2014-07-01 21:11:18

So immediately after compiling and uploading this program, I realized that I completely forgot about the newly added developer room that was added to the forum. I am, of course, way too lazy to go back and adjust the program at this moment, but I probably will sometime soon. I just want to say that this program has quite the mind of its own. Meaning, it decides when and when it does not want to work flawlessly. I have discovered that a lot of the programs problems are more the fault of PunBB (the forum code) rather than my program. I have considered expanding this program with mor features, but I am still debating. The reason I posted this in the developer room is to gather feedback from any developers about the program before I decide to release it officially. Using the program is very straight forward. Use the Left and right arrow keys to navagate by page, and use the f5 key to mannually enter a page to travel to. Use the escape key to back out of any menus.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/561 … rowser.exe
If anyone is interested in seeing if they can do anything with this trainwreck, I will gladly send you the source code. Please leave feedback below.

P.S. In the beginning, I never intended on releasing this program to the public, so I apologize if things seem a little thrown together. smile

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2014-07-02 20:47:43

Hi man,
this one looks grate.
How ever, I strongly advice you to use the audio_form edit multi line feature for the bodies of the topics and posts.

2014-07-03 02:21:11

That actually does sound like a neat idea. smile If I have any time, I definitely will attempt to make things a little cleaner with the user interface. As I said, I didn't originally plan on releasing this, so I don't really know when I might have time to work on it again. I mainly posted it to see if there was any interest in continuing it.

2014-07-03 03:24:08

Yeah thank's smile.
I'll be glad to help you with it.
For me, I see this very usefull.
And if you didn't notice, I think you can get the posts and topics from every forum that uses PunBB.
Because the design of the pages is mostly the same.
With some twists of course.

2014-07-03 04:03:53

yeah. This program definitely can be used to retrieve the posts from topics from any forum using PunBB. With just a few modifications to the individual forum, multiple forum browsers can be created. smile I'll send you the source through private messaging.

2014-07-03 08:42:32

Hi.
Oh wow. This sounds quite interesting. I haven't tried the program yet.
So, can this be used by people who find it difficult to navigate on websites? If that's the case, wow what an awesome idea dude. I think I know a lot of people who would find such a program useful.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-07-03 19:45:24

@slj:
Nope, you can not use it as a browser.
It's just designed for audiogames.net forum specifically.
What we can do is slide it to other forums that use the PunBB, forum system.
Like the blastbay forum.

2014-07-03 23:59:14

I see a problem with posting to the Blastbay forum, unless a workaround can be put in place for unexpected stuff like this. On that forum, there's a plugin or something where posters are occasionally asked a question, which seems to be constant, to try to prevent spam bots from posting. This would probably pose a problem, if you've just posted a message, and the software is expecting the topic to show again, now with your new post, but gets a question and an edit box instead.

2014-07-04 17:18:16

Hello,
This seems very interesting. If you could send me the source code through pm i'd be very happy.

This is not a signature.

2014-07-10 19:22:55

Hi,
I would be intrested in viewing the source code for this software and (maybe) improve it where I can.
Thanks,
Josh.

2014-07-26 14:01:55

I would as well.

Thanks much,
Mason

2014-08-21 16:14:32

Hi man,
this one looks grate.
How ever, I strongly advice you to use the audio_form edit multi line feature for the bodies of the topics and posts.

2014-08-25 00:03:58

Hi. The program crashed while I was viewing a post. Don't know why.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2014-12-06 01:44:09

Hi, I'm interested in the code. If you could pm me or e-mail me a link I would appreciate that.

2014-12-07 19:35:02

Hi, you should definetly improve it, it's going to be a great Project.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-01-14 03:42:29

Hello...
Is this forum browser still a thing? If it is, can someone send me the source? I'd be interested in tinkering with it. Thanks.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-01-14 05:30:26

Lol and you told me you didn't know how to code. Lmao

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-01-14 07:27:16

Agreed with 17, although if the dude who made this still even remembers it let alone has it, I'd be interested in looking at it.

2018-01-14 09:09:50

Hi
Count me in. Would be interesting to view the source of this thing.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2018-01-14 13:36:18

Surprisingly, I actually still do have this thing. Even though I made it with the intention of encouraging how lazy I am and for me to be able to view the forum without opening a browser, I don't think I ever actually genuinely used it. Unfortunately, it's broken now. That's the bad part about going about this the way that I did. It's very easy for everything to break, and it isn't simple going about fixing it again. There's nothing fancy here though. All I'm doing is grabbing the source for these different pages and extracting the needed information. (Hints why it doesn't work anymore) Out of all of the little programs I've made for myself that do this, I think this one is the only one that I tossed aside. (And the Reddit client, and the Omegle client, but that's a different story) The zip file contains two different versions of the program. The first one is the one that I made, and the second one was a version that someone on the forum extended by incorporating the AudioForm class. I quickly added screen reader support to my version, but I left it out of the other version since the AudioForm relies on SAPI. I think that's all of the rambling out of the way. So the moral of the story? If you seriously want to create a program for browsing the forum without an internet browser, BGT will not be your best option. It was pretty neat to dig this thing up. I haven't touched it in years. Link below:
https://goo.gl/bE3dk3

P.S. I didn't code this neatly, I coded it for results. Keep that in mind... I'm not even going to say how long it took me to figure out how to actually upload this to Google Drive. In my defense, the interface is not very straightforward, but enough excuses...

2018-01-15 00:34:06

@blink_wizard I don't, I tinker with code and see if I can do things with it. If I can, awesome, if I can't, oh well.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-01-15 13:12:11

If you don't know how to code, you're gonna get bored with this thingy very quickly. Nothing you can do about it and this code seams like its an extreme mess.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-01-16 21:52:55

It felt kind of unfair uploading the program even though it didn't work anymore and hadn't been touched in years. I rewrote the program, and it should work a lot better than it did. At the moment, it doesn't do anything more than the original one did, but if anyone actually ever wants to use this, then I'd be willing to change that. There was not a lot of testing, so let me know if problems happen. Link below:
https://goo.gl/8ASohd

2018-01-17 15:36:53

I would definitely want to use something like this.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page