2018-01-01 23:16:28

@Jade

I'm actually stuck at the same part as well. Can't figure out the combination, or even where to start.

2018-01-01 23:19:34

I can't find the fourth goblin camp, I think its in that maze of walls but that all looks the same and I can't tell where I've already been, it's all the same, so I may never find it XD.

I would like to be able to walk with the controller pushed part way forward, and run with it most or all of the way forward. I agree about the filtering interactables, because sometimes it is frustrating, it doesn't o where you want it to point you to.  I think smooth pointing with a controller should be an option, but I don't see it as totally necessary and it could even force you to walk into stuff too. Apart from that, and wanting to be able to left and right trigger between the pages of my quest log like I can in other books, the controller support is well done.

It is worth noting as I already stated in an earlier post that you can edit the key.config to remap your controller.

I was a tad disappointed that the rumble features weren't used, but I mean, what would you really use it for anyway. Hits in battle, certainly.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-01 23:29:22

Hi.
Yeah, I am also stuck after the hydra fight in the lake, also, my quest log didnt update because it still states, spoilers ahead,
That I found simeon and that he would show me the trap door, but when i talk to him he still says that the door is near the natural caves in the west, but when I go there to see if I may have missed a spot, still nothing changes, I actually don't know what to do now here.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-01-01 23:34:51

small
spoilers

I've killed a troll (for a quest) but haven't found or fought the hydras yet. They sound like they might be mean. Of the three major areas, the mines are the one I've explored least. Not quite sure why, but the graveyard seems nearly done, while the forest I just haven't dug too deeply into.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-01 23:37:14

Hi. I'm also stuck at the
spoilers!
same part with the locked door with the dials. I can find peace, war, and wisdom, but can't find the other ones. Also stuck with the heart of deepwood quest. I can't figure out where to go after entering the first ring of the tree. Oh, and sorry for the long post but is it just me, or after hex the necromancer gets no other damaging spells? Also, I may have stumbled across a bug because when I try to purchase excersist with my two experties it says maylay attack required and I'm pretty sure alexia already has one.
Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post.

fantasy world creationist

2018-01-01 23:42:52 (edited by defender 2018-01-01 23:54:49)

About the goblin king quest...

Start!
Spoilers!

Yeah you actually need to head north east of the lake for the trapdoor, their is a goblin encampment north west though, and I think you need something from it to start the next part of the quest, so just don't miss it.
Also, if you beat the hydra first, and you don't see the thief's encampment on your beacons list, which is where you find Simion, than go back and talk to Luciass the guard captain the barracks, though, you may need to talk to a guard before hand... I forget.

Spoilers!
End!

2018-01-01 23:49:58

thanks for the answers. is Simeon required to be in your party when you beet the hydra? or you can beet it without him with you?

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2018-01-01 23:53:07

Question about the lake. When Simeon asked me if I needed help, I accidentally said no. Now I can't figure out how to get there because the I never got the beakon. Could anyone help with this?

2018-01-01 23:56:29

You can beat the Hydras without Simeon, you just won't get his dialogue about the trap door being north of the lake. As for me, I could use some tips about what to do after gaining entry into the ruins, I'm talking in regards to the main Getting to the Heart quest. Mostly I've just been wandering around in there without any clear purpose.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-01-02 00:00:37

hi there.
has anyone tried using AHC on the mac? if so could someone let me know. want to know what the results are before I purchase. apparently we'll have to use Wine. i've never used it so help there to would be appreciated if someone techy here has used it before. thanks
Liam

2018-01-02 00:12:51

I've got past the Hydra, which is really three enemies because it has three heads, lol. I've found three of the camps, bu now I can't find the fourth.

Spoilers start

You need all the keys from all the chieftons to unlock the gates, so I'm stuck in that regard until I find the fourth camp.

Spoilers end

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-02 00:15:53

AHC should run in Wine as long as you install SAPI 5 and any other dependencies the program needs. You will ned sighted help to install the components. If you're running the game in Vmware Fusion or BootCamp, you're good to go.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-01-02 00:29:12

Jayde, spoilers for your question.

I entered the mausoleum from the catacombs and can exit to the graveyard now.
Inside are some rooms with sealed coffins, about which I do not know what to do with them.
I am stuck too.

2018-01-02 00:30:40

I have a suggestion regarding the navigation. I have a hearing impaired friend who can only hear in one ear and therefore can't use the radar to navigate. Is there a way some alternative means of announcement can be made? For example it could say "opening left/right" if the corresponding openings are available as well as announcing objects that way.

