2018-01-14 19:38:28 (edited by Loxias 2018-01-14 20:00:42)

So a while back, somebody put together a keyboard file for JAWS so it could be used to play Manamon. It just occurred to me that I could adapt it for AHC, so I did. So for anyone else who uses JAWS primarily and doesn't feel like switching to NVDA each time they play, have this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/okthxzx0zf159 … l.jkm?dl=1

Go to your user folder and follow this folder path:
AppData
Roaming
Freedom Scientific
JAWS
[Whatever version you have]
Settings
ENU (or whatever language settings you have)

And paste it there. If you don't see your AppData folder, you need to go into folder options and enable "Show hidden files and folders." If it gives you access errors, you need to press alt+enter on AppData and disable read only mode, then tell it to apply to all subfolders.

Every keystroke appears to work except alt+S, alt+R, and alt+O, which the method for unblocking all the other keystrokes didn't seem to fix. Personally I rarely if ever change any of the settings these keystrokes control, so this doesn't bother me, but you can press JAWS key + 3 and use the pass through feature if you want to use them.

EDIT: Forgot to add Ctrl+C. Fixed. Please redownload if you have the old one.

2018-01-14 19:50:13

welll I'm proud of myself just completed the graveyard part of the  game. it was fun.

2018-01-14 20:15:48

hi
thanks
Loxias

2018-01-14 21:59:14

General note about navigation and quest difficulties: I definitely get that it can be frustrating when you can't figure things out. However, I hope that the sense of accomplishment when you do figure out what's been giving you trouble makes it all worth it. We tried to find the appropriate balance between "hand-holding" (i.e. doing all the work for you, such as with automatic beacons), rewarding logical reasoning and exploration (i.e. maybe you need a beacon to something involving Farhaven's spiritual history, so you think to ask someone who might know about Farhaven's spiritual history, or read some books about it, and get rewarded with a beacon), and plain old free-form exploration (i.e. you really just stumbled upon a thing as you were roaming around in a new area). Some players will wish we'd leaned more one way or another, but I hope the end result is rewarding, no matter where you fall on that spectrum.

***Pro-tip for navigating the graveyard (and elsewhere)*** Your forward scan is your friend. If it reports a fence between you and an item, then you can't go straight to the item. But you can walk along the fence in question until you find an opening, then go through it, and then you should have a straight shot to that item. The trick with navigation isn't to try to navigate directly to object X. It's to know that object X is in a particular area, then try to find the way into that area, then navigate to object X.

***Minor spoilers for Mines*** I owe an apology to anyone who's had difficulty because of fighting the hydra before the quest. We decided this would be more realistic since it's not like the hydra would only attack people who have a particular quest (I don't know, maybe he knows what's up). But we now realize that this means you can miss out on important directions, and that's no good. Will be fixing this in a future update so that encounter doesn't trigger before the quest line is at the appropriate point.

@Loxias #1076: That's awesome. May we post a copy of that file on our website, with your instructions? We'll credit you however you want to be credited of course.

2018-01-14 22:39:06

so I'm using the sword of edros miez or however you spell that  and allister alconal's dagger in my off hand however I"m not seing much of a diference. Also joseph i was wondering, I don't use a battle log cause i feel like it's annoying to have to close it. Is it posible to have relivant magical attacks such as curses or poison be told when not using the battle log?

2018-01-15 01:40:20

Hi,
@Joseph: That's what I've been doing, looking for openings, so definitely thanks for clarifying this. I have also been using the map, which leads me to another question, is there any chance you might be able to explain the different map sounds? I don't hear some of these while walking around, they all seem quite new and different.
I'm also wondering something specifically though.
looking
for
a
hint
on
an
area
spoilers
ahead

Do I go about the talismen quest in a simlar way to what we heard before? If so, I've spent quite some time in the graveyard and have been looking for a grave with the amulet in, and no dice. I either find open grave with loot, or a fence that I then either end up walking  along and hitting a wall, or it's quite a long fence that I forget the coordinates to the open grave by the time I find an opening. Am wondering if this is supposed to be a low level quest or if it doesn't really matter in the end.

2018-01-15 01:46:45

Hey Joseph, go right ahead. Also if anyone can figure out how to make the three last keystrokes work, feel free to improve upon it, you needn't ask me to update it. Of course I'd be interested to know how, though.

