2018-01-02 01:15:14

There were some topics on here about the Amazon Echo and Alexa and what not.  Well, I decided to take this a bit further and do a jam with Echo's beat box.  This also was a good run through of learning how to use Reaper.  Apparently I got it figured out.

https://youtu.be/94xznjPKdHI

Setup:
Reaper
Tascam US-1800 Interface
Guitar Rig navigated with OCR for guitar and bass.
Roland TD-50 drum kit multi track.
Amazon Echo 2nd Generation.
iZotope Ozone 5 for mastering.
OBS Studios for screen and sound capture.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-02 09:18:11

Sounds awesome. You got a TD50, wow. How much have you managed to do with OCR in a vst window like guitar rig? NVDA's OCR seems a little more accurate than Jaws' but still not sure how you get things done using it. I've scripted guitar rig, but it took a lot of pestering sighted people to position the mouse on almost every clickable item in the app, which as you can imagine took a lot of time. There will always be other VSTs I want to use in the future, and it'd be cool to get things done independently. Also, have you noticed that the preset list for guitar rig that appears at the top of VST windows in both sonar and reaper only goes up to the first hundred or so presets? In sonar, if you can access the preset list in the app window itself, the name will show up in the list at the top, but I can't get that to happen in reaper.

2018-01-02 15:11:54

Well, for me to use it in NVDA with OCR, it's a little tricky but due to the way that GR and Absynth navigate, you can access everything .  FIrst of all, I access the main list where it says New In GR S (which is GR5 actually), and then I select what I want with OCR, then hti enter, sometimes it will send me back to the actual vst screen, where I will hit enter, then I will bring up OCR again, and from there, I will  go to the sub catergory where it misreads some stuff, but it says stuff like fun and soul, classic rock, etc.   then I select there again, scroll down with arrow keys and then rescan for new text, hoping I find what I wanted, which was metal, then select it ad again after I remove ocr's window.  Bring up OCR a 3rd time, go to the presets window, which will srart with a number, then I will find myself looking for the names like GOd's Love, Slip Mat, Slip Note Wide, etc, and then I will click again, then remove OCR, then select one, then I will use the arrow keys to navigate that list, and select which one I want with Enter, and continue to scroll until I like what I hear, then I will bring up OCR again for a 4th time to find the preset name.

Do you use Skype.    We're working on Migrating SIbiac over to Reaper but with the new Windows 10 updates, there were some problems, but we're not sure if it's sonar related or not.   The script we use uses the older style OCR, and it auto reads the selected text by the way the navigation changes window colors and such.    WIth Auto Hot Key and GOlden Cursor, it's easy to create some accessible VST windows, and I want to learn how to script since I have so many things I'd love to do.   My programmer is working on something that will allow me to open Sonar projects in Reaper.

Yes, I have a TD-50 with the Foundations and Studio X vex packs.  I absolutely love them.  My DW kit is converted to electronic with my electronics I modified and I have 3 rack toms, floor tom, kick, snare, and  7 cymbals and a hi-hat.

The TD-50 is not considered "accessible" but is definitely more easier to work with than the 15.  All your main functions are on the surface.  There are dedicated buttons for loadingsaving menus, copy/paste menus, trigger settings, kit piece settings, the mixer is much easier to dial in and out audio and ambience, the song and click  menus have dedicated buttons, and all source and output volumes have independant  pot knobs.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-02 21:54:37 (edited by flackers 2018-01-03 03:45:28)

I sent you a email via the forum the other day. It mustn't have made it to you. I'll send you a PM. I can only script using the jaws language. If you have a copy of jaws, you could try my guitar rig scripts if you like. They'll allow you to navigate the rack to check what components are present and adjust their controls, go to the components window and build a custom rack, add or swap out components, bypass or delete components, turn on/off right left channels, hi q, adjust input and output, and search presets and access the presets list. I think you mentioned being able to access the parameters, but when I try to do that in Sonar or Reaper, I just get a massive list of stuff saying p001, p002, or something. I'm sure parameters in older versions of GR5  were labelled properly.

2018-01-03 15:53:29

Hmm, well, I don't have Jaws.  As for finding rack stuff, I can find it in OCR, but can't really switch anything out, but I found myself not really needing to, although I can turn stuff on and off.  With SIBIAC, I was able to navigate the preset tree with speech. Same with Absynth 5.

AZ is working on bugs in SIBIAC, then we're going to bring it over to Reaper.  RIght now, there's a problem, and he thinks it's related to Windows updates, that's causing SIBIAC to not focus  properly on the associated window.  Not sure though.  He's learning Python as he codes it, so  yeah.  He may be interested in any help if anyone reads this that might could.

Me, I'm not a programmer, just a tester.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-01-04 12:00:07 (edited by flyby chow 2018-01-04 12:00:42)

quick question. what add on is needed with n v d a to get things working? i saw you said, there's a add on that is being worked on, would you be so kind as to post a link as to ware to check it out/try it? very nice work done with the creative way in wich you took her rocking and put it in a tune. I love that!

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-01-04 12:02:49

apologies for the double post, my question is, if i wish to try out reaper, and know nothing about it, what is the easiest way to try it with all accesability options for nvda or jfw in place. to have a best experience? I am willing to reed up so if you point me to links that will explain things, i'd be happy to studdy it. i prefer n v d a support. but if jfw supports it better, then that material would be fine. else, n v d a would be super to try it with. any links to material to help me would be cool

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-01-04 13:31:04

well, the SIBIAC plugin I was referring to was dedicated to Sonar, but since Cakewalk has announced the end of Sonar, we're migrating it to Reaper, although it's a slow process.  It's like I've said in other threads, I"m not the programmer, just a tester.

However, to get Reaper working with NVDA (or jaws) you need OSARA, which is a free open source extension for Reaper that makes it very and I do mean very blind user friendly.  So many people have helped me out with this program so much to the point I do plan to actually make youtube videos of how to use it with Osara since well, it's kinda uncommon to seard within audio clips, but I will point you to several links that can help you. 

As for plugins, Reaper comes with a few, but other ones are user dependant.  Guitar Rig, Absynth, Dimension Pro, and most the plugins I listed above, don't come with it, however theare are plenty out there and   as long as  you at least follow within the guidelines of the ones we post, or hear about in tutorials, then you should be fine.

Okay, now with the classroom stuff, haha.

Here's a tutorial set that will get you started on the basics:
https://coolblindtech.com/reaper-on-win … s-awesome/

Just on that site, you will find useful tutorials.

Don't let it be overwhelming.  But feel free to ask any questions and either myself, or anyone else on here will most surely be happy to help you.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel