and a pit close together. I took two steps to the right to avoid the blade, and fell down the pit.

2010-06-17 22:02:17

agreed on that point! its still there!

2010-06-17 22:57:19

Get a spine; sometimes things in life aren't fine.

2010-06-17 23:31:20

but its a bug man

2010-06-17 23:47:47

I found this bug, too. And the error messages are compilation errors. For example in Glaggo:
File: C:\ program files (x86)
\BGT\include\learngamesounds.bgt
line: 0 (0)
Error: Failed to open script file in path:
C:\program files (x86)\BGT\include
That's the message and it's the same style of error in the other game.  What is wrong here?

2010-06-18 00:12:07

And here's another thing, wich is a bug I think. In the new version I picked up an Evade blades item and this protection never stops after finding the item.

2010-06-18 00:16:46

the x86 thing is probably because you are using win 7. I don't know how to fix it; i don't have win 7. And about the eavde blades, you probably have an older version. Make sure you have v2.2 installed nick.

2010-06-18 00:29:20

what's new in 2.2?

2010-06-18 00:57:39

A buynch of new sounds, plus a 6th level.

2010-06-18 01:59:01

yay!
getting it now