2018-01-15 11:37:48

Hi all,
So, much like many of you I am always on that proverbial quest for new games. Googling text based rpg as I've done so many times before, this time the results seemed slightl different.
Buried in the results was a link to a downloadable game.
This has not been updated since 2014 or so I don't think, however, brilliantly the source code is included. This is a fantasy rpg that seems complete and there's a lot to do though. This requires the java runtime environment, not sure which version.
This thing works with NVDA, and the first thing I noticed was that it's reading the text automatically, and this thing has what the dev calls cut scenes, and seriously, these really are scenes where the text comes in after a gap or so, so it's all timed.
I did get some sort of error about sound going into silent mode yet the music seems to work, so I don't know what that's all about.
The download link is for media fire, but I will give a link to the dev's website. If he's still around, and he sees trafic from our forum, who knows, he may join us which would be wonderful.
So, this is the website for ascension:
https://www.xcvgsystems.com/ascension/

2018-01-15 13:57:34

Is there a way to turn off the music?
The game seems nice, I'll sertainly play it.

2018-01-15 14:50:44

wow mediafire download link was blocked by malwarebytes...
i don't know this file is whether contains virus or not
but again wow if anyone else can upload on other mirror side it would be cool. thanks

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2018-01-15 14:56:55

Does this work cross platforms?

2018-01-15 15:04:12

Hi,
I am not sure if it works cross platform or not.
I'd recommend trying to find a wy to add a download link to the exceptions jus in case. Not sure why it's blocking it, a lot of security software seems to cinsder java to be unsafe.

2018-01-16 00:51:04

How to turn off a music in this game? I can't hear nvda.

2018-05-16 12:57:53

I would really like to try this, but the mediafire link says access denied, anyone got it?
Also,, if you want to make the music tolerable than just type the following into the start menu or run and then use the slider that says the name of the program you want to make quieter, or mute it with the check box beside it.
sndvol

2018-05-16 13:18:29

the media fire link says permition denied.
so i think you guys should update the link

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2018-05-16 18:19:28

Hi Here is the link for people which can not download from mediafire
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TIx0k … PHYfMkFVkk

2018-05-16 18:31:37

Thanks!

2018-05-17 02:22:40

So I downloaded this and it won't run. It throws a bunch of errors and closes. And jre is installed. Help?

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-05-19 20:12:10

can somebody upload it somewhere? it says permition denied

2018-05-19 21:36:16

check post 9

2018-05-21 21:41:39

Here is  link to the android port. Takes a we bit of patience but everything is labeled and its very playable. The link is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ctinium_ri

If it feels like nothing refreshed after making a choice, thats because it was added to the end of the text on screen. I just swipe to navigate by paragraph and skip past the old bits to get around that.

Enjoy

2018-05-29 18:34:22

Hi,
I am wondering if this game will get any more content or not, it's quite a short but fun experience.

2018-05-29 22:38:40

Since this game's release 4 years ago there have been 2 more games in the series known ascension adventure 1 and 2. These are out in the play store but sadly are not as accessible.

In regards to this game though, has anyone finished it? I've talked to the monks and now my only quest is to rally the people but I'm not sure how to do that.