2018-01-19 00:44:52

Hello, I am curious, what applications you prefer to use on android? I use be my eyes, tap tap see, eye-d, duolingo, goodreads, zedge, viber and  whatsapp. twitter doesn't seem very...ok, I don't know... is there a more accessible version of twitter, or instagram or Facebook you recommend? What about camera apps, or image recognition ones?

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2018-01-19 01:36:55

I use all the apps you mentioned Except for viber. + I have magisk manager (needed for systemless root), adm pro, telegram, auto tts, lantern (for bypassing firewalls and blockade  of websites), bluedict (a verry powerful dictionary), smart audio book player, nearby explorer, frinkie music controler (this one is really interesting. It allows me to change music without unlocking screen, using volume keys), quick tts (useful for users of voice assistant. It allows the tts options to be opened using an icon), and voicedream reader plus a few local apps. I used to have knfb reader as well, but I haven't installed it yet after last factory reset

:)

2018-01-19 04:04:21

This is a good topic. I use high Q mp3 recorder, nearby explorer, next radio and youtube and google play music. I just recently switch to android full time from an iPhone.  I don't know a good twitter client for android. Same for facebook.  Also, if you like FM radio you could see if your phone is compatible with the next radio app. It has unlabeled buttons so it could use some work. But if you don't mind that, it is serviceable.

2018-01-19 10:11:45

Austingrace,
Nice, thanks for the apps! I think I found an application for twitter. There are a few unlabeled buttons. I sent them a mail and they will try to fix it. It is called tweetcaster.
ST.MC,
Thanks for the apps! I should check telegram out. I hope that with this post all of us will find new applications to try. Hopefully the others will suggest some apps we didn't even knew existed.

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2018-01-24 09:03:09

I recently got back to using android, and found my old xiaalive shoutcast and other free internet radio directory app is still updated. I use tactile player free for the volume control thing, but I'll have to try your controller out. I use pulsar audio player now, but I want to find one that lets me play folders with subdirectories. When I tell this one to sort things by folders, it doesn't give me the stuff I have on my sd card.
As for next radio, I wonder if anyone has made button labels for that. I use it, but when i tell it to play normal radio, it only goes to my right ear for some reason. I have talkback, but I sometimes think the default voice assistant has some extra features like turning off audio anywhere. I also use netflics on this phone. My phone came with so many silly apps pre-installed though. I don't think I can get rid of most of them.

2018-01-24 15:15:15

@Arcadia, you should give Music folder player ago. Maybe it helps you play music in the sub directory. Plus, it is very accessible too.

2018-01-30 02:42:27

I got pulsar to play the folders. I realized I have to click the elipsis thing at the top to go back. I understand why they did that, it's just different then what I thought I should do.

2018-01-30 03:27:46

A great app I use for unlabeled buttons is audex. I love that thing, super useful.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-01-30 05:26:19

Tweetings is a good app for android but its $2.99, well worth it though.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-30 20:29:54

I just installed audex, but I see nothing labeled when I have unlabeled buttons, no matter the app, and it is turned on. Any ideas? Using android 7. And thanks everyone for sharing what you use, keep going!

2018-02-01 00:31:24

Hmm...Duo for voice calls, answering whatsapp calls is just a huge huge huge pain, tap tap see, audex (i love the sounds), SwiftKey for keyboard (for some reason i like this one), and i think that's about it.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

2018-02-01 19:51:01

Any chance of seeing AI getting to  android?

2018-02-01 22:07:18

With Talkback 6.1 (now available,) Audex at least for auto labling buttons, is not necessary. See Talkback Settings>Verbosity>Speak Element Type.

You can also use an app called "Blindo":
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=en
, which is a "Social Media" app for premade labeling packs uploaded by users.

I also use "Nex Tradio," "Podcast "Addict," "Tweetings," " "IHeart Radio," "Tune In," Facebook Messenger," "Facebook," "Duo," "Allo,"and especially
Anchor FM
, for broadcasting content.
I have a station on the Anchor FM platform called "Sun Realms Radio" over at:
http://sunrealmsradio.com
, if you'dlike to check it out.