So I just completed the game. Overall I liked it, it was fun to explore the world and the battles were fun (although far, far too easy towards the end of the game.) In general I liked the story though the identity of the culprit was way too obvious. Overall though I liked it and it was definitely worth the $20. I have a lot of suggestions/issues I've noticed, but this is still a good game.

I think the main criticism I have is the combat itself. I found I didn't really need to think strategically to beat it, I just buffed everyone up and spammed either the spells/attacks that would target elemental weaknesses or used items or healing spells to heal people. I was playing on normal, maybe hard is better. Also I wish it gave more information, maybe something like "skill name" when an attack starts up, then the target, then the damage.

Another criticism I have is the randomness. I didn't find a good bow for the ranger until I'd beaten the last area and was heading to the final boss whereas people I know had found one much earlier.

I feel like the maps are more complicated than they need to be in parts, especially in the mine area. I found I had more trouble finding the place I was meant to go than the boss battles. I also wish the map (that is the map viewer) had an option to allow you to move over/through barrier as well as to zoom out/in to get a better impression of the area. Also please add a way to increase/decrease the radius of the radar, in more cramped areas it can get really confusing. The ability to scan to the left/right instead of forward would improve things hugely too, I find myself having to turn to check openings and after a while it gets irritating.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2018-01-02 00:42:25

Hi
You should add a way to delete a custom beacon, I added the lake before finding the thief, and now I have it twice.

2018-01-02 01:53:16

I'm extremely confused. I updated to version 1.1 with the update program and decided to start over. I'm stuck in the governor's estate. I can't find the road leading back to the main part of town. I keep bumping into hedges no matter which direction I turn. I've also tried sidestepping, but I always bump into a wall or obstacle. Is this a bug or am I missing something really obvious? I thought I had the navigation system figured out.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-01-02 02:04:01

366: Have you tried asking the game to give you directions to another beacon? It's unlikely you're actually stuck, maybe just walking around in circles.

2018-01-02 02:06:58

Alternatively, fast travel back to one of the gates, heh.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2018-01-02 02:45:22

Hey all,

Can confirm the target menu hover sound no longer working—not sure how we broke that. Looks like we've got plenty more to fix so we'll be hard at work trying to get it all patched up. Sorry about the bugs...I really hate that your gameplay is being affected by them.

***SPoilers Abound***

@SeanTerry #337: Not a bug. You'll have to roam around a bit. Pro-tip: It will be easier to find if Matthias is with you.

@Stewie #342: The thing with the captain sounds like a bug, [lease email to support.

2018-01-02 02:48:15 (edited by Origine 2018-01-02 02:49:06)

I just tried to update to 1.1 and now the game won't start, anyone experienced that ? I tried running the updater multiple times and with administrator rights.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2018-01-02 02:54:35

What directory do you have the game located in? For some reason Windows is causing problems for some users if they aren't running the game out of a particular directory—usually the Documents folder. It seems like some sort of user permissions issue, though we haven't been able to nail down why it's happening.

2018-01-02 03:06:53

I had the same problem. I just redownloaded the .zip and copied over the Data for RPG folder, then ran the updater. It was a nightmare deleting the old game though, I didn't have rights over a particular file or subfolder, so... But at least I now know how to fiddle around with settings for that, so I've learnt something smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2018-01-02 03:20:52

For people who are trying to get passed the underground lake, spoilers ahead involving coordinates.
Spoilers
After beaconing to the underground lake, entering the main room at 23, 57, turn west until you reach 16, 57, then turn north and run until you reach 16, 45 and turn east until you reach 21 45. You should be able to reach the next segment of the game from here on your own. The trapdoor is a bit of a trek even after the underground lake. if you have trouble at the goblin encampment, a quick tip below here as an added spoiler,
head east and then north as far south from the camp as you can without entering the tunnel you enter from.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2018-01-02 03:25:00 (edited by Origine 2018-01-02 08:30:36)

It's probably a problem with some rsync command line parameters. I found a way to overwrite the permission changes made by rsync on updated files, if you are on Windows 10:

1) right-click on the folder containing the game (aka the exe file). Then go to properties.
2) Go to security tab
3) In the list of roles, select the Authenticated Users (the first in the list for me)
4) tab to the Advanced button and activate it.
5) Check the checkbox that says Something like "Replace all child entries with current folder permissions" or Something.
6) Press Ok, a prompt will ask you if you really want to do this, say Yes.

Voilà, sorry my labels are approximative translations as my Windows is in French. Don't know if it will be useful for someone but here it is.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2018-01-02 03:42:35

@Joseph don't even worry about it, you guys have been doing a hell of a job with this. Large studios experience these types of things at launch too, its something a lot of big games have to deal with.

End racism
End division
Become united