2018-01-01 11:20:13

honestly I love the game and think navigation is fine the way it is once you get used to it the only time it's become a problem is the graveyard I love being able to make custom beacons they've been a big help though using them in the graveyard I find hard because the tombs are so closed  together. I love the game in general , and more so the fact that guards walk in and out of buildings and even walk around inside them and such

2018-01-01 11:36:02

Just a quick aside here.

While I am critical of the navigation to some extent, and while I think I always will be to some extent, I am not writing it off too soon or anything of the like. I still like the game, and am not thinking "Oh god, here we go, more busywork" or anything like that. I have issues with it, but as stated above, they aren't gamebreaking, and as I've put maybe six hours into the game and plan to put many more into it, I think it's safe to say that I will get more and more used to navigation. I don't see myself ever being a fan of all the obstructions though, no matter how familiar with the game maps I may become.

Guys, the excessive amounts of loot is so that you can earn gold and, if you're stuck, buy gear in order to upgrade your characters. The one thing I did notice there, btw, is that it seems less easy to gear your magical characters from shops. You don't see a lot of mage-ish hats/body pieces or even weapons. They're around, but not super-common the way cheap throwaway weapons and armour for warriors are. Admittedly though, magic seems to be the way to go in the game, if only because it can spread out so much damage, and because some of the more epic pieces I've seen appear to be geared more toward mage-ish types.

One question I do have: is there a level cap, and if so, what is it? What level could/should I expect to be at the end of the game? I have the feeling that enemies scale to some extent, but higher levels usually means more resources to play with, so I'm curious if, say, it's worth grinding a lot before really clamping down on any of the area quests.

BTW, I agree about the map sounds. I don't have an issue with navigation in the sense of the radar, except that sometimes it'll say the path opens up a little on your right but it's only a step or two, or you'll hear a door on your left but it's actually blocked by three hedges and a fence. That's admittedly sort of distracting. But as for constant creaking of doors or bleeping of NPCs, I have always found such things annoying unless they're rather unobtrusive. I've considered this in the making of my own RPG, and I've got some pretty good ideas on what I want to do. Mine will definitely be a top-down grid-based system (like Manamon or Entombed, for instance), but I plan to do more with ambiance and navigation than those games did, and with less intrusive sound effects. But that's going to be a bit yet. My hope is that I'll be the second big full-scale original RPG in this community. If AHC is the first, then I will be happy to be one of its successors.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-01 11:37:59 (edited by Luel 2018-01-01 12:58:01)

Possible spoilers.
What I am supposed to do in Navincius Mausoleum with all sealed coffins?
I need to deactivate the last runestone.

2018-01-01 12:37:12

*** SPOILERS *** 

For the people who have the "Changing of the guard" quest, is there a point where the prompt to ask the captain about Wilhelm joining something that appears after I do all the work, or is this as bugged as the turnin for the wolf quest?   Just curious if it's just me or the game at the moment.

2018-01-01 12:39:34

Looks like if you don't do the quests with the partymember you need to do the quests with, it fails. I killed the Boss monster with the priestess and the mage, but now when I take the thief to the underground lake nothing happens.

2018-01-01 12:41:58

Hi all,

I'm asking for two bits of help here. If you don't want to spoil the game for others, please write me off list at [email protected]
Now, first is the female priest. How do I find her? I talked to the priest in the temple and he told me she was missing. I know she's in the graveyard, but where? I've been all over the graveyard, and I can't find  her. SOmeone told me she was right near the gate, lol. I still can't find her. Can someone please help me?
Lastly, is the lake in the mine. How the hell do I beat those two creatures? I can't for the life of me beat them, and I've got three people in my party.
Thanks in advanced for anyone who helps me. smile

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2018-01-01 13:13:03

hi, what is the email to contact out of sight game support?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-01-01 13:15:05 (edited by defender 2018-01-01 14:27:12)

Staindaddict I try to answer your question at the end of this post.

Josiph
I've written lots of things down so far, some suggestions, misc issues, errors, less easy to diagnose bugs, and typos.
But for now should I just send you the sound errors? You said your working on a patch for that, and I don't want to overwhelm you or jump the gun.

To everyone else
So still wondering about what to do after I deal with the problem at the underground lake in the goblin king quest, no one has really straight up answered my question... Like I said I missed the voice line, the quest log didn't update, and my speech log scrolled too far before I realized.

Staindaddict

In the graveyard, walk along the fences and listen for the door sound of your radar on that side, try to tune out everything else.
Sometimes it'll pick up doors farther away, so when you hear it, just turn to the fence and check to see if a small gate is there.

Start!
Spoilers!

Now if I'm remembering right, she's near the first mausoleum, ahead and to the left as you come in. If you hear a weird power sound that keeps cycling, she's past it and near that fence I believe, or just through the gate on that fence.

