2018-01-04 09:52:51

Subject says it all. All of a sudden, MS Security Essentials is reporting the main Eloquence DLL from my copy of Code Factory Eloquence SAPI as a trojan. This is a perfectly legal copy, btw. Is anyone else experiencing this? I just want to be sure it's a new false positive and not a deal where my copy was somehow silently infected without Essentials catching the program that did it. Thanks for any help.

2018-01-04 10:09:22

I just scanned my code factory folder with MSE and it reported no threats.

2018-01-04 11:55:16

some theories, it could be, that another app is infected, hence caused this .dll to become infected, select full scan and see what ya find, other wise, redownload the app and re install eloquence, if MSE still insists its bad, backup your system and do a system restore to wich day it did not mention this.
perhaps backup all your data, and considder, reinstalling the o.s. just to be safe. I never play with things like that. and,  I always be over secure, rather then infected, if said, .dll, file stil comes up as being infected or perceived by MSE as being infected after o.s. reinstelation and fresh download from code factoreys page, then we know its a faulse positive. I am leaning towards faulse posetive due to the functions the .dll file performs, home checking to code factory to authenticate, comes to mind, and hence why MSE is perceiving it as a bad file. That is some of my theories

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-01-04 12:44:00

First I updated my definitions to make sure I had the latest version, then I scanned my Code Factory folder, nothing was detected there, though it did say that a file in Light Battles was infected with a Trojan. Go figure.

2018-01-05 17:21:45

seems other dll files infected somehow,
and your eloquence as well
I'de recommend reinstall,  or make full scan your computer

2018-01-06 00:38:56

Sadly I wouldn't trust any antivirus program.
Our software in general, bgt and other software seems to be targeted, some say its just coincidence however its happening to often to be that.
I actually think they are targeting our stuff on purpose.
Firstly, does your system have any other issues?
If not, exclude all the folders, I usually exclude all blind games, screen readers and the like.
Some go as far as excluding program directories and download folders but thats dangerous, I do do that with my backup drives which do not share the system unless I am doing stuff from those drives.
I would run malwarebytes and see if there is any actual malware on there.

2018-01-06 02:24:55

Why would microsoft deliberately flag accessible software as threats? That sounds silly, honestly.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-01-06 09:02:54

to clarify, the only reason, why a anti virus app  may flag our software more is because, some of our software needs, more intimate access to the system then other apps out there. its merely doing what its designed to do, and sometimes gets over zelliss, the issue comes in ware the devs of the software cannot be bothered to actually test the false positives we submit, so hence we not seeing any improvement in it as time goes by, they'll only cater for main stream software or, apps that will impact allot of  users, and that is ware they'll reconsider false positives.
although, i've never seen MSE act that way with the app mentioned in this post. then again, each system is unique, with unique settings and other apps we do not know of. here's a good old example.
i have a app that can, retreave forgotten passwords. guess what? its flagged as a hacking tool. now, its not intended to hack, but to help. but, its actual nature is to find things in places no average smokie joe will go in to. so the antivirus rightfully flags it as bad. yet its what you intend to do with it, or what it intends to do, in conjunction with what its being used with, that matters.
now, it has to let me know about this so called, bad app, because,  had I not willingly launched it, and, had, another app, launched this particular app that was wrapped in a known trusted app, it effectavely would be tricking me to think its safe. when it is not.
so yep. sometimes, we got to think further, then just 1 instance of weather something is a false posetive or not.
as for code factory? sadly I don't have that app. and cannot buy it, so there fore, cannot test/comment more thurrowly about it. as nice as it would have been to have.
although I do believe my postulations and educated guesses  would be right on the money.

There's a place for me in this universe.