2017-12-29 13:43:00

Ok, we fixed the antivirus-issue, but now I have another one, inside the game itself.
My character keeps running in circles, constantly, no matter what I do, I can only press "r" to make it rest.
(normally, any tracking doesn't work during this issue either)
Once, but only once by now, by pressing who knows which key. this circling stopped, and I could play normally, everything was functioning the right way...but soon after that the constant circling started again...and I still cannot stop it!
Of course I tried disabling/enabling both autorun and turning with mouse, altering none of those settings helped.
Anyone of you experienced a similar issue?
Is it maybe a simple keyboard-shortcut I don't know about?
One thing is sure, the game cannot be played this way at all, so in case you guys have any suggestions, hints, please post them here ASAP!
In addition:
I remember, back when I started playing STW, I had no such an issue, but it appeared a few weeks later, and made me so much pissed off, that I just "dropped" the game for a longer time.
I also remember some players advised me there, to use the compass, and turn into 180 degrees, then...do whatever, I had no patience to perform it, adjusting to turn into exactly 180 degrees was too damn hard ...however, this cannot be done anymore anyway, since there is no more any compass in the starting "survival pack, kit, whatever"

2017-12-29 15:31:10

you mean your character is walking by it self? , that's really wierd...

2017-12-29 16:11:04

Exactly.
And no, it has nothing to do with autowalking, I swapped it on and off many times...

Sometimes, in very rare cases, for example, after changing some of the options in the start menu, the autowalking stops after a game-restart, but then, after performing a single operation within the game, starting from using inventory, all the way to chatting or tracking, it starts again, ans I just cannot stop it!
(only with R to rest,m but it starts again the moment I stand up)

Hell, it even starts after I merely fall asleep, and then stand up after waking up!
(and no, it's not my mouse either, I have turning with mouse "off", but I tried turning it on...no use)

2017-12-29 16:17:47

And as I noticed, judging by the comments of the area-edges, it looks like my character keeps running in circles, since the announcements of the same area-limits keep repeating themselves in a round similar periods, (short, only a few seconds time-intervals), and always in the same order.

Strangely, no matter how many times I asked players online in the game, I never got a single hint yet...hell, not even a reply, as if I am ignored by all!

2017-12-29 17:31:20

never even heard of that before. not sure what you can do about it.

2017-12-29 17:39:28

Are you playing on a laptop? If so, it may be the "tap to click" feature, that causes the issue. Try either plugging in an external mouse, or disable the trackpad hardware wise, only i'm not sure what key combo to use since that might be laptop specific. If it's not a laptop, then i honestly have no idea what could cause it, since it shouldn't do auto cirkle walking in the first place.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2017-12-29 18:56:26

You're always having problems, probably your system's fucked, reformat, reinstall.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-30 10:05:33

Hey, I just installed...(had installed by a software-guru friend)... a fresh Windows 10 a month ago!
And no, I use no laptop, I always used only desktop computers all my life!

2017-12-30 12:26:51

hello,

can you do something?   first, log in to STW, unplug your keyboard, and tell me what happens
and if you are using NVDA,  login to STW again,  press insert + 1 and turn on input help,  tell me what happens again.

auto walking has nothing to do with that

2017-12-30 15:35:08 (edited by Caccio72 2017-12-30 15:37:29)

Problem solved!
Foolish me, I forgot by now, that I had a joystick plugged in into one of my USB-ports...LOL...so that was what was confusing the game all the time!
)bought it back in my sighted days, hoping I can still use it for certain games, after all I was always a devoted gamer, and it caused no interference, so I just left it plugged in since then)

Many thanks for your advices though, it were the ones about unplugging my mouse/keyboard,  which made me remember this possibility!

2017-12-30 17:09:07

uh, dude. i don't think that should be the issue though. like seriously, it really shouldn't have to do anything with the joystick. it's just weird, and i've never heard this happening in any game besides the ones that would have like a demo options, and this was back at the time when i used to play those games like pimball or what ever games were at that time when i had windows xp and i also had some vision at that time

2017-12-31 17:37:34

Maybe he was resting his elbow on it or something.

2017-12-31 18:34:57 (edited by Caccio72 2017-12-31 19:04:33)

It was indeed the issue, since, after your advices to unplug mouse and keyboard, I remembered the joystick, and  I noticed, that I can actually move between the STW menus with it, and after unplugging it, the issue never appeared again, playing the game without any problems since then.
Remember the Sherlock Holmes type logic and deduction?
When we eliminate all the impossible, what remains, no matter how unbelievable, (or unlikely), must be the truth. (or the solution, whatever, sorry for the inaccurate quote)

2018-01-14 15:46:32

Hello,
If you calibrate the joystick under windows, you can actually play using it. I did this on the gpd win and now play stw using that rather than the tiny keyboard.

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.