2017-12-29 10:43:30 (edited by Dark 2021-06-20 11:58:04)

Okay this one some people have known about for a while, but after having fun with Flexible survival I  thought I'd give it a try and discuss it here.

As with Flexible survival this is definitely an adult  sexual rpg, so under aged or easily offended  should probably steer clear.

The game involves going into a fantasy demonic realm to try and stand  against demons who are corrupting your village, and involves a lot of rpg like exploration, indeed the exploring system reminded me of browser games like Kingdom of loathing or Warriors 2 where you explore in a location such as the forest or the lake for a while, and get various events, encounters and such,
unlocking new locations as you go, as well as finding npcs, weapons etc. The world is nicely discribed and very large, and from an rpg perspective this is actually an extremely solid game.

;One thing I do  like is the combat and items system. There are spells and skills to use and options in each fight, indeed I like the fact that this is a game where random wandering monsters don't feel like your usual mooks and have some substance to encountering them, whether you win or lose.
Fights are also interesting from a mechanical perspective in that  the player and the monster have both an hp and lust stat, and can be defeated by raising lust to %100 as much as reducing hp to zero.

As in Flexible survival, losing often means ravishment by monster and can lead to transformation (as can consuming the wrong items), though imho transformations here were slightly less interesting since they tended to only focus on your various genitalia, and were far slower, plus there wasn't as much description of your appearence beyond numerical stats.

the game does have a story, quests, and indeed a corruption stat, which alters what areas you can enter, as well as how various npcs react to you and I believe gives you an auto game over at 100 though I'm not sure about that, indeed while I've seen enough of the story to be interesting, I can't say too much about the  generally since I found the save system a bit loopy.

Access wise, you can do pretty much everything in the game by clicking on the appropriate hotspots on the page which was no problem with nvda. There is a way to add key shortcuts for some functions, but since I needed to come out of browse mode to use them with nvda I disabled them, though your milage may vary.

The major issue of Corruption of champions is that though it's a text game, it's written in flash. This means when I tried it with Chrome it just wouldn't play at all, even though I do have flash content enabled in my settings.
The website recommends downloading a stand alone flash player, but when I tried that Nvda wouldn't read the screen, so the best way I found to play the game is with the mod mentioned in the edited note at the end of this post.

One problem I did have was with game saves, since I assumed the game saved automatically since there is a toggle for "autosave" and it sort of didn't, also I'm not  sure exactly how loading a save from a save file works since when i looked for what should have been my save file it didn't seem to be there.
Suffice it to say save often, and don't clear your browser cash or use c cleaner while playing this game.
Also on the site you'll find two more games in a similar vane, trials of tainted space, and Fall of eden.

Trials is  one which looks quite unique given that it's set in the future, gives you a spaceship and crew and sets you trying to earn a billionare's fortune by colonizing planets.
The one problem I have with trials is the interface is full! of unlabeled buttons. Admitedly. All of the important options seemed to have text, so I don't know how many of the extra buttons are just decoration, still having to run over so many buttons was mildly annoying and I don't think I can stop Nvda from reporting them.
If anyone has more experience with the game than I do perhaps they could contact the author and see if the buttons could
either be labled or hidden or something.

The other game is a game hosted on the site called fall of eden, supposedly a similar game to corruption of champions.

Ironically this one works fine in chrome (assuming you have flash enabled), but has two major drawbacks.

The less major is that it has lots of graphics that are just called "graphic graphic" and can be irritating.
The more major however is you can't click on anything. The game does have hotkeys that do work if  you leave browse mode and hit them, however unlik other games with hotkeys like warsim there is no way of actually finding out what does what (I wonder if it's in the graphics).

Even more confusingly the hotkeys are not a simple numbered menu but are 1-5 q-t and a-g, so having to count game choices and devide by hotkeys got a little irritating, especially since it didn't always seem the hotkeys corresponded to the choices logically.

Again, if anyone is more familiar with the developer of this one or is on the Fenoxo forum, perhaps a word with the developers would help here.

So for the time being it's just corruption of champions, and maybe trials that is worth a go, but if your an rpg fan don't don't mind a little rumpy pumpy in your gameplay you might enjoy this one.

Edit: Just a quick note to say the game does not work anymore due to the obsolescence of flash, so anyone interested in trying the game should use This mod, which doesn't require flash, has all the original game content, is slightly more accessible than the original was, and is down right awesome!
Just download from the link in the first post of the topic.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-29 10:55:14

