2017-12-29 23:18:00

Hi Ironcross. Pretty good and balanced post, and if more people concretely posted like you the developer would represent the game better. I am sure many people would be willing to pay for a better product, but sometimes a developer chooses to make the game free because he does not feel like he can offer the expected support for payed customers, tube sim being a recent example of that. There is just one thing you missed, but I can't blame you in such a long topic. Rastislav did actually respond to the user who posted the concrete error with eurofly, and here is his reply: @RTT entertainment:
this is rare bug, but one my friend have it too. We haven't found the cause yet, it seems like more complicated stuff. So I sadly can't recommend you anything concrete, but we are working on it.

2017-12-30 08:30:25

agreed, Ironcross. Over the past few months in beta reports like "I crashed" aren't actually reports. Speaking of crashing, the game handles failure events for everything as crashes. One simple error can result in a crash and a loss of money for the company and isn't considered a real crash, E.G. taking off using the wrong runway.

2017-12-30 10:16:46

Hmm, wow... I'm not sure on what to say.
I like the game, because I haven't tried any other fully accessible flight games, which just works without installing a ton of addons to make it playable. I haven't seen other products, which lets me explore the whole world map like Eurofly gives me access to. This is something I wanna spend more time on, because it gives a fantastic picture for me on how cities are placed in the countries I'm interested in knowing more about.
Of course I do respect the people who choose to drop the project and just don't play the game anymore. But, please tell me, what are your alternatives? What other games let you do exactly the same things?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-01 00:54:58 (edited by Rastislav Kish 2018-01-01 00:55:46)

Hmm, I have suggestion.
for aviation fans, instead of criticizing, what about helping us? And don't tweak my words. I said Eurofly was never planned to be a flight simulator. But that doesn't mean it can't be.

You wrote you are aviation fans. Well, as you can see, we don't know much about aircrafts. If you say: "Make it better", that means, we must study, what you already know. When we say: "make your own flight sim", that means you must to study what we already know. So, what about joining our knowledges together to make some sensible result?
I remember someone said some time ago, that Eurofly have a bad speed increasing model. I really don't remember who it was, but if he wrote that Eurofly is using bad speed model, he probably know betterone. So what about writing a concrete mathematical formula, which we can use, and thus save hours of searching on the net?
And similar other physical aspects of game. Noone from here is aviation fan, but I and Stefan are programmers, so if you give us concrete mathematical input, which we can rewrite to Eurofly, then you can improve the game according your imagination, without developing anything.

About support, well, I think someones from here needs to experience development with hundreds of users to process my words correctly.
It isn't meaned as a offence, I am just reflecting that I don't feel my words were understanded.
So in short, we want to help everyone. Stefan is working on Eurofly, because he wants program to be useful for everyone. As I said before, his original target was to develop an atlas, so what other reason do he have to continue development?
It is again not meaned as a rebuke, only statement that players are really first point of our interest.
But there are lots of players, and lots of them have problems. Every problem of course interests us, but various problems have various solving abilities.
So, if someone writes us: "I crashed." Of course we can answer "Hi, what have you did before crash? What is the content of blackbox.txt?" etc. But shouldn't be this infos automatic? of course it takes 5 minutes to answer. But when there are 100 issues like this? And 90% are not real issues, only users without knowledge about playing game?
Then 0.9*(5*100)=450 minutes of time are completely wasted and what other, more useful reports are slowed by them.
That of course doesn't mean these players don't interest us. But as a consequence bug fixing is slowing down, and we are accused for it.
Of course, we can create places to report bug fixes and feature suggestions. I will suggest it to main developer.
I am only saying that most problems can be solved already now by better realization from user's side. Because yeah, problems like game crashes are interesting us also when they haven't any behaviour symptoms, but 90% of problems are not like it, but problems which can be solwed by two emails, one from user, one from us. But they takes 6 or more, because users write only "I crashed."
I am not writing, that you are writing thislike reports. I am only reacting to your statements, that game is buggy, and that bugs are getting fixed slow, although I think main developer does perfect job, taking in fact, he is alone.

