2018-01-13 04:30:12

To the person wanting to find the horse:
slight
spoilers
You won't find him if you don't unlock the ruins. Somehow the horse got past the stranglehold vines without a special flower. Heh. You should find the horse somewhere near the bridge over the stream in the ruins.

end
spoiler

I've also never really found a compelling reason to use daggers. I suspect that given their weight, they might be good for characters like Gwen and Alexia, however, who don't want to be weighed down by heavier stuff when using physical attacks. I can't say that I've had a good reason to use physical attacks with them, though. That's my only thing.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-13 05:44:14

I wish there was a way to find out what quests I haven’t come across yet. I know for a fact that at least I am missing three. I’ve got 31 of which 27 are now complete. I know another one I cannot do because I messed it up. I’ll have to do that one on the next playthrough. But if there are 35 quests, I’m missing three.

2018-01-13 05:44:20 (edited by Loxias 2018-01-13 05:45:17)

Yeah, I've never used physical attacks with my casters, unless I see a mortally wounded opponent that I just don't want to spend mana to finish off. I'd much rather give them weapons that boost the damage type of some of their spells, like blade of the storm mage or whatever.

Uh oh, you can mess quests up permanently? That sounds like a potential bug.

2018-01-13 06:07:38

No, let me rephrase that. What happened was I did something out of order and the person that I was supposed to have saved and trying to get him back home was killed instead.

2018-01-13 06:23:48 (edited by defender 2018-01-13 06:28:25)

Both magic users can do attacks that do 150 percent of normal melee damage and also add extra magical damage, like an enhanced warrior's strike, so I give them at least like 16 strength and just add a point here and there when their  magical damage, mana and accuracy are more than high enough to deal with the current calliber of enemy I'm facing and their health is good as well.
Makes it so they can be kind of bad asses and use some of that stamina for something other than mana regen.
I like giving them a dolphin blade, fine goblin ripper, and then blade of moonlight and a staff in the other hand.
That said though, their isn't really much point in that accept for variety, since you don't really start facing dragon's until Gwen has enough skill points to spend on at least a decent amount of power in a second element anyway, (I'm saying this because I think most people probably choose fire for damage) and light of purity is pretty much good against anything accept high level necromancer's and dark wizards, who do admittedly show up in packs for a while...

In response to post 1003.;
I thought it meant that too, but actually when it says for instance, 25 additional fire damage, it just means coming from the weapon, not added to the magical attacks. Since ones with extra holy damage will do that amount of damage to ghosts, where as a physical attack would normally do nothing.
You want rings for added elemental damage...

2018-01-13 06:50:58

@Loxias #992: They tend to be much lighter than other weapons, which in turns means you are faster and more accurate. You'll also notice that daggers tend to have a much higher critical hit threat than comparable weapons. So yes, you take a hit to overall damage, but on the flip side, your attacks are going to be more accurate, and have a higher chance of dealing double damage. So it depends on your build. If I had a character built to be light, fast, and evasive, and focus on attacks that have high critical threat, I'm gonna seriously consider equipping him with a dagger.

@kratos #993: "Free-turning" like you would do with the mouse isn't necessary for gameplay—you can turn to the cardinal directions using the gamepad triggers, and can snap to face containers and units using the shoulder buttons. We are still working on implementing free-turn with the analog stick, however. But in short, yes, you should be able to play with just a gamepad—I do, quite often.

2018-01-13 07:33:13

Re 1005: The message for the effect on the sword and on the rings is exactly the same, is there anywhere that states that their effects work differently? I do have chain lightning rings on Gwen for lightning damage, too. But if those boost spells whereas the weapon boosts melee hits, that would be good to know.

Also, possibly related to this, I founda  fire gem and a lightning gem. Are these used for anything?

2018-01-13 07:41:47

@1007
Wait, there are elemental gems? That's news to me. I've actually been wondering about the damage thing too, my Alexia's being weighed down with a crusader's sword that never actually gets used. But if the damage bonus only applies to attacks with the weapon, I might as well just have her go unarmed.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-01-13 08:29:16

hey joseph I would like an entire walkthrough for this game.
the reason is because I do not know how many quests are in this game and I'm finding them hard to complete.
can you list each quest including how to complete it and what to do if I get stuck?
I talk to People to get tips and advice and I open my quest log to find out What I must do in each quest.
so I am going to need a text walkthrough so that I can complete this game.
oh and does the game have good or bad endings?
I'm not asking for an audio walkthrough, only a text walkthrough.

2018-01-13 08:45:26

I’ve never seen elemental gems either. I want! Laughing out loud.

2018-01-13 09:08:16

hi,
Spoiler alert!
The gems are in the crystal caverns. I am also interested if they do anything. Esspecially the cracked and flawed gems that come out of the urns.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-13 11:03:04

I'll have to have a gander in there next time I'm there. The cracked and flawed gems are, as far as I know, just a way to earn gold though.

Thanks for the clarification on daggers.

Nick, you aren't going to get a complete walkthrough that way. Why not just keep looking, talk to folks, and play the game? Trust me. None of this is absolute rocket science. A few are a little tricky, but not so that you'd absolutely require a walkthrough. Like I said, I managed to do all quests - or all quests I've ever seen, a total of 35 I believe - in about 24 hours or so, and that's not while speed-running.

Since I'm awake stupid early, I think I'm gonna put in some serious time on my hard playthrough. See what unlocks and all that.

