2018-01-12 20:32:33

hello everyone, for those who are up to date with dissidia final fantasy NT, now you can try the open beta which kicks off from today until sunday, january 21st.
to get the open beta, simply go in to the PlayStation store and download it right away.
I'm currently trying to download this beta, I'll let you guys know if this game is playable.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-01-13 01:11:43

I hope this is playable. i would love to be able to completely play a Final Fantasy game.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-01-13 01:42:36

@post 2, dissidia final fantasy is a fighting game in the series.
the first 2 titles is available on the PSP, which is dissidia final fantasy and dissidia 012 final fantasy duodesim. the first game is very playable, however the second game is unfortunately not playable, because the story mode is like an adventure mode where you have to explore open areas, collect items, and searching for gateways to further advance the story.
in this new dissidia final fantasy game, it's actually a port from dissidia final fantasy that was released only for the arcades in japan. also, the differences between this new title and the previous 2 games is now you'll fight in a 3 VS 3 tag team battle, similar to games such as marvel VS capcom 3 or ultimate marvel VS capcom 3.
the other differences for the game is unlike the previous 2 games, there is no traditional story mode, however there is an option in the menu that will allow you to watch a story event which you can unlock by playing various modes in the game.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2018-01-13 03:08:26

Curious to know how playable, or not, this game will be.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-01-13 08:05:38

I'll let you all know if I've tried out the beta.
if you want to do that yourself, just get it on PSN, the file size is around 18GB.

2018-01-13 08:07:04

sorry to double post, but today you can not only try the dissidia open beta, but you can also try the dragon ball fighters open beta as well, which is starting from now until tuesday.

2018-01-13 17:41:11

The Dragon Ball Fighterz beta is available publically starting tomorrow. The Dissidia beta is also not on the American psn store.

2018-01-13 18:30:34

I need to try out the psp dissidia.  smile

2018-01-13 20:12:21

The beta doesn't sound playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61bkJd9QVYs

2018-01-13 23:46:36

Didn't watch the video all the way through, I've always hated this guy's commentary... what exactly doesn't sound playable? Maps are big, but there is lockon... that's about all I see as being a possible problem.

2018-01-14 05:21:51

ok everyone, I've just mess around with this game.
I've just recently completed the basic and advanced tutorials, the only thing is now I have to complete a battle core tutorial, which is a bit harder compared to those previous two. so actually, this game is pretty much playable, you can lock on to enemies or cores.
and for anyone who wants to know the controls for this game, here they are:

the left analog stick is used to move your character.
the X button is to use your bravery attack.
square is used for HP attacks.
triangle is used for your EX skill mode.
the circle button is used for jumping.
the L1 button is used to block incoming attacks.
the R2 button and the L2 button is used to lock on to an enemy or an EX core.
the R1 button is used to dash. if you press this button, you can combine it with other buttons to perform special actions.
R1+X is used to perform a special bravery attack.
R1+square does nothing, pressing it only use your HP attack.
R1+triangle is the same like pressing the triangle button, it allows you to use your EX mode.
R1+circle is used to role, sometimes you'll dash directly to your enemy.
the D-pad is used to give commands to your team, followed by the X, square, triangle or the circle button.

2018-01-14 06:45:53

This game being playable is gonna be good.   I got a friend who wants to play with me  although with no vision loss, but hopefully we can fix this, haha.   I'm excited, actually.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-14 07:11:57

I'm so pumped for this game I'm legit buying a PS4 to play it big_smile

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan so I was going to learn how to play this game regardless, but glad to hear that it's really easily playable from the getgo!  Thanks for all the detailed info on the game!

2018-01-14 07:28:26

Hanif, any menu tips? I somehow managed to get to character selection but never actually started the tutorial. I also managed to switch everything to Japanese at game startup. lol

2018-01-14 13:04:02

How did you purchase in the PSN store? I thought it wasn't accessible on the PS4.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-14 13:06:37

hi
what about
windows
game release to pc?

2018-01-14 14:48:26

Well, The mode I enjoyed on PSP is classic (somehow) turn-based where you don't need to move on the maps. Interesting if they implemented this one there too.
I hope they will release it on Steam though.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-01-14 15:26:44

@assault_freak, to get to the tutorial, press X after you here the logo.
and then, you'll get a screen where a moogle is talking, and she says weather you want to do a tutorial or not. when it appears, simply press X, and then you are at the character select screen.
after selecting a character, select the battle set, which I currently don't know what is it about.
then, pick a summon, and wait for a few minutes and the music starts.
if you don't here any character quotes, you'll be at a menu where you will choose which tutorial that you wish to play. the first one is basic, the second one is advanced, and the final one is core battles.
as for the menu itself, here's what I currently know:
the top left option is the settings menu, pressing right once will get you to story mode, pressing it again will get you to online mode.
on the bottom option, if you press X, you'll get to treasure mode, pressing right from that is tutorial, then offline mode.
in offline mode, the menu that is currently available is rush mode, and pressing down from rush mode is gauntlet mode.
that's all for the menu that I know, sorry if it's not very accurate.
oh and one more thing, about the story mode.
unlike the previous dissidia games, the game doesn't have a dedicated story mode where you walk around, finding treasures and random encounters, instead the story option allows you to watch actual battle events and in some parts allows you to fight against summoned bosses that is usually used for your temporary summon in battle.

