2018-01-06 16:54:03

Hey there.
I want to get an ebook for my birthday.
I want something accesible, but not as powerful like a tablet, something slim and accesible.
Someone mentioned about something with voice view.
Can someone suggest me one and make a gwide how to make it accessible?
Thanks in advance.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-01-06 17:02:32

I'd recommend you the fire tablet, but I never got the kindle app working on mine when I had it, it would crash. It's still a good tablet though, well not good, but like, better than some I've seen, its reasonably fast.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-06 17:30:13

I know these tablets and I have 3 android tablets myself, one is the fastes, an acer Iconia b1, 7 inkes, but I want an ebook like a paper, I saw something like that and I want to know if I can find something like that.

2018-01-06 18:18:45

What you want is probably a Kindle paper white ebook reader, or something similar. Reading ebooks is all it does. I have no idea how accessible they are though, and being a Kindle, is pretty much married to Amazon.

2018-01-06 19:03:34

you don't want a paper-white, it has no speaker and I don't think has speech. The kindle fires do and Amazon has been making leaps and bounds over the past year or two in accessibility. I love my Kindle fire and it is very easy to use the kindle app. There's a couple little tricks.

1. when you buy a book, make sure it says text to speech. enabled (most do on Amazon.)
2. complete the tutorial for using the tablet so you have things down.
You can use the navigation drawer as it is called in the Kindle to zip about with the table of contents so you'll be good on that one.
3. when you open the book  that has text to speech. double-tap the screen and the menus will come up. In the very bottom right there is a start text to speech button and you can double-tap it to make the kindle read to you. It is to the right of the change text to speech speed button which you touch repeatedly with double-taps to get the speed you want, I listen at 3x speed.
4. The Kindle will continue to read to you with voiceview until it gets to the end of the book or you give the tablet more commands. This can also be making the ttablet change orientation such as to landscape. To prevent this from happening. Hit the button to make it lock before doing anything else with it and sit back and enjoy. You can usually get about 24 hours of straight speech reading from it, or possibly slightly more before it needs a recharge, though of course using the silk internet browser or running other programs or keeping it unlocked will drain it faster. When it is locked however, it will not give you a low battery warning. But you can use it while charging and it charges in an hour or so.

if the fire still isn't your thing, a kindle keyboard is pretty good. They don't make them anymore but you could probably get one dirt cheap and they also have text-to-speech accessibility and a speaker, though the speech isn't as good as it is on the tablet. Also because of a change in how Amazon does deliveries of e-books ot the kindle. You'll have to hook it up to a computer via a cable to import books rather than being able to remotely download them via wifi. The thing also doesn't have accessible internet and you'll need a friend to help you set it up but it'll work great after that if you are willing to work with the problems it has.

The Fire is generally what I've found works best.

2018-01-08 00:42:36

A fire is kiap and I heared it is verry good, but my mother said I have a tablet, so, unless this is broken I will not get another.
And I heared good things about paper white things, but I am not sure how can I read with them.

2018-01-12 23:29:45

Sorry for double posting, but do you mean by the fire tablet the one who is 50 dolars?
If yes, I can buy it for sure.

2018-01-13 02:34:08

I don't remember how much it costs but the smallest fire is kind of cheap and it will do what you need it to do. Fire prices have gone down quite a bit recently though.

2018-01-13 14:52:25

I heared about one of 99 dolars, kind of expensive onli for reading books, but I heared about something of 50 dolars, something like 6.8 inkes, but I am not sure.

2018-01-13 17:34:04

The Kindle fire can do more than read books, it can surf the web, play android apps, more of which are accessible to us, stream stuff and all the stuff the ipad can do, so if you're getting $99 for a kindle fire, it is far more than just a reading device, though that is primarily what I use mine for.

2018-01-13 23:17:45

I want the 99 dolars one, but if my mother does not want to buy it for me I will get the 50 dolars tablet, is the same, onli a smaller display, but the thing is the same.

2018-01-14 16:57:57

I looked onto Amazon.com and the tablets have the same specks, onli on the one the display is hd and the one is qvga or something, so, cause I am blind, no display for me.
I think I will get the 50 dolars one cause I have others 3 android tablets and some droid phones.