As for the lake monsters, I suggest fast traveling back to Farhaven and using your newly got thief to steal all the nice weapons, particularly the dolphin blades, royal goblin scimitar, goblin king's mantle, and steelflesh robes from the manner gallery, sister Alexia's hood from the temple sleeping quarters, and the sword and ring of Edros Mai from professor Lindarro's study (his house is the second one on the left, on a dirt road that runs along the temple's west wall).
Other potentially useful places are captain Lucian's house, (just keep going down that dirt road by the temple until you  come to an intersecting north south road near the city wall, turn left onto it and it's the first one on the left) back door of the general store, the temple library, and Nigel's house (for cash) which is on an intersecting dirt road right next to the west gate.
You can also sell loot that you don't want at the blacksmith and general store (just hit tab when in the buy menu) and buy some better armor with the cash if you want as well.

Spoilers!
End!

2018-01-01 13:57:43

@defender, this quest has alot of parts. which part did you miss exactly.

2018-01-01 14:22:06 (edited by defender 2018-01-01 14:26:49)

Start!
spoilers!

I grabbed Simion, we found the rubble where the trapdoor was, we traveled to the lake, I killed the monster, and that's where I'm at. Can't find any portals or anything... I looked all around, so I assume he told me to do something else before we could cross the lake or something?

Spoilers!
End!

2018-01-01 14:27:39 (edited by hamada 2018-01-01 14:28:11)

spoilers

he tells you that the trap door should be north from here.
you gotta walk til you find it. he'll speak to you again to inform you. the door is pretty much west.
greetings.

2018-01-01 14:38:23

How did you kill those monsters?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2018-01-01 14:39:08

Hello guys!
First of all, I would like to say, that I am really impressed of this game. It actually feels, like playing a real mainstream game.
However, unfortunately, I found a few bugs.
S P O I L E R S
I am at the graveyard of Farehaven right now, trying to disable the runestones. When sister Alexia dispelled the first one, the game showed me: "missing event dispell.cinematic". I can't recall the full error. But the same happened, when I went through the staircase door in the mausoleum.
It would be nice, if that could be fixed.

Apart from that, I am enjoying playing the game so far :-).

2018-01-01 15:08:41

I'm currently lvl 53 thief with all  my party members are above lvl 45. As to defeat  strong monster, choose right party member with  right skill and choose your eq wisely. Also  the stats is important, if you are a ranger and using melee  then you have to  max out your str as much as  possible, otherwise it sucks. So instead of using what works for you, choose neet eq which compliments your attack power. for example I'm using storm mage's sword and elite goblin ripper which deals like 1k to 2k damage if gets the critical with my sneak attack ability, and Simeon, Sister Alexia and I are just too strong  for poor goblins. lol. What about you guys, how you guys are progressing?

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2018-01-01 15:19:22

What the hell? level 53? wow. rofl.
I need some help with spoilers

spoilers ahead

I'm trying to find the fourth goblin camp after the Hydras in the underground lake of the mines. I've found The stalagmite encampment, the echo cavern encampment, the sunken encampment. I found two other tents east or south of the trapdoor, but no fourth Chieftain. I'm also assuming that's where I'll find the third piece of evidence, as I've only found two so far.
Thanks in advance.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2018-01-01 15:25:37

NVM I found it ha.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2018-01-01 15:38:34

I think i'm only lvl 5 how did you et so high in evles wonder if i'm doing somethingwrong. also can't find  the thief? any help?

2018-01-01 15:50:47

Simeon is in the silver mine. try using beacon  once you get there. Just hard grinding and dozen or more quests complition i guess. But the credit goes to grinding a lot actually. Killed many dragons and goblins and other mine monsters along with wood monster. smile

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2018-01-01 16:16:40

You have to undertake the Stolen from the Rich quest. Either approach the mines and get accosted by a guard or speak with Nigel. Then speak with the guard captain and he'll mark the camp site on your map. Then you can just follow a beacon directly there.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-01-01 16:16:49

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
about the fourth goblin camp, is it near the goblin  setelment? , if yes, I can't pass through there, always got this wierd slowdown

2018-01-01 16:23:24

Hey sneak, mind filling me in on that 4th key? Still looking thanks. Glad to know the game can be beaten even with current bugs.

2018-01-01 17:47:18

Hello. where do i find the guard captain? I'm unable to find the blooddy cap'n

2018-01-01 17:51:21

Spoilers
Has someone managed to find all 3 pieces of evidence for the A House Divided quest? I found 2 letters, lacking a third though.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-01-01 17:52:15

Hi everyone.
So, I have a quest breaking problem, warning,
spoilers ahead!
I am currently on the quest to find out how the goblins get into the mines. I already went in there and killed the two hydras in the lake because I already stumbeled upon those.
I than went to the camp of simeon and I discovered that the mineshaft where the trap door was is blocked by a cave in.
He than told me to go to the underground lake and said that there was something living in there, but I already killed those two beasts.
so, now I am standing here and nothing goes on, should I be searching for something here?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-01-01 18:09:00

I am having this too, He says to go north after, but he doesn't put a beacon on the map, so I explored around and didn't find it. I also started one of the other dialogs where he

***S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
tells you you're on your own once he takes you
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

E
N
D

but he never marks it down, like he does when you convince him to go with you, I died down the way, and so I got to try one of the other dialogs.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united