2018-01-18 03:59:28

Hi.
I'm a new hero's call player here. I'm just starting out and was wondering how you complete the quest in the haunted bedroom in the tavern? I've examined everything in the room and can't figure how you finish the quest. Can you help me please?

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-01-18 04:10:52

Ambro86, I don't have much to say about the navigation that hasn't already been said. While I understand what you're saying, in theory, at the end of the day you can't simply flip a switch and say "Navigation Option 2 is available." Because the two options are fundamentally different perspectives. The perspective of the game is first-person, not third-person. You exist in the same space as the main character. Could we make the a third-person navigation mode? Yes, but it would not be the game we designed, because we designed a first-person game. If you prefer to navigate in a top-down third-person mode, we have provided this option by allowing you to explore the map in this perspective. But for actually exploring the world—interacting with things, hearing the sounds around you, walking through locations—third-person navigation isn't an option because that's not the way the game is designed.

Now to pick up a few things that have been asked or mentioned:

@rtt entertainment, regarding retreating from battle: It sounds like you are failing to retreat. Retreat isn't always a sure bet—sometimes you can't get away. There's a somewhat random chance, influenced by your speed and the speed of your enemies. The game is supposed to announce when you fail to retreat but it's possible that if you're not using the battle log, that announcement isn't being spoken.

@ZK, regarding enemies and level caps: Yeah there were a couple of enemies with level caps that slipped through the net. Bandits are the worst as they pretty much are impossible to find after level 42 or so—this will be fixed in an update. Wolves can still be found as buddies of other units, but you have to be in the right places and they aren't very common. We actually may need to figure out a way around this for Madeline's quest, since the design of that quest assumed that you would hang on to any wolf pelts you might get, until you trigger the quest—didn't take into account the New Game + idea, which was added later.

@ogomez92, regarding Linarrio Mausoleum: ***Pro-tips*** Sometimes, people in Farhaven will have as good of answers, or better, than people on the forums for your questions. If you are trying to figure something out, it doesn't hurt to ask people who might have a reason to know about it. Want to know something about the mines? Why not ask a miner, or a miner''s wife. Wondering about some religious matter? See if the priest has any advice. Trying to figure out how to get into Linarrio Mausoleum? Maybe ask someone with the last name Linarrio. We have really tried to reward you for asking around—you'll be surprised the practical hints you can get from talking to people.

@Lord Lucius, regarding tricky sound with multiple campsites: Ooh good catch. We may be able to tweak the audio there to make that more distinctive. I'll add it to the list.

@Jayde, regarding final boss level: Technically the final boss does level with you, as much as any units are able to level. The actual situation with difficulty scaling is a bit more complicated and, while I won't go into details, the boss will ideally track with you but there comes a point when you're going to start outpacing him, and leaving him farther and farther behind the higher your level is. I've never been thrilled with this but we never came up with a better alternative, so there you go.

@nidza07 and Defender, regarding Mysteries of Deepwood **minor spoilers*** The location of this item actually isn't fixed. There are a handful of locations it might show up in. Just don't want anyone getting frustrated when they're told "It's here" and then it isn't there for them.

@BlindNinja #1175: Lol.

2018-01-18 04:50:42

Greetings all.

I did use the search feature and nothing came up. Firstly regarding leveling, I take it there is no limit to how much you can level? If that's the case, what is the maximum level you can acquire a skill/spell providing you've purchased everything? Is there anything beyond level 50? The reason I ask is that I want to obtain everything before multiclassing.

Secondly, does leveling actually increase the damage you do or is that purely determined by your stats, spell/skill ranking and armor/weapon ratings? The reason why I ask is because if level does play a part in that, I'd want to level as much as possible before starting a new game.

Thirdly, how is experience to next level calculated? Is there ever a point where theoretically it would be a waste of time to try to level up because the mobs just don't give you any decent experience? Also, when you do eventually multiclass, can you still find say meteoric shields just lying around or will he equipment go back to being what you'd find if you were truly level 1? The reason I ask is because if that's the case then it'd be best to get what you want before multiclassing.

Finally, if you multiclass back into your old class, do you still keep everything you've learned and are you still at level 100 or do you have to learn it again and you're at level 1? If you don't forget anything but you're at level 1, theoretically if you're a mage, you can select another attunement and still keep heatwave if you don't forget anything.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2018-01-18 05:30:07

Hi everyone,

Just a quick notice that, as of a few minutes ago, we've had our first instance of suspending an AHC account because of it being activated on too many different devices, without explanation. I don't like doing this, and am hoping that this was a simple misunderstanding—time will tell, I suppose. So this is just a reminder that if you are distributing your account information so that other people can play the game, that will not be tolerated—however, if we do notice suspicious account activity (whether or not you're in fact doing anything wrong) we will reach out to the email address in question to express our concerns and ask for clarification about why it is being activated on so many machines. It's very important that you respond to this message if you get it, otherwise you risk your account being suspended if the number of machines continues to increase. As always we're happy to answer questions and to discuss any unique situations—after all, we don't want to prevent anyone from rightfully enjoying the game.

