2017-12-28 22:13:34

you guys are so hyp lol

2017-12-28 22:25:48

@525 It has to be the 29th in the timezone they live / work in lol, it doesn't just magically pop out of the hat for anyone the clock strikes 12. Also, they did say they weren't releasing it at the stroke of midnight, but later in the day.

Also, who needs manuals, yall gamers or girls lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-28 22:38:06

Does anyone know how much the game will be in the download size? My internet is quite limited, so I must know what plan should I buy today

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-12-28 22:41:41

Well as I said, we'll have it with the game. And yes, Joseph did say the game would be released later in the day since he wants the entire team to be able to be present for it. If that means it's actually the 30th for some people then that's what it'll be. That said I imagine they'll be able to hear my whoop of excitement back in Oregon where I used to live when the game finally does drop. LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-12-28 23:34:44 (edited by seb 2017-12-28 23:45:30)

@nuno69 they did not mention it yet

2017-12-29 00:11:33

They will on release I'm quite sure.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-12-29 00:15:46

Well guys remember soundtracks for all outofsight games are here
https://outofsightgames.bandcamp.com/
The soundtrack is really cool.
For the poster that asked for the game price outofsightgames.com has it now.
19.95, pritty much 20 bucks.
Its the 29th here, I have the soundtrack, the cash and I am ready to do whatever it takes to get running.
Its almost time, sadly while I have cash for a few more bits of music, there are no gaming wrig upgrades but oh well I will be running this, really looking forward now.

2017-12-29 00:27:47

I'm loving all of this enthusiasm and positivity! Still privately terrified that AHC won't live up to the hype, but it's exciting to see everyone so upbeat and united in their excitement. Thank you all for your encouragement!

Ok, rather than responding individually I'll just answer all the broad questions as best as I can:

Q: What time is release?
A: Don't hate me, but there is no official release time. Pretty much, the game will release once everything is ready to go and successfully uploaded to our server. So you'll just have to watch for the release announcement. Double don't-hate-me, it is probably going to be later in the day (in the US, that is). We are not going to be able to pull off a midnight release, as much as we'd want to. So for some of you the game may actually drop on the 30th in your local time.

Q: How will we know when the game has released?
A: We will post announcements on Twitter, AudioGames.net, and Kickstarter when we release. We will also provide a purchase link on the "A Hero's Call" page at outofsightgames.com. Kickstarter backers who earned a free copy of the game will receive an email confirming their "purchase" of the game as soon as the game is available for purchase.

Q: What about demos?
A: There will not be a playable demo for "A Hero's Call." However, there will be plenty of audio demo content available. Liam Ervin will be streaming the game on release day (see post #512), and I'm sure that plenty of other community members will be posting Let's Plays and hosting streams in the days and weeks following release. Hopefully they'll tweet those @OutOfSightGames and will post them here on AG.net as well.

Q: What about bonus items?
A: At present, this is a one-time-only offer for those who supported our Kickstarter. We don't mean to punish people who didn't know about the campaign or chose not to contribute; we just want to give a special token of appreciation to those who made this all possible. Don't worry; there are still hundreds of items to find in A Hero's Call, many of which are just as powerful and interesting as the ones you'll find in the bonus pack. One note about the bonus items: due to some technical challenges we've encountered, the bonus items may not be available to donors immediately upon release. If that is the case, we promise we will make them available as soon as possible, and will notify you as soon as they are.

Q: System requirements?
A: I know I promised official system specs, but I'm a bad person and don't have them. I don't even have the exact file size in front of me because I'm typing this on a break at work. What I can tell you is that it will require in the neighborhood of 1 to 1.5 GB of disk space—last I looked it was 1.2 but I know there were a few audio assets that hadn't been added at that point. As for RAM and processor usage, it should work on any modern computer with at least 2 GB of RAM. The game should (theoretically) run on 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows, but we have not been able to test 32 bit Windows extensively. We can confirm that the game works on Windows 7 and higher (64 bit). Again, in theory, it should work as far back as XP but we haven't had the luxury of doing through testing on a machine running Windows XP.

2017-12-29 00:45:10

I'm so much hyped as well. Damn, with all this excitement , the audiogames.net forum is going to explode when the game has been released, for sure! big_smile big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-29 00:49:30

Thanks for the update. Don't worry, it's obvious the effort you've put into the game. Old as they are those audio demos prove the amount of work and effort put into this project.

2017-12-29 00:57:38

now people must decide if we start a hole new thread or just stick to this one

2017-12-29 01:20:38

As this particular topic is now 537 posts long, I’m sure it would be better and much easier to create a new topic about the game actually being released.

2017-12-29 02:56:26

I rather thought that's what Joseph would do in any case.

2017-12-29 04:01:05

New thread for sure, for release info and questions and or observations.

2017-12-29 04:07:55

I'm excited, but not overly so. I've been disappointed by so many things in my life, its hard to get into that bouncing off the walls state anymore. I will be though if it lives up to the hype ,and if it is as good as those audio demos portray it to be.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-29 04:10:46

@iron cross, agreed. that's why I'm not too bothered either. the game has been hyped in the minds of people to the extent i'll be very surprised if it lives up to it. I really hope it does though but I just hope it won't be another manamon, completed in 2 weeks and forgotten about.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-12-29 04:26:05

let me just say one thing here, I am so so thrilled, to see this game is 1.2 or 1.5 gigs big, you know guys, call me stupid here, but the fact its so big, means,its rich with content, think about this, 99 percent of our games is what, 400 megs? maybe 600, but never 1.5 gigs. okay swamp is the exception, but the fact that this game here, is so big, makes me even more excited, man! come on! time, move faster. :d. Joseph, thanks for this beautiful small update. there's one other thing we want you to remember,
and I'll be so bold as to say I speak for all of us here.
When this game goes live, you've done as much as you could, to bring it as close to perfection, with the time you had. sometimes, you, do want to do to much, and sometimes, it is best to let the product go out, and work from there. you are going to get flame blasters  out there, just to wine if somethings are wrong, forget about them.
Then,  you going to get constructave feedback from most members who wants to help make things better, listen to them.
but through all this, all of us wishes to thank you and your entire team, for all the countless hours and hours you've put in. thank you to your beta testers, whom I'm sure you must have had,  for helping with the stuff you'd not have time to do.
We are all 100% behind you, and are ready for the release!!

There's a place for me in this universe.

2017-12-29 04:29:28

apologies for the double posting, I do agree with the 2 previous posters, when it comes to getting excited about projects, but for once in my life, I am actually super excited, and which ever way that may go, I am happy that most of us are feeling this as well. that actually makes it even more fun.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2017-12-29 04:34:51

hi, surely it depends on your skill level though? remember games for our sighted friends have downloadable content and many more rich areas to explore so some people may complete this type of game. you can make the game last weeks, it depends on how much time you have to devote to it i guess. if you have nothing else to be getting on with then yeah, people may have this beaten within a week.

2017-12-29 04:48:20

size of the game is an interesting point actually. I think fully installed manamon was about 400mb but I could be wrong, was possibly bigger. and that wasn't self voiced. those sound files have to make up for a lot of the drive space. well I'm gonna buy it on Saturday when people have already got it and hopefully I'm going to have fun.

and chowy, woof wooff

2017-12-29 04:58:31

think you can also listen and download the soundtrack from spotify if you know how to do the downloading part of it. think you can use an addon to download the music from chrome.

2017-12-29 04:59:51

I hope this game is as good as people are hoping this is. might buy it on day 1, but will probably wait until people have played it and have something up on youtube or something before I buy it.

2017-12-29 05:11:51

Whoever said that Manamon was completed in two weeks, you also have to remember, that game if you played it without quitting takes a good two days. That is a LONG time.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-12-29 05:33:32

i meant it took 2 weeks to complete for me the first time round. second time took me about 4 days while i had fun playing with things. then i haven't played it since. shame really. had a lot of potential but too short and never been made bigger.

2017-12-29 05:34:54

Buying on day 0 and playing, actually I have games that take nearly 60 gigs, so 1.x isn't that big, but yeah it is good that this is upon us. I honestly don't care about bugs and stuff if its not show stoppers, I mean, AAA titles don't have smooth launches, As long as the game isn't crashing every two second and corrupting my save, I'm happy.

End racism
End division
Become united