2018-01-05 04:34:28

Hello together,

I shortly started playing AHC and I enjoy it very much. There is just one thing which is bothering me at the moment: I really don't know how i can pass the Hydra in the mines. I heard that there used to be a way around it, but I can't find this way. Can you maybe give me a little hint where I can search for a way or how I can defeat the Hydra.

I don't want a complete solve of this, I just need a hint of what I have to do over there.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Shadowlink

2018-01-05 04:47:11

just fight with it,and win,you can immobilize

2018-01-05 05:40:55

Kick its ass!

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-05 10:41:42

what I recommend, and this is just me, is pre-suit up. I used quite  bit of my priest's spells before the battle and my characters special abilities before hand, and then entered the battle.

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!

2018-01-06 09:38:03

That's what I did too - pre souped everyone up, went into the battle and immobilized the Hydra.  I also went and picked the lock of display cases so I'd have extra beefy equipment for my party, and even then it was a final showdown between one of the heads and Alexia - gotta say it's something I'll always remember though, was pretty epic big_smile

2018-01-07 23:30:42

Sorry for my late answer: I managed it to defeat the Hydra, though it was kind of hard.

2018-01-09 17:44:26

Agreed with the above tips. Buffing up before you enter combat is a good thing, and this is one fight where debut skills or poisons (things that negatively impact the enemy) are particularly useful. I personally find that the harder my party is to hit, the easier the hydra is to survive—this means using things like Distract, Trick Master or Whiteout to lower the hydra's accuracy, Favor of the Divine to increase party dodge chance, and so on. Note that hydras do have a skill they can use to recover from debilitating status ailments—but even if they use it, that's one more round they aren't attacking you.

2018-01-10 01:12:56

Hey guys.

Spoiler alert:

I've been playing AHC for about a week or so solid now, really getting into the meat of the game.

So far I've cleared several zones and quests, really advancing quick. I've just got a couple of questions about the graveyard, and the silver shade mines.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I've been clearing the graveyard mausoleums fairly successfully, and have already defeated lord ulcano (apologies for misspelling). I've told Liam of my victory and he said that he would meet me in the shrine to attempt to retrieve the dark item.

I've tried to meet him there twice now, standing in the mausoleum itself, both inside and out, and even re-entering the crypts, but he doesn't seem to appear. Is this a bug? or am I waiting for him in the wrong place? I even tried to meet him in the ancient shrine in the graveyard that is part of Alexia's quest Pilgrim's progress, and he was still a no show.

Secondly, I've cleared all 4 goblin encampments in the mines, killing the kings and taking their keys to unlock the gates on the great bridge. I've entered the goblin palace, and found a few more progressions for other quests, such as finding willhelm for the reunited quest. However, as I go through the palace, doors keep locking behind me, herding me towards the goblin king's arena.

I attempted to clear that zone once, and was doing well until my party was picked off in the fifth fight with the goblin king's forces. Is there any way to avoid getting lured into the trap, or is that the only way? in which case i'll need to try again and see what I can do differently.
Thanks for any tips you can give me.

Kindest regards

Archer

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2018-01-10 09:48:10 (edited by grryfindore 2018-01-10 09:49:25)

Hi,
This post may contain the mineshaft spoilers... so dont continue reading unless you want parts of it spoiled!

@archer, once you enter the arina that is before the fight sequence starts,buff yourself up,and hope for the best!
I dont know if there is any other way to deal with the goblin king besides getting trapped by him into the arina as that is the path I followed and I havent started my next playthrough yet. I am stuck but more on that in a bit.

As to your ulcano mausoleum and the liam quest question, if I remember right, as soon as you enter the ulcano mausoleum from the main door, there is the tomb to the lord whatshisname straight ahead,however to the east there is an opening as well,along the way from the door,turn when you see an opening to the right or east,what you will,follow that path and you should find both liam and the shrine he was talking about.

I have a question as well,and its related to the goblin palace in the mine. I Am trying to free a few prisnors, and I feel like I am missing something farely obvious,but where in hell is the gatehouse in there? I have spent the last half an hour to maybe 1 hour in searching for it,but havent found the dam thing yet...

on a related spoilerish note...

quest spoilers wrote:

I seriously feel like I should have taken the summon dead ability from the sharman and leave the other bugger to rot in the dungens!!!!!.
But eh,whats done is done,I guess...

Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-01-10 12:56:52

Hey Grryf

Thanks for advice, i'll check out whether I can carry on with goblin king while fully buffed.

The guardhouse in the goblin palace is very near to the bridge. when I was exploring that area, it was one of the first areas I found. There should be a wooden lever in there, that I assume will release the prisoners.

Hope that helps.

Archer

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2018-01-10 16:57:42

Hi,

Thanks archer!
and a spoiler worning at others
The gatehouse was just there! I walk passed it like 50 times,because its entrence was hidden between 2 walls... ;(
oh well,thanks anyway!!!!
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-01-11 14:58:51

hello there everyone and a verry happy new year to you all. May I just say that I absolutely love this game and I have very good feelings about out of sight games. My question has to do with the mine as well, how in the world do I find the trap door simeon mentions? after I defeat the hydras, he says that the trap door is just north of here, but I'm not exactly sure where that is. So any sort of help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

2018-01-11 19:35:58

***SPOILERS***

There are two entrances to the chamber with the underground lake. One is the one you came in through. The other one is along the north wall of the changer, but the tunnel itself actually starts branching to the west, so it can be a little confusing. Follow this path on, and continue exploring. I won't spoil too much, but there are a couple of named regions beyond this point, and once you enter a particular one, Simeon will speak to you again and will help you find the trapdoor from there. Thanks for the kind words, and good luck on your adventures!

2018-01-12 01:01:55

Hello. I'm not having problems to be spoiled so could someone give me a hint about finding the palace, I found the chiftten's tresiness letter, and the other one in the setelment but I really can't find the palace, I've been looking for a long time but I always came back as my starting point or I reached the setelment. Please tell me if I have to go across the crystal cavern walls or if I should go around the goblin setelment. Lol BTW something interesting happened to me. After killing the spirit which rises when you give the fixed amulet to the father, Father's voice spawn in two diffrent directions. So his sentenses was kind of echo and I had to leave and back again to fix that problem.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988