for the tutorials, here's what you'll do:
first off, let's learn the basics:
1. jumping. move forward while pressing the circle button. the first is a single jump, and the second is a double jump.
2. switching targets. first press R2, then press L2, then finally you have to press both R2 and L2 at the same time, I'm not sure on why you have to press both of them.
3. dashing. while moving, press the R1 button to dash, you can also hold the button down to continuously fly. the second is jump dash, press the R1 button and then press the circle button.
4. basic attacks. here, the moogle will say assault your opponent with bravery, then finish it with HP attacks. to do that, lock on to your opponent, walk around or press the jump dash button to let you go strait in to your enemy, then press the X button to do bravery, then after that press square to do HP attack.
5. defending yourself. here you'll learn how to block and dodge incoming attacks. first, press the L1 button when an enemy is attacking to guard yourself. then, press the L1 button and at the same time do a sidestep to dodge.
6. EX skill. if you attack an enemy, your skill meter is filled up. when the skill meter is full, press the triangle button to use your EX skill. EX skills are varied, such as additional damage, added speed for a short time, ETC.
7. summoning. in battle, you can summon a variety of creatures to aid you in battle for a short amount of time. to do this, first press the lock on button to select the summoning core, you have to do this twice to fill the meter. once it's filled up, hold down the touch pad and wait for some time until the summon comes in.
8. giving commands. since this game is a tag team 3 VS 3 fighting game, you can give various commands to your teammates. to do that, press the directional buttons and press X, square, or the triangle button.
9. victory condition. if you or your opponent's is defeated by an HP attack or if you attack your opponent when it's bravery is at zero, the opponent will be incapasitated. once it happens, a timer will count down from 10 seconds, in which you have to quickly revive yourself. to do that, tilt your left analog stick in a 360 degree motion and press X to revive. once it's finished, you have to deplete your opponent's health to zero. to do this, just use brave attacks to lower it's bravery, then use an HP attacks.
10. battle test. in here you'll do anything that you've learned so far. just beat the opponent to complete the basic tutorial.
now, let's move on to a more advanced techniques:
1. dash canceling. to do that, attack your enemy first with bravery, then press the R1 button to cancel your combo in to a dashing state. do this one more time to complete this lesson.
2. guard canceling. same like dash cancel, first attack your opponent, then press the L1 button to cancel your combo in to a defensive state. then, attack your opponent again, this time you have to press the L1 button and do a sidestep.
3. depleting bravery attacks. this one is pretty simple, just attack it with bravery, then finish it with an HP attack to deplete the opponent's bravery level to zero.
4. ranged attack practice (you can only learn this lesson if you use a character who is a marksmen class like the emperor or terra branford). in this lesson, you have to interrupt your enemy's attack and press a button so that attack will be countered with a clash.
5. interrupting an HP attack. all you have to do is wait for your opponent to attack, then quickly press the square button to do an HP attack before the attack hit you.
6. special attack. here, you have to attack a certain opponent by using the R1 and the X button. to do this, lock on, and press R1 and X to attack. this one might be hard, cause you have to search a certain opponent then attack it.
7. tandom attack. in this lesson, you have to help out your team member to finish off an enemy. what you have to do is wait for your team to attack the opponent with bravery, then finish it off with your HP attack.
8. tandom attack, part 2. here, you have to attack your enemy with bravery, then your team will finish it with an HP attack.
and now, here comes the final tutorial, the battle core:
1. locking on to an EX core. if you or your enemy is getting hit, an EX core will appear on the battlefield. to lock on in to it, simply press the lock button like when you are locking in to an enemy.
2. defending your own core. in this lesson, you have to prevent your enemy to attack your core. what you have to do is walk forward in to your own EX core and press the L1 button to guard it.
3. victory condition. in this lesson, you have to attack the enemy that surrounds the core and destroy it. but first, revive yourself from an enemy's attack, attack your enemy, then destroy the core.
4. core battle trial. here, all you have to do is lock on, and attack the core until it's destroyed, while at the same time defending your own core from your enemy.
that's all, for the tutorial lessons.
let's go, mate. aliens have gone mad, trying to conquer this world. I set up my ship's power to full,
I run around the battlefield,
I use everything to help me defeat those alien ships and finally the mothership itself,
I am the outbackstronaught! all the aliens will be eliminated, restoring piece to the world