2018-01-18 06:11:26

Leave it to people to try to cheat small companies who spent years working on a game, and who charged a reasonable price for it. sad

I do have a question though, does it track by machine, or by IP address? I'm wondering if that would explain the issues I was having the other day where it kept de-registering itself. I was using the same machine, but was connected to different wifi networks. Although I had played it while not at home prior to that without any problems.

2018-01-18 06:21:53

I don't like the account system at present; I'd rather buy it again if I need to activate it on another computer. I don't think £16 is too much to ask to avoid something like this in the future. I'd rather be able to install it on thousands of computers if I desire with the proviso that you'll have to purchase the game each time you install. Clearly, a lot of time and effort has been put into the game, not to mention the most excellent voice acting.

There are 2 ways you could go about this because I absolutely hate restrictions in any way. The first method is to tie each purchase to an Email address instead of of the present account system and give each Email address associated 3 keys; that should be more than enough if you want to install it on a backup system. If you want anymore keys, you'll have to buy it again and I believe this is the most fare way of doing it. The second way is to use a local key generation system and you'll have to input that key before purchase. As soon as payment is complete, inputting that key into the game will unlock it and it's a 1 time deal; if you want to do it again, you'll have to purchase again. The rule of thumb here is, no purchase and you don't get to play and I'd rather pay £16 each and every time for unrestricted privileges. Not only that but I'd be willing to pay £16 for other game privileges such as purchasing higher stat caps and expertise as well as attribute points without leveling if such a thing could be implemented. If we can pay to do what we want, everyone will be happy and you won't lose out either.

2018-01-18 06:57:01

@Joseph: I'm glad to see that you actually take action and do something about this... I thought about what was happening if people did things like that, and I was worried if you would be able to track this... So, there you go, thief's and crackers... You got what you asked for...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-18 07:07:33 (edited by Loxias 2018-01-18 07:14:04)

@Bashue: You talk about not liking restrictions, yet your idea of only one install ever per purchase is far more restrictive than almost anything out there. Even JAWS isn't that restrictive. That would be terribly unfair to people who have more than one computer, or who want to get a new computer and must now spend the extra $20 on top of whatever the cost of the computer is. I for one would have refused to purchase the game if I knew I would have to purchase it again for any new computer I may get in the future. That would also be horribly burdonsome to the people we're specifically trying to stop from pirating the game, because when they finally manage to pay for the game, if anything ever goes wrong with their computer, or if they got a new one, they have to do that all over again.

As for paying for extra attribute points or whatever, that would be extremely game-breaking and would ruin the entire spirit of how the game was designed to be played. Sure, it's a single-player game so it wouldn't ruin it for people who don't want to spend the extra, but I'm sure the game developers would still prefer not to do that.

2018-01-18 07:32:29 (edited by MikeFont 2018-01-18 07:58:44)

Hi all, I am really enjoying this game! Thanks a ton for making this type of game, with this first player perspective, I love it! Thanks again!
Anyway I can go on and on with all the things I like about AHC, but I will just ask my question. I too am having a heck of a time finding those ambush spots, feels like I've been all over that map thrice over! Lol here is my problem for the moment.
I have found all the rune stones and laid the boss to rest, but Liam has yet to meet me where he told me. What am I missing?
Thanks for any help with this.

2018-01-18 07:49:01

Greetings loxias.

I understand where you're coming from and I'm not dismissing the points you make. I believe Munawar actually implemented a similar system but instead of an account system, you had a computer specific key which was a one time use only deal for that computer. However, you can request additional installs if the one you're using was somehow corrupted for some reason. If however you were asking for a key for another computer pretending it was the one you originally purchased the key for then 2 courses of action could be taken. Either you had to purchase the game again for that new computer or you will not be entertained in the future encase you tried to pull that trick again. I'm referring to treasure hunt. A little less restrictive than the idea I had but it worked. It's true I hate restrictions with a passion and what I'm proposing seemingly contradicts my statement. That's also the reason why I also offered an alternative idea where by you can purchase 3 keys instead of 1 and tie it to your Email address. That idea would be the most fare one to implement.

2018-01-18 08:15:29

hi,
But but but. Remember that if you for any reason, replace major components on your pc, you will need a new key, which needs more work.
Joseph, my internet service provider has several IP ranges. Furthermore, in Turkey providers are universally adopting CGN. I am concerned about this being flagged as multiple devices when I get the game.  Is there the risk of this happening? I can remember at least 3 distinct IP ranges of my provider.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-18 09:26:42

I'm glad you can track this stuff, Joseph. I should only try activating on one more computer in the future, but we'll see. I'm sorry people are already trying to swindle you out of well-deserved funds for this and future games. You've done and are doing a really amazing job. I plan on promoting the game on Tumblr once the graphics update comes out so my sighted friends can possibly invest in it. big_smile

2018-01-18 09:46:56

Thanks for the info joseph, am loving the game

2018-01-18 10:05:15

@joseph
Yeah I think 3 computers, tied to machine ID is completely reasonable for 90 percent of people.
I don't know how devs are doing unique keys now-a-days... Because even if you generate one using a combination of bios, MOBO, and CPU identifiers only, which would avoid like 75 percent of component upgrades, you would still run into the problem of really popular combinations, especially premanufactured desktops.
IP range is probably? still worse though...
But if you can find a way, than I think you could avoid allot of misery.