Don't forget to "Favorite" it if you like it. Applauding is also appreciated .

BTW, Sarah "aka" Ke7zum, created labels for Anchor if on Android herself, if you wish not to use the auto labeling approach. I prefer the Android app over the IOS one to be fair.

2018-02-01 22:10:34

I've not tried swift key on android, but I dislike it on iOS, it is verrey laggy with the voice feedback, and the keys are too far apart.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-01 23:15:24

Swit key on Android is quite good actually.

2018-02-02 02:10:25

I also use nearby explorer, SmartLense, my tuner radio, tunein radio, knfb reader, xfinity stream, and tubio cast web videos to tv.

2018-02-02 12:53:43

Ill try the blindo app, thanks!

2018-02-05 17:07:49 (edited by pulseman45 2018-02-05 17:14:28)

Actually, I have a question about Audex. In fact I can't enable it. When I try to on my OnePlus 5T, it says that the authorisation demand is masked by an application and that it is impossible to enable Audex from settings. Sorry for the rough translation, as my phone runs in French.
Is there something I should check before trying to enable it?

2018-02-05 17:35:38

The translation it's ok don't worry! What you need to do is to make sure that your screen is not dimmed. Make sure that talkback isn't set to dim the screen and that some light can be seen on the screen

2018-02-05 23:22:17

hello,
Is majisk accessible?
I've always used super su
Thanks

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2018-02-06 12:18:25

@19: Thanks, it worked.
Also, I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask this, but what was shared so far in terms of sound schemes? I know the Voice Assistant scheme has been shared on the eyes-free group, but I couldn't find much besides that. I also wish they kept the old Inovex scheme for choice instead of replacing it completely.

2018-02-06 15:56:34

I use the following apps:
- @Voice alow reader to read
Acapela tts
All That Recorder to record
Apk Estractor lite
Blackmart as an alternative store
ETY-Eloquence TTS
Firefox Beta to open facebook or any other social network
GoneMAD Music Player or EZ Folder player as audio players
Gravity Box to customize my android
Grenifi to save system resources
ICS Dialer + as a maind dialer
SD Maid to clean the system
Shine Plus as the main screen reader
Titanium Backup
Wifi Pro FTP server for file transfers from the PC
ViPER4AndroidFX as a general equalizer

2018-02-06 16:34:42

@guiador wow thanks, most of the applications you listed, never heard about them. I will check them out now

2018-02-07 03:32:48

Hmm so lets see. All the stock google stuff (chrome, gmail, youtube etc)
Next page has all the galaxy stuff along with a bunch of microsoft apps. Word/Powerpoint/excel/one drive/skype
Next page is where a lot of my custome stuff starts.
Facebook and messenger, Spotify, Google home companion app, Netflix, Twitter, eSpeak TTS app, HQ trivia (sadly not really playable) though I'm going to contact them eventually and see if there's anything they can do to help because there's really just 1 main issue)
Uber and Uber eats, the Cricket Australia app, BeSpecular and soundcloud.
eBay, dropbox, what's app, tap tap see, get there, the official Australian football app, podcast addict, reddit, for fellow Aussie's the TPG ISP app (seriously don't even bother, not useable on either droid or iOS)
a couple of my banking apps, the touch control companion app for hearing aids that support it, Go Catch which is another Aussie app for cabs and such, the Epson iPrint app, a couple more Samsung things.
the ABC iView app for ABC australia. Seek jobs, (another Aussie thing) Shazam, Paypal, Trip View, Vaya (those last 2 being more Aussie things) then both the Ticwatch and Android wear apps because I'm considering checking out Android wearables just for fun.
I know that was probably an overly spesific list, but hey I have a lot of time to kill ::P

2018-02-07 03:57:37

@post 13:
Dude you are an absolute lifesaver. I'm still pretty new to Android, and I was always always seeing unlabeled button in so many places. That element type setting has literally fixed all of those that I've seen so far. I might have seen something about it in the changelog but if I did I totally forgot about it. This has actually made my day