2018-01-15 02:16:19

@michaelhoffman #1080: Status effects should be indicated by a sound in combat—or, in the case of skills like Curse that deal an automatic effect, you'll know the effect was inflicted because you'll hear the sound of the skill. I'd advise using the battle log as an aid to learn these sounds before deciding to play without it. Remember that you can press enter on a battle log item to replay the associated sound.

@Aaron #1081: The map sounds are mostly the same as the radar sounds but I believe there's an alternative, lower-pitched opening sound to indicate an opening to the south. I'd have to check in-game but I believe that's the only sound that you don't encounter in the explore mode.

As for the amulet quest, it actually really is not intended as a low-level quest. Part of the reason we didn't give more specific instructions for finding the second half of the amulet is that we didn't want players to easily complete this quest very early in the game, since the reward can be a little O.P. at early levels. So in retrospect, by doing a demo that people can essentially follow to get this reward right at the start of a play through, we may have broken things a little bit. I've been thinking about causing the amulet's location to be a little more random, but I suspect that would incite a revolt, lol. At present, though, the open grave containing the amulet will be in the same place as in the demo—so it's just a matter of listening carefully enough to where I go in that demo...or stumbling upon the amulet accidentally, as we intended initially.

2018-01-15 02:31:41

Maybe you should just have it spawn farther in, that wouldn't be too bad...

2018-01-15 02:49:16 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-01-15 02:54:11)

I'm not sure if this has already been answered but I need help in the mines.
I already have all three goblin keys and the letter about the revolt but have no clue about what to do next.
I've already revisited all the beacons in the trap door including the proving grounds and found nothing at any of them.
I checked the item description on the goblin key and got no help other than it was a skelington key, but still have no idea where to use it at.
I just need a clue to point me in the right direction.
I don't have fast travel to the mines unlocked yet and don't want to leave unless I have to.
Later!

2018-01-15 03:38:32

grryfindore wrote:

Hi,
Graveyard spoilers!

@CrystalD, you certainly do need those dials to get to a runestone.
Took me for ever to figure out the Duck and the apple, but in hime sight it was so obvious, I just needed to pay atention to names of things and details...
Grryf

Spoilers:

Aww booooo do I need it for every stone?  or just for one of them.

Spoilers end

2018-01-15 03:55:45

SPOILERS for Graveyard
You need to get through that door to access one of the stones. But there is one that is almost rediculously easy to find.

@Joseph, thanks for publically explaining your logic about quests. I personally see exactly where you're coming from, but I think right now it leans too much towards being criptic rather than walking the line between the two.
SPOILERS AHEAD
Especially for quests like Laying Down the Law, it's easy to miss those camps without any sort of hint where to go and not knowing if you've found one before or if it's your first time visiting. The hints about listening for the fires make sense, but I would think a ranger who spends most of his time in the woods like Mathias or a hunter like Jonathan would be able to give just a bit more direction, short of telling you where the campsights actually are.
SPOILERS END

I also wouldn't mind seeing a completion list of some sort for quests and gathered items. More of a gimic than a necessity, but would be cool to have. ONE MORE SPOILER
Seems like there's a lot of hype about the sword of Edros Mai... I'm now curious. Does it appear in a random spot or somewhere specific? Would be curious to get my hands on it and I haven't come across it yet, unless I'm looking in the wrong place?
SPOILERS END

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-01-15 03:56:52

A suggestion
with
mild
spoilers

Joseph, I actually have an idea. Would it be possible to put the amulet in either the burial chamber or in an item that only loads in the vampire den after the Slayer quest is complete? That way a player actually has to do more than just get lucky/find the right grave. It means they actually have to do a good deal of work in the graveyard area beforehand. Putting it in the burial chamber would mean there's a mini-boss fight, and shouldn't be too hard. Putting it in the den...well, I don't know if you can do that without letting people run straight to it. It's a thought, anyway. As one of those people who thinks Blessed Peace is way too strong, I am in favour of almost anything that nerfs it or makes it harder to acquire, including clearing it from new game plus and removing skill levels from it (so that it only has one level and can't get stronger, I mean).

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-15 04:32:36

I've got a bit of a question. How exactly do Master Endurance/focus work? It says you regenerate during combat, but so far as I can tell, my mana and/or stamina aren't going up between turns if I use a skill that turn which doesn't use any, and when I do use some up, I lose the exact amount the skill uses, suggesting it's not regenning any.