2018-01-14 17:17:09 (edited by assault_freak 2018-01-14 17:49:30)

The tutorial only starts that way the first time, I am going to have to figure out what it does after that. Do you know what option you start on? Thanks for the other tips!

Update: Still don't understand the menu structure, but I lucked out and found the tutorials. But since they aren't voiced, I'm not entirely sure what to do... and I'm still trying to figure out where everything is in the other menus to try different modes. lol

2018-01-14 20:02:57

for the tutorials, here's what you'll do:
first off, let's learn the basics:

1. jumping. move forward while pressing the circle button. the first is a single jump, and the second is a double jump.
2. switching targets. first press R2, then press L2, then finally you have to press both R2 and L2 at the same time, I'm not sure on why you have to press both of them.
3. dashing. while moving, press the R1 button to dash, you can also hold the button down to continuously fly. the second is jump dash, press the R1 button and then press the circle button.
4. basic attacks. here, the moogle will say assault your opponent with bravery, then finish it with HP attacks. to do that, lock on to your opponent, walk around or press the jump dash button to let you go strait in to your enemy, then press the X button to do bravery, then after that press square to do HP attack.
5. defending yourself. here you'll learn how to block and dodge incoming attacks. first, press the L1 button when an enemy is attacking to guard yourself. then, press the L1 button and at the same time do a sidestep to dodge.
6. EX skill. if you attack an enemy, your skill meter is filled up. when the skill meter is full, press the triangle button to use your EX skill. EX skills are varied, such as additional damage, added speed for a short time, ETC.
7. summoning. in battle, you can summon a variety of creatures to aid you in battle for a short amount of time. to do this, first press the lock on button to select the summoning core, you have to do this twice to fill the meter. once it's filled up, hold down the touch pad and wait for some time until the summon comes in.
8. giving commands. since this game is a tag team 3 VS 3 fighting game, you can give various commands to your teammates. to do that, press the directional buttons and press X, square, or the triangle button.
9. victory condition. if you or your opponent's is defeated by an HP attack or if you attack your opponent when it's bravery is at zero, the opponent will be incapasitated. once it happens, a timer will count down from 10 seconds, in which you have to quickly revive yourself. to do that, tilt your left analog stick in a 360 degree motion and press X to revive. once it's finished, you have to deplete your opponent's health to zero. to do this, just use brave attacks to lower it's bravery, then use an HP attacks.
10. battle test. in here you'll do anything that you've learned so far. just beat the opponent to complete the basic tutorial.

now, let's move on to a more advanced techniques:
1. dash canceling. to do that, attack your enemy first with bravery, then press the R1 button to cancel your combo in to a dashing state. do this one more time to complete this lesson.
2. guard canceling. same like dash cancel, first attack your opponent, then press the L1 button to cancel your combo in to a defensive state. then, attack your opponent again, this time you have to press the L1 button and do a sidestep.
3. depleting bravery attacks. this one is pretty simple, just attack it with bravery, then finish it with an HP attack to deplete the opponent's bravery level to zero.
4. ranged attack practice (you can only learn this lesson if you use a character who is a marksmen class like the emperor or terra branford). in this lesson, you have to interrupt your enemy's attack and press a button so that attack will be countered with a clash.
5. interrupting an HP attack. all you have to do is wait for your opponent to attack, then quickly press the square button to do an HP attack before the attack hit you.
6. special attack. here, you have to attack a certain opponent by using the R1 and the X button. to do this, lock on, and press R1 and X to attack. this one might be hard, cause you have to search a certain opponent then attack it.
7. tandom attack. in this lesson, you have to help out your team member to finish off an enemy. what you have to do is wait for your team to attack the opponent with bravery, then finish it off with your HP attack.
8. tandom attack, part 2. here, you have to attack your enemy with bravery, then your team will finish it with an HP attack.

and now, here comes the final tutorial, the battle core:

1. locking on to an EX core. if you or your enemy is getting hit, an EX core will appear on the battlefield. to lock on in to it, simply press the lock button like when you are locking in to an enemy.
2. defending your own core. in this lesson, you have to prevent your enemy to attack your core. what you have to do is walk forward in to your own EX core and press the L1 button to guard it.
3. victory condition. in this lesson, you have to attack the enemy that surrounds the core and destroy it. but first, revive yourself from an enemy's attack, attack your enemy, then destroy the core.
4. core battle trial. here, all you have to do is lock on, and attack the core until it's destroyed, while at the same time defending your own core from your enemy.
that's all, for the tutorial lessons.

2018-01-14 20:17:23

Thanks for the detailed explanations! How did you figure all that out?

2018-01-14 21:49:59

while playing the tutorial, I watch the video about the beta that orin posted here

2018-01-15 07:49:53

Wow. The game sounds exciting. Do you know if it'll be released for the XBox as well?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-15 08:05:54

This game is a ps4 exclusive. Well, console wise, anyway. No PC release, either, as far as I know.

2018-01-15 11:46:10

I still haven't yet downloaded the beta, but I want to knwo how   blind folk go about doing so, that way I can.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel