2017-12-24 10:50:19 (edited by Orin 2021-04-20 22:34:31)

Hello everyone,

Over the Eurofly 2 beta period, I began working on a mod for Eurofly to:
1. Translate strings to be more compliant with English.
2. Translate strings more to what the aircraft instruments actually are.
3. Make the menus understandable.
4. Improve sounds whenever possible.
5. translate the horrible default broken English task briefings that no doubt came from Google Translate.

For more info and to download the mod, as well as an aircraft's mod package created by DJKW75 customized for Eurofly 2, go
[here](http://bvipilots.com/)

Enjoy!

2017-12-24 13:00:48

Hi Orin.
Why not ask the developers to include all this in the actual release instead of making a mod? Maybe a stupid question... smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-24 18:38:20

A number of people don't like my mod. Haters gonna hate, but yeah. Eurofly 2 I don't think was ready for a Christmas release anyway. He just wanted to get this Christmas themed task pack out but the game is still bugged.

2017-12-25 10:45:20

Interesting. It's great that you're able to host it on your own website. Is it possible to get it uploaded to the main Eurofly website, so all mods, packs etc. can be downloaded from a centralized place? I'm sure that'll make more people to grab it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-25 19:09:56

Yes, that will be fantastic, indead

73 Wj3u

2017-12-25 20:14:25

Hezy.
Orin, why shouldnt some people like this mod? I know that you are a good pilot and know your stuff around an aircraft, so what's the problem there?
Will definatelly use the mod, also it would be a good idea if the developer would rethink his tower phrases because come on, this isnt what I would call simulation standard.
I know, we know how aircraft comunitcation really works and for the others it might be alright, but still, this is bugging me.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-12-26 07:05:48

Well, apparently some people are saying that some of the strings and task phrasing is hard to understand for non-native English speakers. I don't care, that's their problem. I designed the mod for native English speakers, and if non-native English speakers don't have a problem using it, great.

2017-12-26 08:17:52

Hi.
O-t, how do i run eurofly on win10 64?
I get this error when launched.
Something to do with xc000000 or something.
there's a post in the eurofly2 topic with the error in, post 25.
How do i install this mod?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-12-26 08:35:54

Hi orrin, i reely like this mod.
it is cool
How ever, i just wunder how do i  get the roling sound of my aircraft to play when i am n the ground?
It never playedd since i installed the game.
I hoped the mod would fix it...

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-12-26 08:38:43

Hi.
Regarding my previous post, i found the error.

---------------------------
Eurofly.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
OK   

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-12-26 14:34:55

As English is my native second language, I don't have a problem with it.

73 Wj3u

2017-12-26 16:10:23

RTT, I had something like that too, so I copied out my chosen towers and stewardesses, then completely uninstalled, then reinstalled eurofly, making sure to also get rid of the Eurofly folder in the main root of the C:\ directory, replaced my custom stuff, and redid the mods and it worked.

2017-12-26 16:10:36 (edited by Nikola 2017-12-26 16:11:19)

@Orin I am the one who said that in the group, and by that I didn't mean anything offensive or that I am a hater as you made it sound. I've also clearly stated that I do like the sound design you've done and that anyone must appreciate your mod and the time you took to make it, and I have only mentioned that as a reason why Stefan might not want to include that. I get that you are probably a native speaker and thus have no problems with that, but you must also understand that English is spoken from all around the world and all kinds of people play the game which even this forum can show. My English is relatively good compared to some, and adding to that that I also have a good knowledge of the program already I personally don't have issues with the mod. Again, it definitely does sound great.
@RTT entertainment It is most likely a problem with your visual c plus plus redistributables.

2017-12-26 20:28:15

Hi.
@Orin lol what, they are saying that the clear and correct english you used in your mod is harder to understand for non native english speakers than that google translate mumbo jumbo that the developer used?
Darn, wouldn't have thought that people would have these strange ways of thinking.
It was time already that the game received a propper english translation, and even though I am a non native english speaker, well, I can understand everything, BTW if you need help translating the other tasks, I would be willing to help.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-12-27 03:56:45

how do I install the mod?

