2018-01-02 00:40:00

Hello,
what is the bug that most annyed in in games you have played?
A Hero's Call inspired me to create this thread, I ust have no words to describe this big_smile. Here's the demo of it
https://elten-net.eu/srv/downloadfile.p … 8n8iKcSriS

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-01-02 01:19:51

there is one in SBYW, and that's if a menu has only 1 item, and you try to navigate in it, it will go boom with a runtime error. that is really annoying if you want to join a team whitch is the only team or to track someone who's the only person besides you on the map.
there mite be others, but this is defenetly one of the most annoying bug whitch is sadly still inh existence, though developers said that they've fixed it, they only need to publish an update.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2018-01-02 03:44:01

Entombed: while you're still in the town menus you can, for whatever reason, still hit comma and period to travel up and down the stairs.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-02 03:54:26

Oh my goodness.

I trust you've emailed this bug to support [at] outofsightgames.com? That's the only way we are able to catalogue and systematically address bugs. But since I've found it here, let me see if I can figure out what's going on. Can you explain a little bit more about what sort of input you gave the game as this bug occurred? It's a little difficult to tell from the video. I assume that, at least at the beginning, you were manually advancing those dialogues by hitting enter? Also, in your preferences menu, do you have "Automatically advance story dialogue" set to on, or off? If it is set to on, but then you also manually advanced with enter, it's possible there's a bug with manually advancing dialogues that are set to auto-advance.

2018-01-02 05:15:48

Griff: when you jump over a pit, sometimes you may fall while going up, in this case after pressing space key.

2018-01-02 14:15:55

Oh, sorry for not e-mailing you Joseph. I sent lots and lots of mails to you regarding orther bugs, I just didn't want to spam.
So, here it goes:
I was skipping through the dialogues and I just was able to skip through the story and my quests got strange.
I had enabled the autoadvance.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-01-02 19:25:52

One of the most frustrating and random bugs was in the old eurofly version where you could get a frozen unresponsive game after flying for hours ... in the landing sequence. Soooo.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-01-02 19:30:24

Ok I'm going to guess that skipping dialogue when auto-advance is enabled may be bugged. For the record, bug reports are never spam. I'd rather have an inbox full of bugs to fix then know there are bugs out there we don't know about.

2018-01-02 20:30:35 (edited by pulseman45 2018-01-02 20:32:00)

One of the most anoying bug that I've faced was in Braillemon, when my Gravler, having only 3 hp left, did only 3 damage to an Electrode with magnitude. Then the Electrode decided to go boom and Gravler died. After that I understood that if I would use a physical move with certain pokemons then it would do damage equivalent to that pokemon's remaining HP.
Well, I talked about that one quite a lot in the braillemon thread, and I admit that's not really fair because we all knew that the test release would be very buggy, but for sure I didn't expect the fighting being buggy like that due to how stable it used to be. Then I understood the damage formula was redone so you couldn't do more damage than your opponents HP, and the bug probably came from here. Still weird as it seems special moves weren't affected by the bug.

2018-01-06 09:07:48

Entombed.  Was messing around with the combine ability after observing it with a  wanerer.  The chaos blobs were fun to screw around with, and produce corpses for godly skeletons as despite dying, one just splits apart while leaving a corpse for the blob.   Well, it seems when it comes to multi-hit attacks like whirlwind or lightning, the game sort of has a panic attack, and continues to extend the number of hits far from what's considered necessary or normal.  There's nothing like having your entire party die from a lightning inflicting 3-8 damage per hit, for about 4 minutes of damage.  It tended to trigger while combined, but also when the blobs were raised as skeletons.  Even funnier when your party dies, the lightning revives them, and then kills the zombie again.

2018-01-06 23:05:26 (edited by pulseman45 2018-01-07 23:53:20)

I had a similar situation when I poisoned the blob when my pet was reincarnated as an embusher snake. . "Catastrophy is breaking appart... catastrophy is breaking appart..." and that repeating during like 2 minutes. In the end they were still 3 enemis, but the game considered there were much more. Needless to say, the next lightning attack I used was deadly.

