2018-01-16 16:23:23

I'll make this short and sweet.

once upon a time there was a diminutive, darling little cute fairy called miss snuggle sugarkins who lived inside a pink rose bud in sunny honeysuckle tree gardens. She stood no bigger than a person's thumb, and had darling little fuzzy butterfly wings with hearts on them, and usually wore a pink tootoo and a pair of slippers made from soft pink spider silk sewn with good dreams.

She spent all day working very hard, gathering  smooth golden nectar from all the flowers in order to mix up hyper sweeties of ever lovely sweet dreams which she'd give to all the kiddywincles to make them happy, (they always came back for more and more and more).

One terrible day however, she was  indicted by the world health authority and evicted from honey suckle tree gardens, since the W H O had noticed that the rates of childhood obesity, diabetes and gum disease were seven thousand percent higher in the vicinity of honeysuckle tree gardens. Furthermore, an extensive lab analysis found traces of lsd in those sweets of hers (those lovelyy sweet dreams had to come from somewhere), meaning that she was suddenly being prosecuted as a drug pusher, especially when it was revealed several of the darling little kiddywincles had actually robbed banks in order to furnish Ms. Sugarkins with extensive amounts of cash, which apparently had disappeared into some off sure bank accounts with ties to the goblin maffia.

Just as things started to look really bad for Ms Sugarkins however, she was unexpectedly eaten by one  her former customers who was a witness in the trial who had developed an amazingly! sweet tooth and after all Ms. Sugarkins always had looked good enough to eat!

You might ask the point of this sad story? Well I did promise you something short and sweet, now here are some sight updates.

Updates by dark:

Civ clicker: Entry and description.
Merry clickmas: entry and description.
Treasuremania 1: Fixed error on description.
Crazy party: updated download link to latest version.
Super mario bros audio edition: fixed download link from the audiogames archive.
Hack: Entry and description.
Fairytale: Entry and description.
Gotcha: entry and description.
Against the clock: Entry and description.

Aprone’s towers of war: Fixed link to walkthru.
Added new game genre category, Incremental games.
Find description  here on the game genre’s page

Added note to Junction gate’s description explaining why it is not an incremental game.

Completely reshuffled site ranks adding results of 2017 ranks competition.
Updated site and forum faq with all the new ranks, plus a couple of extra questions about quoting posts in replies.

Corruption of champions: Entry, description and links.
A hero's call: entry and description.
Crafting kingdom: Miner entry update, changed genre to incremental games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-16 18:03:44

that was amazing Dark

2018-01-16 18:17:42

Thanks defender, god knows where that one came from, it was pretty random big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-16 22:51:49

Dark, in a heros call you say 4 others will join you but only three do, making your party four, unless you count Marcus which I wouldn't really do because he isn't managable and only helps out in combat if you pay him.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-01-17 01:17:47

Outofsite games website wrote wrote:

Gather your allies – Expand your party with four unique allies; the feisty daughter of a powerful governor, a noble ranger with a troubled past, an idealistic priestess, and a sarcastic thief with a heart (and pockets full) of gold.

I admit I've not played much of A hero's call yet myself, but I got that information directly from the description of the game on the out of sight games webpage.

2018-01-17 10:07:25 (edited by Riad 2018-01-17 10:08:35)

@LordLundin They are four, as the game description says. I've beaten AHC twice until now and the playable characters are indeed 4, without counting yourself of course big_smile.
@Dark: Several things on the AHC description that need to be changed are:
1- There are some ,br> put here and there (at least five times) which I think is an HTML issue that was either forgotten on a hurry or that Chrome identifies as such.
2- four npcs will join you in your mission: NPC means non-playable character, and this is not the case with Gwen, Alexia, Matthias and Simeon: instead they're allies/characters/whatever you're willing to call them.
3- hundreds of different quests: correct me if I'm wrong, but the game total quests barely reaches 40 so I think the word "dozens" as put in the original description fits more than that.
4- The audio demos on the OutOfSight website are very outdated and only recorded to show the Kickstarter backers what the game looks like, hence I think you should point out to playthroughs of people like Liam or, if the player wants no spoilers, the demo that JennyK did with Joseph to demonstrate the game as a whole.
At the end, I would like to thank you a lot for your tremendous work and effort put into expanding the AG database with more titles and more genres (PS. I really enjoyed incremental games).
Regards!

2018-01-17 11:06:47

Oh my bad. I'm not sure what I was smoking. I've even written 3 in my review (it's not out yet, I'm still working on it). And yes, I have also beaten the game twice.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-01-17 11:56:41

@Riad, okay I've fixed those errors in the main description now. ,br is what happens when you try to write html code with very cold fingers and don't press the shift key down enough big_smile.

I'll likely add links to more audio as  more becomes available and probably expand   considerably more when I've tried more of the game myself (that if others don't beat me to it), but I wanted to give A hero's call a db page as soon as possible given the great achievement it represents, actually we're a little behind again (especially considering games on Alexa), which is one reason I do hope our new db editors will  be able to start contributing soon as well, since there is manifestly only one of me big_smile.

Glad you like the changes, more incremental games will be added as I try more (camcad clicker is the next one I plan to do a page for).

I was debating if Nano empire counted as an incremental game, but decided it didn't given the random  attacks, enemies and exploration, though the invisible dragons game on Ios certainly does and will again be getting an entry soon.

2018-01-17 18:34:51

dark, I did not do the gotcha port. Jason SW did. can you please fix that? thanks.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2018-01-17 21:31:53

Fixed, thanks for letting me know.
I actually considered altering the developers category, but it might get complicated if we had separate dev listings for DanZ as well as the different people who've ported his games, so I thought leaving them all mainly under DanZ and then giving the port authors credit in the descriptions was the best way around.

2018-01-20 21:45:25

The audiogames.net database has officially answered A Hero's Call! Lol. Except for one thing that's a little *off,* the developer was listed as out off sight games.

2018-01-21 21:52:22

Thank you Jack, you now give me my first and probably only opportunity to quite truthfully declaim that I have completely, absolutely and totally got the F out of that developer big_smile.