2017-12-31 14:18:29

Almost a year ago, Out Of Sight Games launched a Kickstarter campaign for "A Hero's Call", an incredible sounding RPG promicing many hours of gameplay, a detailed turn-based combat system, many sidequests, and tons of original Music, Voice Acting and sound effects. The Campaign's $2850 goal was smashed in just 2 days. Ultimately, the project made not just over 9000! Dollars, but over 10000. This allowed the team at OOSG to add even more content to the game. It also gained some attention after being written about on Mainstream gaming sites, as well as Winning the id@Xbox games for Everyone award from Microsoft.

Fast forward to now and The game is finally available for your enjoyment for $20. The game's forum thread already has over 250 posts after just 3 days. If you are looking for something really awesome to start 2018 with, and find games like Entombed interesting or like your games to have plenty of Story, then you can't go wrong with A Hero's Call!

The current version of the game is Audio only, with an update adding some basic graphics planned in the next few months. If you buy the game now, you will get that update for free.

Also, seeing this post is being written on December 31st I would like to wish everyone reading a happy 2018 on behalf of myself and everyone else in the audiogames.net staff!

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-12-31 16:09:56

Thanks Pitermach.
I am really glad someone wrote some news about the game. There has been lots of news of late, this not least, so any help with it is much appreciated, and since I won't be buying hero's call for a while owing to financial shenanigans I thought someone who had played the game, and perhaps new a little more of it's development history would be in a better position to write the front of page news about it.

As for me, I look forward to trying the game in a few days.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-01 04:08:41

Another thing to mention about A Hero's Call.
If anyone wants to get the soundtrack you can do so by subscribing to a music service or purchase the soundtrack one of many music stores online.
It only cost ten dollars in U.S.

2018-01-01 09:33:47

Thanks for an awesome write-up. This whole experience is still pretty surreal. Looking forward to getting some of the newly discovered stability issues resolved so that we can slow down and start to really enjoy people's reactions.

2018-01-01 18:38:46

Well, I answered the call on 30th.
smile
Thanks Josef and your team for bringing this sooo awesome game to our comuniti.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-01-02 13:22:52

I ansered the call at the release of the game!

73 Wj3u

2018-01-06 18:11:21

Well done guys, glad to see you got it done.

Looking forward to playing this! I'm sure it's come on a whole bunch since I last played it