2018-01-15 04:49:49

Agree with @Assault_freak about the questing but I know that's just my playstyle, also thanks for the tips, will look for the easy one first smile have been getting turned around in the graveyard so wasn't really sure where to look so those clues help tons.

2018-01-15 04:50:49

so i have a second char a ranger. are there weapons for said raanger or even warrior that deal atherial damage so wen your fighting ghosts later on?  Also what stats are good for ranger agility dex and con? what are your thoughts?

2018-01-15 05:13:17

There are no ethereal weapons, per se, but you can get skills that can make a weapon do bonus fire/ice/lightning/holy damage, which you can use on the ranger or warrior in order to help them out.

2018-01-15 05:40:25

Hey Loxias, using your jaws keyconfig, for me the control+a keystroke doesn't work. I wonder if that's just me or anyone else?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-01-15 06:31:13

well my mage has stuf like that but i never saw it make much of a difference. so does it like blazing weapon etc?

2018-01-15 07:15:47

Response to 1085
Start
Spoilers
Actually, you need four keys, 1 from each of the encampments past the trapdoor, they unlock the gates on the great bridge which is all the way west on the Subterranean Road.
That bridge leads to the palace, which is where you will find one of the other letters you need, plus a quest which will help you find the third.
Spoilers
End

2018-01-15 07:16:37

@Jayde #1088: It's going to be cleared from New Game +, along with Summon Undead, for a number of reasons. We should've done that from the start, but didn't think about it. That was an oversight on our part. The problem with making the second part of the amulet appear at a particular point in another quest is that it gets a little messy if you haven't started Trouble Sleeping yet. Still, you might be on to something. I'll have to think on that a little more.

@Loxias #1089: Hmm, if you have Master Endurance / Focus, your stamina/mana should be regenerating between turns. I'll look into this and confirm it isn't bugged, though if it is, it may be a situational bug in which case I'd need to know the right circumstances.

2018-01-15 07:20:25

Hey everyone. So I will post my thoughts on A Hero's Call. Right from the start I give it a Ten out of Ten. This Game has Broken so Many Barriers that no other Game has before. Some of the Games like Manamon, TDV were barrier Breakers. But this Game outdid them all. I do have one question for you all. I know the West Gate takes you to the Mines, The East Gate takes you to the Graveyard, and the North Gate takes you to the Deep Forest. But the South Gate Does nothing. Is there something Sinister behind the South Gate that happens if you happen to complete all quests or is there a Post Game containing something Sinister? Just Curious. But what an incredible Game. I bought it and I will be playing it a lot. I give it a Ten out of Ten.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2018-01-15 07:45:14

JKM file updated with control+A.

@Joseph: If I think of any specific circumstances that might have caused this I'll let you know, but it was just a typical fight as far as I can tell. No one had any debilitating effects, they weren't scripted fights, or anything of the sort.

2018-01-15 08:32:58

**Spoiler alert!**
I read earlier that there was a quest that would help find the third letter of revolt in the mines. But I don't see anyone else to talk to in the palace. Am I missing something obvious?
**end spoilers**
By the way, thank you to the developers of Out of Sight games for making such an awesome game. This game is pretty much all I can talk about right now. I have been bragging about this game to all of my friends, both blind and sighted.

2018-01-15 09:02:49

You came through the south gate when you started. If you want to know if there's anything out there, my advice is to play the game and find out.

Joseph, regarding the amulet, is it possible to have things only appear after a given trigger? I'm assuming it is, since, for instance, I've gone to specific places where a particular item ought to load without the quest that asks for it, but the item's not there. I can think of a couple of examples.
slight
spoilers
That staff in the goblin king's chamber, for one. And the Ring of Legacy, which I'm pretty sure you can't get a shortcut to.
spoilers
end
Thanks for being willing to address these things though. I'm sure you'll figure something out. Still say that no matter where you try and put the second half of the amulet, you really won't fix the issue of the skill. It's game-defining, and that's not good. If you're a magic-using character you will probably use that skill in large groups and omit your other skills. If you're not, you'll probably ignore it. If it was a considerably cheaper skill that, say, did a party knockdown effect but little to no damage, then everyone and anyone could use it.