2018-01-07 04:32:26 (edited by nyanchan 2018-01-07 04:36:50)

I do not know if this occurs by some regional reasons or just a bug, but here goes:
In crazy Party, if NVDA fails to speak the menu item text, the game seems to automatically close the menu as if ESC was pressed. This happens when someone is using certain characters which NVDA cannot pronounce or the NVDA speech API errors or crashes. Guess what that means? When I'm battling with multiple opponents over the internet, what do you think will happen when the top of the target selection is the one which forces the menu to close? What would it be if I only had attacking cards in my hand? Nooooooooooooooooooooo! "Inevitable systematic lockout's effects are starting. Nyanchan had to give up!"
I tried to solve it using both Japanese and the original NVDA builds, but unfortunately I couldn't.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-01-07 11:50:56

Interesting indeed. Does it happen with every speech synthesiser?

2018-01-07 14:21:07

Tried with the Eloquence addon which I got from somewhere I forgot, but yeah, it does happen.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-01-09 02:13:54

I've encountered the following error message.
An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.  You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C.  Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to [email protected].
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from RESULT: 0x80131040)
   at Ian.GraphSearch.GetAStarVissy(ISimMap map, FPTile sourceNode, FPTile targetNode, Boolean includeDiagonals, Boolean canCrossImpassables)
   at Ian.GraphSearch.AStar(ISimMap map, FPTile sourceNode, FPTile targetNode, Boolean includeDiagonals, Boolean canCrossImpassables) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\FirstPerson\GraphSearch.cs:line 26
   at Ian.SeekPositionCommand.CalcPath() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\FirstPerson\AICommands.cs:line 157
   at Ian.SeekPositionCommand.Process() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\FirstPerson\AICommands.cs:line 106
   at Ian.GoalMachine.Process() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\FirstPerson\GoalMachine.cs:line 30
   at Ian.MapScriptObject.TickAI() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\MapScriptObject.cs:line 108
   at Ian.RPGGameLoop.InnerSingleLoop() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGGameLoop.cs:line 87
   at Ian.Perf.TimeIt(PerfInfo pi, SystemPerfInfo spi, Action command) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Core\Perf2.cs:line 81
   at Ian.RPGGameLoop.TimeInnerSingleLoop() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGGameLoop.cs:line 30
   at Ian.GameLoopLogic.RunLoops(IGameWorld ent, Action runSingleLoop, Double totalElapsedSeconds, Double fixedTimeStep) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameLoopLogic.cs:line 35
   at Ian.RPGGameLoop.RunLoops() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGGameLoop.cs:line 25
   at Ian.MGGameWindow.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Platform\MGGameWindow.cs:line 93
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.OpenTKGamePlatform.RunLoop()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Ian.MGGameWindow.Ian.IGameWindow.Run()
   at Ian.RPGStartup.RunMainLogic() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 114
   at Ian.RPGStartup.PerformStandardStartup() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 21
this bug is starting to annoy me.
has anybody else ran the game and did not have the same issue as I am Whenever I try to do the tutorial?

2018-01-09 02:49:58

There goes something I just don't get. Even the error log introductory message itself is as stupidity-proof as to directly point the BFU, step by step, what, where and how to do to report the error successfully and make as sure it's going to be noticed and fixed, at some point, as possible. Still, the BFU just happily posts it here.

Joseph has in deed spotted many of these that were posted here so far, but this way you can never really know if he is going to notice or not. If I was him, I certainly wouldn't be spending the scarce free time wandering through forum topics, even though they are about my game, when I have specifically asked people in which way they should report bugs officially.

This very error, for instance, is so internal and code specific that I doubt anyone at all in here could actually make a semi-relevant educated guess as to what's going wrong and what's causing it. Because none of us are Ian and know the included libraries, our function names and whatnot by heart. Or at least I certainly don't.

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.