2017-12-31 20:48:51

So, I was wondering if we could get a few things other forums have. The first would be spoiler tags, inside these tags, you put all your juicy secrets, then when you submit, it turns that into an expandable thing that you click on, so you don't see the spoilers unless you choose to expand that area. The second is the same thing, but for code snippets. We do have a developers' room after all, so it would be nice to have code tags. What we have now when you use the [ code ] is only for demonstrating BB code without it being executed.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-31 21:17:36

Some kind of indication whether you have unread private messages waiting in your inbox would be nice too.

2017-12-31 21:44:14

Stupidly silly of me, but I'd like to see an ag net app.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-01 02:17:05

That would be kinda cool.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-01 10:41:28

Well with spoiler tags, not all  tags I've seen on forums actually hide the spoilers, many just put them in a different  colour and write the word "spoiler" before them,  which is a little pointless if your using a screen reader (you might as well just write the word "beware spoilers" or similar yourself.

I'll check the admin settings though.
As before  and as is the case with pm notifications, it depends firstly on what is available, and secondly on what extra stuff Richard and Sander have the time to  code, install or modify (and an Agnet ap would  definitely come under that heading I think).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-01 13:19:48

The Steam Users Forum has expanding spoiler tags but since it is the only place I've ever seen them, I suspect that it was something Valve added to the VBulletin software themselves.

2018-01-01 15:49:01

Okay, a quick poke around the admin settings doesn't show anything currently about spoiler tags, but I'm willing to bet money there is a Pun bb extension out there for it.
A bigger problem is finding an extension that actually does practical good. when your using a screen reader, since I don't know if Orko is correct on expanding spoiler tags being a specific steam thing or if they're available else where (I have seen them  guest books such as that over on the ffproject, but I'm not sure about forums).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-01 16:59:24

I didn't say they were a Steam Users Forum exclusive, only that that is the only place I've seen spoiler tags that hide the text between them until you click on the spoiler warning. I'm sure there are other implementations of them around the net.

2018-01-01 21:15:37

I've seen expanding tags on more than just the steam forums. Yeah if there's an extension, or if it could be something coded in, that would be pretty cool. I tried to mess with PUNBB, but unbeknownst to me at that time, my php was completely borked, I've since fixed it, so might give that another go.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-10 07:18:49

I looked at the page for PunBB extensions. About private message announcements, there is this topic:
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … uncements/

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-01-11 14:25:12

An ag.net app will be verry, but verry cool.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-01-14 05:42:27

And an ag.net Teamtalk serv... Oh wait...

73 Wj3u

2018-01-15 10:15:06

Hmmm, about the ap and teamtalk server goodness knows (for a start it'd take someone who is better at coding, and/or administering chat rooms than I am), but thanks for the topic about PunBB extentions, we'll have a look at that one.
I'd rather not go installing things on the board before consulting Sander and Richard since I don't want to turn any of their custom coding on it's head, but I'll definitely pass that one along.

2018-01-15 16:01:53

teamtalk server is easy to get running., Oh god though, that would just... train wreck incoming tongue

End racism
End division
Become united