hi, in CoC there is no bad ending for getting 100 corruption, there are two main paths you can play the game through and most characters can be recruited or interacted with in two ways. You can either follow your village's goal of ending the demon ocupation by defeating the quean's minions and fighting your way through her fortress at the very end of the game. While playing this path you can also recruit a number of followers and lovers to your camp which can aid you in your quest or simply give you company. Alternatively, you can corrupt yourself, giving into the pleasures of mareth. This will unlock corrupt interactions with most npcs once your corruption reaches a certain level, and most of the characters you could recruit as lovers or followers can be made into slaves with their own interactions. As a corrupt player you also have the option of turning wittney's farm at the lake into a corrupt farm, sending your slaves to work there and give you items every week. This can culminate by you taking lethis's fortress, dethroning her and ruling mareth yourself. Trials in tained space is the game that's still being updated, CoC's development has stopped. While yes there are some unlabeled buttons in TiTs, they are actually quite important. The buttons on the top don't do anything, most of the ones at the bottum do though. The first and second do nothing. The third opens the main menu, the fourth brings up the data menu for loading and saving. The fith opens your appearance so you can read what you look like, it also lets you change your prefered gender and wing position if you have wings. The sixth opens your mail client, you'll need to set this up if you want to view emails from npcs. Viewing those is sometimes important because it unlocks stuff. The final button is basically a rewind button. It allows you to view the previous screen. In TiTs there is, unfortunately, one puzzle that can't be done as a blind individual because you can't get a good overview. The good thing is there's an alternative way to get past it, so its not absolutely necesary to complete the full game.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-12-29 10:55:43

Hey Dark,
If i understand you, you said that transformations are happening to your genitals only. That's a false statement, since transformations can happen to your every body part, you can even be transformed into various creatures and gain some skills. Like if you are transformed into a bee, you can sting monsters and stun
them for two rounds or so.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2017-12-29 13:52:39

@Conor, a shame about the access problems in Trials of tainted space, is there any possibility of contacting the developer, since adding labels to buttons really isn't that difficult, after all most buttons in the game do have them.
I'd ask myself but it sounds like your more experienced than I am with the game so would be in a better position to describe the problem.

Nice to know about corruption of champions, I'm only just trying this one myself so haven't seen what happens if you get fully corrupted etc.

Btw, I'm not sure about updates since there were still additions to the game mentioned on the blog, also  I have seen reports of a revamp mod under very active development which you can find out more about here on the revamp mod's own wiki

Whether this is a sequel, or a way of carrying on development or what I don't know, either way corruption of champions is far from abandoned from what I gather.

@Arnold, yep, I know you can get perks by transformations like the bee stinger that alter combat, but in terms of general appearance your form doesn't change quite as much as in flexible survival, or at least not in what I've seen of the game thus far, which I admit isn't too much since manifestly there is a lot there.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-29 14:07:09

oh, form changes are a thing in CoC, but yes, there are a lot more options in TiTs especially since getting hold of transformatives, or even becoming a speciffic race that can shapeshift using biomass, isn't that difficult.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-12-29 14:16:53

All the more reason it'd be nice if Trials in tainted  space was fully accessible with labeled buttons.
I haven't dug out contact details for the developer as yet, so registering on the forum might be necessary, on the other hand that did get Flexible survival's view status command added which is good, and generally speaking so long as one asks politely people don't tend to mind, and if the game is still in active development it's likely an option which would be easy to add.

Btw, getting back to corruption of champions, also having a check of the forum, it seems the revamp mod mentioned above is pretty much the continuation of Corruption of champions, they're even working on a mode which sets the game later on and provides different puzzles, dungeons, enemies etc, so if you want extra development in that game give it a try.

2018-01-01 17:59:36

Well hello. I've been a fan of COC for a veryy long time. I'll elaborate on it here abit longer later, but the most important thing. Corruption 100 isn't ann auto game over, it's just that you can get to some situations, where making the wrong choice with corruption 100 gives you the game over, but no, you can beat the game at corruption 100 and it's not at all that different. some monsters, who havenn't yet been corrupted won't like you though, other how ever will like you more.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2018-01-01 18:02:23

Tits is still yes in active development, I havenn't been playing that so much, because I didn't have the chance to donate to it and I would have liked to be amongst the backers.
COC has a sae editor, TITS also has one, but it was available only to the original backers from a certain donation.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2018-01-01 18:03:54

COC has also a list of names, which if you take them, you get a specific character.
And Fenoxo is contactable, he answers to comments on blog, patreon and in the forum.

2018-01-01 22:22:35

@Icemaster good to know about corruption, I'll give the game another try and see where things go. perhaps if your more familiar with both games you could contact Fenoxo about fixes  to the button lables in Trials in tainted space, and for that matter to the revamp mod of corruption of champions which also appears to use them (though whether they are used in the game I don't know as I've not really tried the remake mod as it's effectively a game expantion to the original game which I've not played yet).

2018-01-01 22:40:12

I haven't played the revamp mod either, if it's not the prisoner mod to which you're referring to.
Has anyone tried COC on Android?
I have written to the forums and such before. Me or someone else might contact Fenoxo then.

2018-01-02 00:03:41

From what I gathered through a quick poke around the forums and the wiki (the link is in the above post), the prisoner mod is no longer maintained, though I believe parts of it have been encoorporated into the revamp mod which seems to have taken the best bits from many other mods and be a very coordinated effort (I sort of found some of the ideas in the prisoner mod interesting).