2018-01-13 12:03:23

How does dual wealding work exactly in this game? I tried equipping dolphin blades to my main and sub hands, but the base damage doesn't seem to change at all. I am a warrior with level 27.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-01-13 12:05:12

Jade, post 1012. Would there be a way that you would be willing to list all the quests that you’ve done? Because I’m not exactly sure which quests are missing but I know I’m missing a few and I would love to be able to find them before the game ends. Thanks.  If you would like, you are more than welcome to email them to me directly. My email is
chipper0182 at gmail dot com
Thanks again. The email is written in such a way that I would hope spambot around the net wouldn’t be able to catch it and give me any trouble. LOL.

2018-01-13 12:59:53

Speedrunning? What'd the price be? I'm definitely going to be in the top for this one.
Right now it's weird, sapi doesn't announce all damages like it used to, only a few, seems like when my party takes damage it doesn't say it but I haven't managed to pin down exact details yet.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-01-13 14:14:09

It's funny that I managed to stumble to both the troubled areas (the knoll and the bluff) by accident just before looking at these posts, lol. Loving the game so far.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-01-13 14:35:57

Hello folks! Jayde, thanks for the info.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-01-13 14:38:17

I don't have a save file with all the quests right now, but when I get back to that point, I'll let you know.

2018-01-13 15:23:16

And speaking of save files, I am seriously, seriously pissed at the moment. It's my own fault, but that doesn't stop me being angry.

I got tired of getting ambushed by juvenile wyverns and being wiped out, so I decided, what the hell, I'll start a new playthrough on hard, using a warrior, see how that goes. Great. Except because of the way save files are positioned, I just deleted my main save file and replaced it with one that's less than ten minutes old.
All that progress is gone. I may have a backup somewhere, but it'll be at the very beginning of my hard playthrough, and I'm not sure I have the heart for it right now.

For future reference, it would be neat if the cursor when you go to save a game highlights the file you created, rather than the very top of the list every time. This mistake was my fault, but it came from long, long association with going to the save menu, hitting the down arrow once and saving. Had it been set up so that the game auto-highlighted the save file you're currently in by default, the down-arrow pattern would never have been established and it's very likely I'd never have made that mistake. It also just plain makes sense. Maybe a possible UI tweak, right up there with being able to rearrange our skill/spell list somehow?

2018-01-13 15:27:31

Having sunk several hours (likely at least 40+) into the game now before I started my most recent save, I can now say that with just under 13 hours on the in-game time played (obtained by pressing T for those who might not know), I've managed to beat the main quest line.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
A
R
E
A
H
E
A
D

I tried taking down the final voss with my prefered team of my warrior character, Gwen and Alexia, but for one reason or another, it never seemed to work.  Either the minions took me down before I could use a skill, or the final boss actually started using their own skills to make things frustrating.  However, I discovered that poison was the way to go with this fight, using my warrior character, Simeon and Matthias.  I poisoned the guards, then hit them again for good measure being careful not to use too many attacks that they could counter, all the while keeping the final boss unable to attack.  Also, having large amounts of potions for stamina, mana and health is very useful if you don't have Alexia on your team.  I reckon if I'd have had one of Alexia's latere skills the fight may have been easier but I don't think you get it until around level 30+.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
E
N
D
H
E
R
E

I'm going to try and clear up the side quests, though I'm still having trouble finding wolf dens and ambush sites.  We'll see how that, plus the quests in the mines end up going.

Congratulations, once again, to the teams at Out Of Sight games who created a compelling narrative with, I'd argue, well-written characters (who are also voiced with talent by those who undertake the roles).

I look forward to seeing where this game and future projects from Out Of Sight Games go, given this strong entry into the RPG genre.  With New Game Plus as an additional experience, it'll be interesting what happens once a player obtains all the skills.  Who knows.  It may be possible for a player to take down larger-scale enemies single-handledly, but that remains to be seen.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-01-13 17:07:32

Can anyone tell me what could cause incredible lag in the forest near the bandit campsites and some other areas?

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-01-13 17:30:55

A combination of a lot of items and a system that's got a lot of wear and tear. Manamon and AHC (the beta version I mucked around with last year) lagged my Windows 8.1 system because the thing's never been formatted. Both games would make it lag horribly (Manamon only when starting, mind you), so that's the only thing I can think of.

2018-01-13 17:46:35

Hello. Well there's a thing i want to tell you, But i'm not sure if it's a bug or a part of the quest. I wanted to give the note i found to freida but she was gone, She wasn't there at the bedroom. Is that part of the quest or a game crash caused this?

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-01-13 18:09:28

Characters move, but she would probbly be in the bedroom or somewhere else inside the house. IF she's not in the house at all, that may be a bug.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-01-13 18:17:38

For those who asked for a list of the quest, here's all the ones I managed to complete.

Spoilerish
Stuff
Here

completed quests
Pilgrim's Progress
A Balancing Act
Laying Down the Law
Betrayed
Brother's Keeper
Getting at the Heart
You Can Lead a Horse to Water...
The Good Shepherd
Stolen From the Rich
Time in a Bottle
Finding the Founders
Who Framed Rogarr Rabgurg?
The Sweet Smell of Success
Tools of the Trade
Test Your Metal
Supply Lines
A House Divided
No Rest for the Wicked
Family Legacy
Trouble Sleeping
Horsepower
Strange Bedfellows
Predators and Prey
The Exterminator
Ancient Evil
A Hero's Call
The Ties That Bind
An Offer of Aid
Reunited
Haunted By the Past
The Goblin King and I
Business as Usual
Actually Love
Changing of the Guard

If there's supposed to be 35 though, then I guess I've missed one. Does anyone know if there's one tied to the crystal cavern? I never found one, but that place seems important.

Spoilerish
Stuff
Ends

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4