@Bleeblat: I will return shortly to you. I have talked with main developer about you, I saw conversations of Kissoft, also your mails. And all there from you was few messages of length 1 max. 2 sentenses, without greeting or signature, all about fixing documentation.
So, I don't know what feedback have you sent, but the reason why you get no answer is simply because we haven't received anything like that from you.

That's all for now. Please be patient with us, we have a lots of work, what doesn't mean we don't want to do it, but exactly your persistence in that amount of requests can be helpful. And remember, only place where you are sure we will register you is kissoft's contact email address, or my own at:
[email protected]

Yeah, and one other think, when you don't receive answer to something, please send your request one more time after some time, also when you'll have feeling that your issue isn't getting solved and we haven't provided negative answer. We are humans only, so it is possible we have forget something.

Best regards and happy new year

Rastislav

2018-01-01 02:45:41

@54:

I don't get you. You first on the first few pages bitch about how people were making feature requests instead of doing bug reports in beta. Now, I wasn't in the beta. I don't know if you said NO FEATURE REQUESTS in the beta. testing stuff, but...now you turn around and say oh suggest things? I don't think so for one big big reason.....

I did send concrete proof. I sent proof how actual real world ICAO phraseology worked. I never heard anything back, I sent corrections to aircraft statistics, Nothing. The only thing I got back from Stafan was an email saying my airport information was wrong because he couldn't find the name of an airport I submitted before EF2 came out (despite putting a link to the info in question). No discussion on features or feedback or even a hey, thanks for playing message. Nothing at all. This isn't some anonymous AAA publisher with billions of users. This is a small game that actively solicits feedback....and then ignores it, then has somebody else representing it say hey, give us ideas.

How about this? Drop the flight simulator tag. If it's not a simulator, maybe.....how about this?

Flight exploration game. As a simple game for going from A to B it works fine, but a flight simulator? No, and Stefan has shown at least to me he doesn't care enough to want to improve it.

Plus. You stated, quote, Eurofly will never be a flight simulator back on page 1 or 2. Now you suddenly want to make it one? Make up your mind Rastislav. Either it's a flight simulator, or it isn't. Which one is it?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-01-01 02:57:44

HHi.
Or, as a matter of fact, call it an arcade aircraft game or something like that.
So, you want feedback?
Ok, let's start with the most basic things.
Why does every plane have two engines? Make it so that an aircraft like a 172 has just a single engine, but that a huge a380 or 787 dreamliner has 4 engines, these BTW are the real specifications from these planes.
Also, the IL67, I think was it sounds like it's using propellers, but in fact it had two turbines as engines.
Next thing, don't always make the pilot change the cruising altitude. In real aviation, you get a cruising altitude, let's say 35000 feet, and you climb there in steps and stay there till the inbound procedures.
So, you climb up to like 5000, than 15000, than maybe 25000  or flight level 250, and than to the cruising altitude, all depends on the number of planes in the airspace.
Ext thing, an aircraft can't go in to reverse, make it so that you have to call pushback or towing service when you boarded the passengers and the vehicle pushes you back to the apron so you can slew to a runway from there.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-01-01 03:09:04

No, because arcade and simulation.....I've seen this time and again, Simba, people who expect a simulation label things they don't like as 'arcade'

Eurofly, any version is not close to arcade or flight simulator status and the mixed messages from Rastislav don't help much with one post he's saying oh it won't ever b X then oh we want to make it X but Stefan is doing Y.

@54 (again):

It doesn't sound like you or Stefan know what you want Eurofly to be...at all, one of you wants it to be a better game, the other isn't interested, so either get your facts straight or get Stefan to come here and say from the horse's mouth what Eurofly is or isn't.

