2018-01-08 14:35:11

Hi all,
After reading Dark's review, I decided to buy the Smugglers bundle, which includes smugglers 3. However, I'm running into some interesting problems with the game with nvda. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm running it on windows10, but when using  screen review certain things can't be clicked on. Has anyone else experienced this?
NVDA 2017.4 and windows10 64bit.
Many thanks for any help,

Daniel

2018-01-08 19:07:36

I'm not sure exactly Daniel, since I haven't tried smugglers 3 with Nvda.

I do know it uses far more standard windows controls than 4 or 5, list boxes, buttons etc, so sometimes you might be best off turning off screen review and using arrows, eg, when looking at lists of upgrades or the holds of your ships.

I do remember needing to actually use simulated mouse clicks far more in the game than in 4 or 5, eg, I'd have to press the space bar twice in rapid succession to perform a double click on items with Supernova, rather than having supernova's usual instant double click keys work, so you might give that a try (I  the left click emulation in Nvda is numbpad plus but don't quote me as I haven't had to use it thus far).

In general however I would recommend playing smugglers 5 over 3, , particularly because the interface  less haphazard and you can find a guide about s5 and Nvda in the articles room.

Even in gameplay terms though, while 4 didn't replicate everything from 3, 5 now sort of does. orbital turrits and a lot of the ships are back, plus 5  advantages such as far more interesting combat, actual stories for each planet, professions, npcs  etc, (you can even now still get married).

3 is a great game and I don't regret the time I spent with it,  there is a reason it's now essentially been down graded to a freebee.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-08 19:29:14

Hi,
Thanks much dark. I was actually trying to buy five, but for some reason the neilsbouerr site, or rather the merchant they use says that it is no longer for sale... I'm not quite sure why, Smugglers 5: Secession that is. Is there another platform that it's best to buy the game from?
Cheers,

Daniel

2018-01-10 16:32:15

Sorry for the double post, but I figure it's been some time and others may be interested in my findings. It doesn't appear that smugglers 5 sesession or invasion are availible from the company's website, according to their distributor it was discontinued from their catalog. It is however availible from steam, in the meantime I wait to hear back from the developer about this.
HTH,

Daniel