Either way, I'll be adding Corruption of Champions to the db, and it'd be great to add both Trials of tainted space and the revamp mod too   the db assuming can both be propperly labeled.

Fall of Eden is a little different, since the problem I had there is that you can't actually progress by clicking on anything but have to hit keys. this is fine in principle, however I think the indication of which keys to  is graphical, meaning the game is quite literally hit and miss, still, one thing at a time, and if we could get Trials in tainted space and the revamp mod sorted that  give us access to some exceptional rpgs with  a risque bent.

2018-01-02 13:14:45

Hello,
I've tried the game and was unable to play it.. Could someone help me, please?

2018-01-02 14:04:55

What was the problem exactly?
Bare in mind that the game is written in flash, this means it doesn't play nicely with chrome, (I'm not sure about Firefox).

Even when I enabled flash in Chrome and  allowed all the permissions the game just wouldn't display text, and trying to download and run it with a stand alone version of the  adobi flash player as was suggested on Fenoxo's site didn't work since I couldn't read the text at that point.

The only way I got the game to work correctly was in internet explorer, either by navigating to the page or by downloading the file and opening it.

After this, just clicking with spacebar bought up the start menu with new game, data, options etc, and at that point it was easy enough to just click the bits of the screen for what choices I wanted.

Hth.

2018-01-02 15:17:00 (edited by mata 2018-01-02 15:17:43)

i succeed in playing the game with firefox. It works as good as IE. All you need to do is open the swf file you got with it.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-01-02 18:42:20

Thx mata. good to know. Firefox is okay, it's a shame that Chrome is being a bugger with this one, tho the consensus is that chrome will be fixing their flash support further down the line.

2018-01-03 02:09:11

oh yes, would be great if someone could contact the dev about the two games in regards to the buttons, since the games and the mod sound so amazing. If the buttons would be all labeled, we have even a few amazing and fully accessible RPG's more, wich would be great

2018-01-03 12:19:04

Okay I've asked on the fenoxo forums. Anyone on there can see the thread here

Hopefuly we'll see something good, since Trials in tainted space and the revamp mod have the same issue.

Fall of Eden is a little different since I've not fully worked that one out yet, as the game is very accessible, but you need to use shortcut keys and I'm not %100 sure how to determine which key responds to which choice.
Also oddly enough Fall of Eden plays fine with Google Chrome, where the other two don't, though cannot be downloaded, indeed the  major difference I noticed running the game in Chrome as opposed to Ie, is that the top choices end up being a list in Chrome, where as in Ie they're all on he same line, which I suspect is something to do with Nvda.

2018-01-04 08:25:12

I see a new release from kitta660 that contains a quite new feature. Aside from contacting the main COC dev, I suggest contacting the mod dev too. The menu and stuff seems to be reworked and there're unlabled buttons all over.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-01-04 09:52:11

I was hoping to reach someone about trials in tainted space first, since if the adaptation is made in the main game hopefully adding it to the mod would be easier, plus since the mod maintainer is on the Fenoxo forum I was hoping to discuss both at the same time.

Unfortunately the forum topic hasn't had any replies yet, so we'll wait and see and perhaps try leaving a comment on the blog instead.

if that doesn't work, then maybe contacting the mod maintainer directly might be necessary.

It is a shame about the mod, since it looks like all the buttons have been unlabeled, or something.

2018-01-05 03:53:47

Does the iOS version accessible? I saw a link to the iOS version on Fenoxo's blog.

2018-01-05 12:32:03

I've not tried the Ios version since it's not in the ap store so you need a jail broken Iphone to put the game on it, which is not something I've investigated.

I would guess though that the original CoC would be moderately playable  voiceover, though I don't know how vo would handle the items needed to make choices since they aren't standard links or controls, however Trials in tainted space and the mod  have the same problem since it is the text that is missing.

Unfortunately we've still! not heard anything on the forum about accessibility fixes for Trials in tainted space or the mod, so it might be necessary to contact the revamp mod maintainer and Fenoxo a bit more directly.

2018-01-05 15:26:27

Okay I posted in This topic about the CoC revamp mod and explained the button issue.

Hopefully this will make matters a little more visible to the developers for both games, since it'd be really cool if the CoC revamp mod were as accessible as the main game.

2018-01-07 02:26:14

Well I pm'd fenoxo about trials in tainted space. he is concerned that attempting to label the  would involve completely rewriting the Ui.

I wonder though if either A, a screen reader mode could be added which had labels but no images, or B, hotkeys could be added for the buttons (provided that there was a way to know which hotkey did what).

more information from people who have played further in the game than I have about which buttons need labeling would be good, and perhaps a reasonable discussion with Fenoxo on the matter.

2018-01-07 03:31:53

Well, the thing is, the Mac VoiceOver doesn't works with flash contents, so I can't play the game. sad