Also on Linux natively

2018-01-01 04:37:24

@54 I'd be happy to help you test the game, I'm good at it. What you'd get from me is feedback, detailed reports when something goes wrong, and a lot of aviation knowledge. I will not, however, waste my time. If you want these things from a beta tester, than get in contact with me or give me a way to send an application. I don't want to publicly post my email, and if you want to send me a pm, please say you've done so in this topic, as I never check them. If my feedback is completely ignored, or nothing I send or try to say to the developers is being responded to, however, I'll say fuck you, delete the emails and be done with it. This process is a two way street, and I have better shit to do if this two way communication between the developers and the other testers will fall apart, I will leave. So, let me know what you want to do, I will be happy to help if these conditions are acceptable.

Also, you have been very contradictory throughout this thread. I think there's a break down in communication between you and the main developer, or maybe he should come here and set things straight as previously stated.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-03 15:51:44

I'd be happy to help with code, grammar edits, or research. I don't have aviation knowledge, but I can read and use a search engine and hack things together. I'll try to get some time with a flight instructor if I can, but the rest is just stuff I'd be willing to learn. All I ask is for some gratitude and kind respectful communication. As the previous post said, if we send bug reports or you ask for assistance, but aren't around to clarify things or communicate with at all, it makes it really hard to work together. I'll just come right out and say that helping others is a way to save my sanity. So lack of communication, or contradictory or divisive communication, is really a kick in the pants, and that's not why any of us come to play games or chat on these forums. I still maintain that putting the project under some open license (I'd recommend GPL, or LGPL) is a solid move forward, but I ralize the reasons possibly for not wanting to do that. At least set up a consistent bugtracker if nothing else, and make it clear when bugs have been responded to, so that even if you'd rather not talk, at least we'd have a place we could comment or work through things.

2018-01-03 22:13:03

Hi, downloaded and installed the Mod, nice job; quick question, I can't locate a training city, it makes no sense when pressing (A) any hints on locating and understanding the destinations? ^GDLooks

2018-01-03 23:04:58

Wait, so you have translated tasks and it's still not making sense? Press shift +a. Does that help? That gets you a list box. That might be easier to parse than the text. Then either use the tree you get by pressing f8 or the closest airport with control+f8 whichever you prefer.

2018-01-04 21:45:25

**Nice... I like the game and it really relaxes me, the English translation is a true Gem... Thanks

2021-04-14 09:48:48

I cannot download eurofly enhance mod website do you have link?

2021-04-15 02:09:15

I too would like the mod.

2021-04-20 10:52:48

OHH! me too! But it sounds like necroposting? smile

2021-04-20 13:00:19

Updated the first post to get the mods.

2021-04-20 17:32:02

um this is a toronto site.

2021-04-20 18:00:13

Orin wrote:

Updated the first post to get the mods.

Seems a wrong link sad

2021-04-20 19:04:47

bvipilots.net redirects to the gtt-toronto site and at least here, warns about expired certs? Is it just me, or...

Also on Linux natively

2021-04-20 22:35:50 (edited by Orin 2021-04-20 22:42:04)

Yeah, Jason needs to fix that. It's not the correct link anyway; I'm tired. it's bvipilots.com. Updated first post.

2021-04-21 12:30:47

I know that the developer didn't include the mod in the installer to reduce its size.
However, recent packs like legendary airplanes, get to know africa and 6 continents use the aircrafts from the mod, so I think that that link should also be posted in the first post of the main eurofly topic and in the game's description in the database, otherwise the future players will get angry because they wouldn't be able to pass the aforementioned taskpacks.

2021-04-22 22:23:33

Hello. I have a few questions. firstly, I want ot use the big jets for free flying and i really don't want to do the tasks is there a way i can do that? Secondly how and what do i need to get started with the flight simulators mensioned on bvipilots.com?

2021-04-23 01:44:18

this mod is awesome. I hope some of these get added to the next version of the game.

2022-02-03 10:40:59

Hi. Anyone still have the mod?

2022-02-03 13:15:14

https://orinks.net/wp-content/uploads/2 … ed-1.4.zip

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page