2018-01-18 11:57:36

Hi Joseph, thanks for your answer and I was guessing that the book location is not the same each time since one of my friends told me the exact coordinates and it was not there for me, though the fact that it can be in any place doesn't really help me to find it. Is it really any place? Possibly only the forest or the city?

2018-01-18 13:43:47

aHere is what I was thinking about the whole key system. The keys is handled by having a blind gamers account right? How about this, unauthorizing the oldest computer on the list? Maybe have the list be about three to five computers long, and the key be based on some kind of hardware link instead of IP? Yes, this requires the game to check the net from time to time, but this is the best I can think of at this time. Maybe have it check for any updates during the process? Just wondering…. I hate it when people try to steal something this good.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-01-18 14:21:03 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2018-01-18 14:22:16)

Hi.
Well, what do you guys expect? When a product is popular, it gets more and more atention.  and due to it's popularity, the product draws in more and more people, often with good, but also, as you see it here, quite shady intentions.
Regarding a key or account system, I would suggest creating a management program of some sort where you can see all the activated games which run under your account, with the session which ran last beeing displayed on top of the list, it would be good if you could name every session so you can see which computer the game ran on.
I would say if you get a new machine or, want to install the game on a fourth computer, you would have to deactivate one computers license so you can use it for the new machine.
Imagine it as a slot system, you have three different slots where you can put in activated games,  if you have a new system, deactivate one of them and put the new game into the slot.
In my eyes, this would be the best solution for everyone.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-01-18 15:00:33

Sorry for asking so many times, but here goes.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
I have enough evidence to reveal the conspiracy to the Goblin King. If I plant the letters somewhere he might discover them, I could plunge the goblin society into turmoil.
A bit of vocabulary problem actually. Does "plant the letters" mean putting the letters I've found somewhere so that the Goblin King can eventually find the plan that might kill himself? Assuming that was the correct meaning, I tried revisiting Goblin king's tent, but nothing happened. How should I proceed?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-01-18 15:30:27

Hey everyone.
So, I due have another question regarding the mines.
I have completed the deep wood part of the quest by now, and I am now stukc in the mines.
Spoilers ahead!
I have ttaken out the leaders of the stalactide encampment, the stony crag encampment and the sunken pid encampment.
If I am not mistaken, I am missing the echoing casam encampment, but, quite frankly, i can't find it, i explored the subteranian road and looked virtually everywhere, but I ocouldnt find anything.
Can someone give me a hint where I could look for the missing encampment?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-01-18 15:48:45

@1193, Yes, you're right, it means exactly what you think it means, and the location where you should put the letters is very close to the king's sleeping chambers, and it's actually rather obvious, especially if you've done the main quest for the mines.
@1194, The encampments are all along the subterranean road. Echoing Chasm is the closest to the Great Bridge. If you start from the Stalactite Cavern encampment, go west, listen for openings and you should find it.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-01-18 15:58:50

Thanks LordLuceus! Actually I've already completed the main quest, so I have to remember conversations while subdueing goblins at the mines. Also I'm a kinda worrying if I broke the family legacy quest because the family I'm refering lost one member as you know. I completely missed how to triggar that one. Anyway, I'll try to figure out where to put the letters.

2018-01-18 16:36:20

@nyanchan, regarding Family Legacy
SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT!
That particular member of the family being dead is okay, he has nothing to do with Family Legacy. Have you taken the books in his study? If so, go to the Adrianus mausoleum with Gwen with you and the quest will trigger.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-01-18 16:43:49

Yay, I just triggered it! I thought I had read all the books, but yeah, I missed something. I might have closed the book prematurely. Also I found where to put the letters right after Iposted the previous message here. Thanks again!

2018-01-18 16:50:37

Hi all, I have a question to ask.
spoilers:
I have look for the mystory of deepwood in both the towers and the ruin fort, but I can't find them. will it be available somewhere else apart from these 3 places?
spoiler end.

Thank you.

2018-01-18 22:29:17

Replying to topics rather than individual users this time. But first, a general note: it continues to be so good to see how much generosity and kindness this game brings out in people—whether that's buying it for others, or helping out with hints and the like. It's just cool to see people coming together around something we did.

Regarding "Mysteries of Deepwood": There are four possible locations this item can show up in. All four are significant landmarks that you can "see" from the ancient road in the Deepwood Ruins. I don't like to give away specifics, but I will at least tell you all that much.

Regarding IPs and DRM: For those of you who don't have a static IP, I don't think you have to worry about it showing up as a bunch of different devices being registered. Also no, those of you who are having the game de-register on you for whatever reason, you're not showing up as installing it on a zillion machines. We still aren't quite sure why that's happening though.

Oh, and let's maintain the benefit of the doubt and hope that nobody is trying to share the game illegally or anything. Like I said, we're waiting to hear from the user in question—it's possible that there is a valid reason for the multiple installations.