2017-12-26 17:48:53

So, I'm having a little bit of an issue when I use n v d a  with any browser at the moment
going through headings is , slow but when I use JAWS.  It's really fast to be honest them not sure what's going on, is anybody else having this problem

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-12-26 21:48:06

I'm not sure as I am not experiencing this problem, headings take no time at all to traverse for me.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-27 01:16:43

Using sapi5 voices on 2017.4 and it's working fine here.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-12-27 02:01:58

Hi. The only case where I have seen it be slower is in Edge, but that is to be expected. Also if you're unaware, the latest Firefox has performance issues though that is even worse with jaws and you've said you can use it with jaws.

2017-12-27 17:22:09

Yes, I thought a restart of the computer would fix it but no, I disabled some add-ons and that didn't work .  So I'm pretty much at a loss, by the way, musing Google Chrome, and I tried Firefox as well.  It's doing the same problem.  So at this point, I'm glad I have a separate screen reader for web browsing

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2017-12-27 18:50:33

This is definitely not a normal behaviour and should not happen. Do you have a github account to create an issue? I would try a complete reinstall of NVDA first though.,

2017-12-27 19:27:20

I'd go into general settings, and set the debug level to the highest, then play around with it and look in the log which you can get to through the tools menu and see if anything looks odd. This isn't normal behavior for NVDA.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united