2018-01-10 02:49:16

Orko wrote:

LOL! 95 degrees C isn't even the boiling point of water, no way silicon will melt at that low temperature.

Time was I would say that AMD was definitely the superior CPU, but that would be from nearly ten years of using them with never a problem getting in the way. But now that I've been using an Intel based laptop for ten years, also with no problems to speak of, I think the best answer to this question is that neither one is better than the other, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. So its down to personal preference.

Kind of like which came first, the chicken or the egg. Neither answer is right or wrong, it's just an answer.

yup good point.

2018-01-10 04:03:37 (edited by braille0109 2018-01-10 04:05:20)

honestly, I'm not sure what I want. I know I use my PC more than anything, and I have considered a desktop, but then there's the issue of portability. if I get a desktop, I will have to keep this dell as a backup. as for price, I'm willing to go up to £500, not sure what that is in dollars. within that range, I need a drive that's bigger than 256 GB, I need 8 gigs of RAM. processor, obviously, I don't want it to clock out just by games, or a virtual machine, but I also don't need the greatest and latest, not to mention I don't have a need for a graphics card. other than that, I'm pretty much opened. I looked around, and it's either the ones I mentioned above, or HP, but I'm somewhat scared of HP. I'm yet to hear good about HP either in this topic, or from friends. as for custom built PCs, honestly, I don't think I have the knowledge for that, LOL. as a side note, computers seem to be more expensive over here, from what I've seen.

2018-01-10 13:10:35

@braille0109

At current exchange rates, 500 pounds is about 675 US dollars.

I used to have both a desktop and a laptop. What a pain! Every time I went traveling I had to go through my files and synchronize them between the two systems, and make sure that any programs I might want to use are installed on the laptop, then repeat the process when I return to move changed files back to the desktop. So I switched to making a laptop my primary computer. Now when I go traveling, all I have to do is grab my laptop. I'll never go back to a desktop.