2017-12-27 06:50:09

I'm using this and like it a lot.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-27 11:53:59

Hi.
@nick, just unzip the mod to yor eurofly folder, for me it would be c:\Eurofly.
When you also want to install the aircraft package, unzip it to the aircrafts folder, so c:\eurofly\aircrafts, if you have installed the software in another location, just adjust the path I have provided.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-12-27 14:46:31

hi josh. can you echo a bid the system voice a bid for just turn up a bid their volumes. because when I use boying 707mod, I can't here the t cas says assend or descend.

2017-12-28 03:39:57

Hello guys,
@Orin:
Hmm, I don't know where to start. May be post 3.
Have you some real reason to declare that Eurofly 2.0 is not ready for the public release? Do you really think we release an update which doesn't work?
If you have some issues, well, it would be better to write something more concrete, so we can fix it, instead of just declaring that game is buggy, that sounds like we are producing craps only to ... hmm... why? Why we would want to produce non-working releases?
I apologize if it sounds too harsh, but I am getting tired from declarations like this, especially when in most times shows, that problem was not in game, but in people not knowing how to play it.
It is of course greatly possible, that you really found some bugs, hovever in that case only way to fix them is letting us know.

Next, to the translations. It is true that many of them were made by Google translator with base fixes only, it was needed to finish them in highest possible speed to open way for other languages.
It was a good compromise, english is of course not on very high level, but everyone I think was able to get all needed informations from it, what was the goal, because we aren't native speakers, it would take much time for us to write the correct english version, it would be a lot of rephrasing and rewriting.
But... we have nothing against fixes made by someone else. If he/she have the time to do it and sacrificed his/her time, then why to do not use it, in case it is better than our version, what probably is?
Only thing to understand here is, that we aren't mindreaders, we haven't Skynet and we haven't hundred brains. It can sound harsh again, but it is not first time, when we were accused we ignored something or someone.
Someones here probably remember, small group around Gorthalon (if it is true) made english translation for Eurofly in its beginning on Audiogames forum.
In that time we were criticised, that we did not included it, although noone announced us that this translation exists, noone reacted on my appeal to send it to us, and noone gave any real source to get it. So how we were able to include it?

This is similar situation. I found this topic just by coincidence, I wanted to check other topics but before it checked New releases as normally, and found this. If it does not happen, I would never know that some mod does exists.
And again, we would get criticised that we have bad texts, when someone made good translation. Well, I absolutely do not understand it. Why are people making this like mods?
I understand when there are mods that change sounds for example, it is normal in games that mods are changing surfaces, but textual fixups as a mod? With Eurofly's current english?
Why these people just do not contact us? Are there less contact infos? Well, Eurofly's homepage, possibly documentation, Eurofly topics on Audiogames, where else it should be, so people will notice it? probably in messagebox at every gamestart, but I'm afraid hovever that it also doesn't help.
And no, Eurofly's mailing list is really not a good place to communicate with us. It is primary for problems solving between users, main developer is checking it from time to time but only briefly if there are some unsolvable problems, that can be potential bugs, so important things can be overlooked easyly.
If you want to offer something to developer, write him directly, you will be not ignored in that case, if your request make a sense.

As I sayd, for this time, I noticed the mod in right time, so with orin's agreement we can include textual content in Eurofly's next release, when people like it.
But, for future, if you have some reservations against eurofly with solutions, contact us directly please before criticising.
I apologize again if my words sound harsh, but I really don't know how else to write it, so people can understand.

To the towers, well, here is situation more complicated. We received many recommendations to rewrite scripts, adding things like no smoking and similar. But it is not that simple like it sounds.
There are tens of towers already, in 5 different translations (avoiding Arabic, which was not adapted to Eurofly 2.0 yet), so rephrasing scripts include a. translation to all currently supported languages and b. rerecording all towers, what is bit unreal goal, it was a lot of work to acquire things we already have.
There were also recommendations to include things like security instructions about life-jackets or gassmasks. We however finalized, that this few minutes long recording can be interesting in first few flights, but in hundredsone... Also translations and again rerecording... that does not seem worth doing.
But if someone wants... It is not needed to record scripts word by word, you are free to add whatever you want if it is regarding concrete recording content. So you can add also this like instructions, there is place for it, but I am curious how many people will use it.

