2018-01-14 03:28:32

interestingly as well, although I doubt they'll bother changing it, the installer for cheat engine 6.7 doesn't let you tab to the checkbox for the bloteware it tries to install. I tried it with jaws and nvda and couldn't uncheck it. had to use windows magnifier which was still bloody orquard and not available to people with no vision at all.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-01-14 06:18:18

It possible to uncheck the box in the installer with a screen reader. You just have to use something like object nav and/or OCR in NVDA to get at it. You're right though, it can be a pain.

Game Man

2018-01-14 06:47:44

can't you download games from torrent trackers?
r3dux

let's rock!

2018-01-14 08:25:19

i have win 10 X64 fall creators

2018-01-14 08:29:12

@arturminyazev  Besides that fact that piracy is illegal and you should not ever get games from torrent trackers, even if you did they will most likely not work with Sonifight.  Most pirated games are not the latest versions available and they use cracks which require you to replace the games exe file which is what sonifight uses to check all the values in the game.  So it stands to reason that if that file is changed the values the process uses might change which means that Sonifight will try reading information from all the wrong places.

Version differences change all the values in the game.  That is why Day of the Tentacle's config only works with the steam version and not the GOG version.  So a cracked version would also differ from the original steam version of a game and would therefore not work with Sonifight.

I hope this makes sense.

2018-01-14 20:38:41

hello, i have a problem. When i launch sony fight, and then run the config, after i run USF4 it reads only the names of the characters.
i know, that i have an english version of ultra street fighter
please help

let's rock!

2018-01-15 03:01:57 (edited by SirBadger 2018-01-15 03:05:35)

actually I can't get that code to work. saved it as a .LUA file but doesn't seem to do anything. can you chuck it in drop box and send me a link if you have it working? I guess I buggered something up.
and @181, I have the same issue with sf4. we think it's because windows 7 and 10 use different addresses or pointers which is what I'm playing about with fixing but still not getting very far.

2018-01-15 10:32:57 (edited by r3dux 2018-01-15 10:52:17)

@arturminyazev - The SF4 config works by matching the subtext (i.e. smaller text describing each menu option). Could you perhaps get sighted assistance to confirm that on the very top level menu, when you have "Arcade" selected the first 33 characters of the submenu text is "Fight against the CPU in this single", and when you have "Versus" selected the first 33 characters of the submenu text is "Choose your character, select a s".

While the menu options are identified by the submenu text, the character selections are identified by numerical values (0 is Ryu, 1 is Ken, 2 is Chun-Li etc). As such, are the in-game notifications working? Like those about health or super or ultra gauge status?

@SirBadger - So the MK4 config is working in Windows 7, but the SF4 menus aren't? I'm perplexed...

I've uploaded the lua script to change sub-windows in cheat engine 6.7 for you here - hit Alt+tilda with any subwindows open and it'll cycle through them (place in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cheat Engine 6.7\autorun):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1f0rfcswd03k6 … s.lua?dl=0

@AlirezaNosrati - I'm really sorry it's not working for you. I'm completely out of ideas as to why this might be. Just as an aside, you can select the MK config in SoniFight and click the [Run Selected Config] button - and it will sit there looking for the MKKE process until it finds it or you click stop - when it locates the process it'll kick off the sonification. So what I'm saying is you don't have to launch the game then Alt-Tab back to SoniFight and start the config and then Alt-Tab back to the game - but seeing as SoniFight doesn't seem to be working for you at all that's not especially helpful, is it?

I really wish I knew what the problem was... have you tried briefly disabling any anti-virus or anti-malware software that might interfere with the SoniFight process accessing another processes memory?

2018-01-15 11:26:58

yeah i tried that too

2018-01-16 03:27:53

tried the script you uploaded. looks the same as the one I'd made copying from the cheat engine forum. don't work though. dunno why. it's in the rite place and everything. wonder if it's because UK keyboards have the ~ key in a different place and you have to hold shift with it. tried that too and didn't work either. nor does the ` key which looks from the code like it should.

2018-01-17 03:42:38

@r3dux here's a strange question, but watching the tutorial videos you mention the fact that mortal combat insists in running in full screen and sf4 doesn't. I wonder if there's a correlation there between one running on some systems but not the other and vice versa. no idea what it could be. something to do with video cards maybe? I've tried putting sf4 in to full screen and still doesn't work either way. but something to think about. tenuous I know.

I'm also still trying to nail down the pointers to see if I can edit sf4's configs and make it work on my machine but every time I nail down the address value and recheck it I still get one million results. I tried 5 times last night without closing cheat engine. I was able to drag the pointer window to the side so I could mouse click between them wich was a pain but still can't get them down. I do know I'm getting the proper address every time I close the game, open the new process and scan again because when I up and down arrow in the menu the string changes like it should.

totally baffled. possibly ticked the wrong things in the pointer thing but from what I can tell I copied all the things you mentioned in the tutorial.

each time I go to the menu and add the new address that's changed I still end up with 5 files it saves and no apparent difference.

2018-01-24 17:11:09 (edited by r3dux 2018-01-24 17:24:55)

@SirBadger - That alt+tilda doesn't work?! Here's a version I've just modified to use alt and the plus slash equals key. So along the top row of numbers (not the keypad), it goes 7 8 9 0 minus plus. THAT plus key is the one you want to hold alt and push to swap active windows within Cheat Engine.

