2018-01-05 06:35:09

Has anyone downloaded the latest version of manamon? It's being seen as a threat by my antivirus, and it's giving me an error at the end of installation, which sounds like it can't find a particular file. I'm a bit miffed at this, because I've bought this game not too long ago, and I've gotten to a point where it said to get the latest version to use some features. now I've uninstalled my old, safe version to get this one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2018-01-05 06:38:17

Latest version as of when? I ran the updater two or three days ago and it said it was the most current. I had no problems with it, though Windows Defender didn't like it at first and I had to play with settings. As far as files and missing dependencies, no issue there on my end, unless your problem has appeared in the first couple of days.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-05 10:02:57

it's not a virus,  windows defender detect's  bgt games as a virus, and other apps

2018-01-05 10:09:17

My suggestion is to turn off Windows defender for awhile, and add an exceptions for it in the Windows defender. It should fix the problem.

2018-01-05 15:54:21

It's not windows defender. it's avast. And  it gives errors right after downloading and then when trying to play. I downloaded the version I had about 6 months ago. I hadn't stayed current because I'd just been on the demo and hadn't known the game had updated. but now I bought the game and it told me to update when I passed the first stadium.

2018-01-05 17:29:27

Oh yeah, get avast off your system straight away lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-05 19:46:27

LOL. Now we're getting into off topic territory because I haven't been able to find a nice, accessible antivirus besides avast worth its storage space.

2018-01-05 19:49:37 (edited by SirBadger 2018-01-05 19:55:13)

eset's doing the same thing. won't install the rpg.exe file. strange thing is, I have an older copy of the installer and that installs just fine and eset has no problems with it so why it's giving a false positive about the new one is beyond me.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-01-06 02:08:44

well I guess we'll find out: I've sent the file in question to eset to have them work out if it's a false positive or not. I'm guessing there's nothing wrong with it but I still find it strange that the older version I have installs fine but the new one kicks my anti virus off and I've never had trouble with eset before.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-01-07 02:47:45

Thank you. I don't have any contacts to these devs lol. Doing the same thing for you? good it's not me. Yes, the older version is what I had been playing on. I really hope it doesn't mess with my perchase of the game.

2018-01-07 03:28:38

@10, the dev should put their contact details on their website.

2018-01-07 18:38:38

I would ignore the antivirus thing if you all told me to, that's fine. but is there a way for me to get the thing to install the rpg.exe? I have uninstalled and reinstalled manamon twice lol. And growls, I can't even uninstall avast accessibly, so can't even take that out of the picture temporarily if that indeed is the problem.

2018-01-08 13:21:00

avast is pretty much one of the most inaccessible antivirus programs. things like defender allows exceptions to be added, avast will need sighted attention. I do know of a way to get rid of avast, without sighted, but that requires safe mode, and it really depends on personal confidence, if one is willing to risk it. but yes, avast is part of the issue.

2018-01-08 14:29:32

Or, if you have someone sighted with you, you can ask them to disable the virus protection for awhile, and ask them to add the "RPG.exe" to the avast exceptions lists.

And, if you want to uninstall Avast from your system, if you use NVDA, there is some registry files that allows you to have sounds in safe mode. But I'm not sure Avast uninstaller is accessible or not. You may want to try that if you want to get rid of Avast.

2018-01-09 07:04:22

on one of my other computers, I got a virus and decided to install avast to see if I could get rid of it. That was the worst decission i've ever made. For one, avast thought half of my games were virus and deleted them without even telling me.
Also, when I tried to get rid of it, the installer was completely inaccessible. I did manage to finally get rid of it by using ocr though, but I would not recommend using it as an anti virus program.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2018-01-09 12:20:05

Since AVAST is not running in safe mode, it's installer is 90% accessible. BTW, if you have the registry patch, you can, to my knowledge, use any screen reader in safe mode.

2018-01-10 03:18:00

But I'm pretty sure that you cannot use JAWs in safe mode. Because JAWS Needs graphics driver to be loaded.

2018-01-10 03:58:00

anyone wants me to try it? I mean, I haven't tried it, but I can give it a go, and see what happens. I thought JAWS had it's own graphics driver, which would be loaded on start up, but I could be wrong.

2018-01-10 20:32:09

iiiwww. ok. thanks for the advice everyone. Still get viruses through that thing and then I find out it's not even accessible? wow. I don't really know how to get to safe mode with win 10, I might have to have my mother help me uninstall the blasted thing. does defender auto take over if I have no third party antiviruses? then I can try to redownload. sigh.

2018-01-10 21:44:47

As for antivirus, disable before install, then add exceptions for the appropriate file paths before re-enabling it.  JFW has its own stand-alone driver.  It can be found in device manager display adapters.  You should see at least a minimum of 2 adapters, your PC graphics card, and "freedom scientific accessibility display driver."  I currently have my graphics driver disabled, and JFW works fine.
As for safe mode, I am unaware of the ability to use a screen reader, as normally audio drivers are not loaded when booting into safe mode.  If there is a way of doing this, I would appreciate that information being shared.  Thanks.