@RTT entertainment:
this is rare bug, but one my friend have it too. We haven't found the cause yet, it seems like more complicated stuff. So I sadly can't recommend you anything concrete, but we are working on it.

That is all for now, finally I hadn't time for topics I wanted originally to check, so will do it tomorrow, here is around 2:30 and I am going to sleep.

Best regards

Rastislav

2017-12-28 04:32:50

I'm sorry @19, but your game is very buggy. I've had instances since its 2.0 release that have made me question my desire to continue playing.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-28 06:12:12

lmao guys, specially @20 and @3 more so @20 after reading what post 19 wrote your post was quite detailed and informative as to what the issues with the games are!
thums up tongue

Honestly I like the new version and I see many things requested by people before have been listened to and acted on in 1 way or the other.

I have been playing the game same as the rest of you,possibly more or less,but I havent encountered any gamebreaking bugs or any issues so far. The Control f8 etc lists perhaps take a bit longer to load up than before,but maybe its my pc,though.

So if you guys that are encountering bugs would report them in detail to the developer where they could be fixed,rather than say oh! this game buggy,me think play or not!.
sheesh...

Rastislav, I can understand your frustration, and seriously as you say if people are willing enough to work on improving translation and the like it would be far more benefitial to everyone if those improvements after screening were directly added to the game rather than a mod...
but eh,shrug.

@Orin,I am just curious,is there a way to revert back to the defaults after your mod is installed? as I am considering giving it a spin but would prefer a way to reset everything to the defaults if I dont like it.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-12-28 06:30:27

Not only that, but the map is pretty disorganized with typos all over the place when in reality, the API for Open Street Map can pull this data and every single country and airport in the world would be represented.

2017-12-28 07:25:26

You want detailed: Okay...

1. Various people have reported "Wrong Direction" bug, and to this day I still have no idea how to consistently reproduce this one. I personally don't get it but there have been several people in the chat group, the email list, etc that get it, including a friend of mine last night.

2. The intercom doesn't work at all.

3. Declan's Concorde mod is better. Declan's mods in general are better, so download them from my site and include them in the game.

4. Apparently, somehow my mod, which is only a collection of audio, tasks, strings files, messes with autopilot.

5. This game should be in 64 bit.

6. Serious server lag at times, just flying along the game will freeze.

7. Countless other things. @ironcross32, help?

2017-12-28 12:17:54

Let me see here. 1. So, saying wrong direction bug is enough for the developer to immediatelly understand what's happening and fix it? Cool then, I hope one day you will become a developer and as soon as someone tells you wrong direction bug you'll be like oh sure, it is magically fixed now even though I have no idea where or how is wrong direction reported. 2. This does in no way mean it is a  bug that makes the game not ready for the release. Intercom is totally optional and I don't even understand why people use it. Not saying it should not be fixed or something, but it is not a major bug in any way. 3. Didn't know a mod sounding better than the original is a bug, so good job on reporting bugs again. 4. Again, this isn't Stefan's fault in any way. 5. It should be 64 bit because?  I believe this was just something you came up while trying to increase your bug counter without any knowledge. Just don't tell me something like it should be 64 bit because it will be faster because this isn't how it works. You have no idea how many basic windows program on your system are 32 bit. Making this app 64 bit and I can tell you good luck in reading some informations with NVDA which is a 32 bit app. 6. This is actually the only real bug that kind of gets annoying at times, but I am sure it is going to be fixed. Wont even comment on 7 as it is pretty pointless if you can't even remember a single major bug and you're there to always say how it isn't ready for release. Stefan, full support to you and good luck in your development.

2017-12-28 12:21:43

Also, sorry for a double post but isn't new releases room for games and not for mods to games? I believe this should be in general games discussion.