Here's the link to the modified lua script - right click and save rather than just clicking (as it opened the lua text in the browser when I tried): https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ziqhpepdt7qp … s.lua?dl=0

Oh, and probably remove the original one - both might work or it might get confused, I don't know. Probably easier to remove the original script.

You're right that there may be issues between fullscreen and windowed modes in games changing memory addresses - for example, I've had to find equivalent pointer trails for the menus in Day of the Tentacle for full and windowed - they just aren't the same otherwise (although the matching criteria is obviously the same to announce the options).

In terms of finding pointers, there could be so much going on that I just even guess what the issue is - but, if we could catch up on some kind of screen-sharing thing I could help you to find a few pointers and we could record the entire process - I don't know, would that be helpful? It's genuinely not rocket-science, I just think the tools are a bit of a nuisance at the moment and a little more guidance on how to approach the entire process would help a lot.

Thoughts always welcome.

2018-01-25 12:48:46

@r3dux: thanks that script works a treet now.

still playing with pointers but i'll let you know how I get on. if you want to talk about your idea for doing some kind of remote connection or something, pm me your Skype info or I can send you mine and we can talk about it.

2018-03-06 17:37:33

hello,

i need some help
first, i wanna make some games accessible, i could find the values for weapons ammos,  and..., but,   2 questions i have, how can i find values for menues? what do i need to type?   and the other question, how can i find the value for health bar example health bar on GTA SA or mortal kombat. because there's any number typed there

can i do something  so if player press  a key, it read's ammo amount and how?

2018-03-06 19:54:56

it depends on the game but for menus the best way is to know what one of the items says, do a text search for it then scan for a changed value and move to another menu item then scan again. this should bring your results rite down. after that though you need to find the pointer chains which I'm still having trouble with. the guide does have tips on that though and there are links in it to tutorial videos in which he describes it pretty well.

2018-03-07 14:00:11

so you mean, i need to find the option start game, then enter it and find the option new game press back and find start game again? but here's the problem, when i change it to string, it can't find  any values, empty

2018-03-08 19:59:51

Menus are not necessarily in string values.  It depends on the game.  Just watch R3dux's tutorial videos.  He does show how some games' menus work with numbers.  So you have to just increase and decrease numbers as you move the cursor up and down.

2018-03-09 09:56:00

Tensoon the Kandra wrote:

Menus are not necessarily in string values.  It depends on the game.  Just watch R3dux's tutorial videos.  He does show how some games' menus work with numbers.  So you have to just increase and decrease numbers as you move the cursor up and down.

May I ask you: What games have you made accessible so far? You sounds like: Just watch the tutorials, and it is just that easy. So, I would like to hear what games you have made accessible, without sighted help. I find it very difficult to find the right numbers and have given up on it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-03-10 11:54:56

@SLJ There is no need to be rude.  I was just trying to help.  You said that you can't find menu items when searching for the strings.  I was just clarifying that there are other ways of doing it.  Something I assumed you would have known had you watched the tutorial videos which is why I referred you to them.

I know finding pointer chains are difficult without sighted help.  I have not even attempted making a game accessible because I do not have the time and motivation to do so.  I do understand the theory well enough though which is why I try to help where I can when I can.

I am sorry if you do not find my advice helpful, but the video on finding the pointer chains for menus explain what to do far better than I can in a brief board post.

If you are serious about making games accessible and finding pointer chains I suggest you start where I did when first trying to learn how to do this.  Get the games for which there are already configs and try to recreate R3dux's configs.  See if you can find the same pointer chains he did.  this way you can teach yourself how to do this properly.  If you cannot you are doing something wrong.  It is a reality that some games will be impossible to find pointer chains for.  So if you at least know that everything you are doing should work and it does not you can move on to a different game.

2019-02-02 10:29:24

hi everyone,
I don't know the actual status of sonifight, but i'd like to ask something.
actually, i'm playing resident evil 2 remake on pc, with nvda's ocr, it is ... not accessible, but doable with patience, the only problem i have, is the cammera.
the game has a resset cammera function. when you move the cammera, you can press r3 if using a controller, or mouse weel if you use keyboard and mouse, and the cammera will reset to it's deffault possition. but, if you move the cammera, then move your character, even if you aim, if you press r3 to resset it to default, the cammera will not be at the same possition it was before moving the character.
i'm wondering, is there a way to save the initial values of the cammera so we can use a function or something to resset it to those values even if you moved your character or cammera?
i think if we could do that, the game would be terribly easier for memorizing paths to locations, etc.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2019-02-02 12:15:38

In short, unfortunately not. 
Sonifight does not allow you to change/reset  values, all it does is notify you when a number reaches or crosses a certain value.  For example, when your health goes below 20% it will let you know your health is low. 
In theory, what you suggest is possible with cheat engine, however, it would be far too difficult to isolate camera values like that.  Cheat engine works best with known values that you can read on the screen like timers, ammo counts, health bars etc.

2020-01-28 20:37:07

I have downloaded the newest build of sonifight 1.4. But there is only the config file for killerinstinct. Do i have to download the other scripts from another place?

2020-01-30 00:56:19

Hi.

i think tthey are on the site where you got it from as well, it has been quite some time till I played with it.

did the KI scripts get any sort of update? I'm getting back into the game, so a working script would be a nice thing to have.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-01-30 20:07:01

@firefly82:
you have to run the x86 bat file to get the other configurations to appear

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2020-01-31 11:53:33

Oh... MMM... ya... thanks.....
That was ..... very ... embarrassing